Quantcast
Ordering Suits Online - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ordering Suits Online

My Ride
    2009 STi

Default Ordering Suits Online

Just curious, has / does anyone order their suits online?

I see all these online retailers in the states selling them for like 40% less than what I can find locally. And with the exchange rates right now, theyre even cheaper.

Any suggestions for good sites? Im specifically looking at Armani Collezioni's

My Ride
    335i

Never buy a suit online. OBviously you are buying it to look your best so why would you buy something that you will never be able to try on!
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2009 STi

Well thats the thing, I would find the size/one I want here (locally so i can try on) and purchase the exact same one online. It could also be altered a bit...

My Ride
    94' Terd

what website is this i love checkin out suits...

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

cant u just get a suit closest to your size then get alteraterations?
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

kenneth cole

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Just buy a suit in a bag, then you're good to go One size fits no one
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    335i

If you could try it out here, and order the exact same one, why not? Online websites do not have nearly the same costs and markups that retailers here do.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Hybrid

dunno if they ship to canada, but the ones i've heard of are bluefly and yoox

get an oxxford suit and you'll be my hero
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    2009 STi

Hi Strider.

I checked both of those out. They only seem to have HUGE sizes of what I want. Weird.... Maybe the carry the leftovers from last year or something?

buying a suit online is the dumbest idea possible... at 40% off its most likely because the pants and jacket are mismatched fabrics... when buying suits you want them to be made from the same dye lot to ensure that they are EXACTLY the same colour.

also there is the whole issue of flaws, snags and tears...

anyways... getting a brand name suit is just a dumb idea anyways... if you are going to spend more than $1000 on a suit you are better with a tailored suit... it will fit better... look better and end up being cheaper.

the only reason why anyone would buy an Armani suit is for the "bling factor".

"look at me... im an idiot who wasted my money on a brandname"
    Last edited by sputnik; 10-15-2003 at 01:06 PM.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Originally posted by tulit
    Hi Strider.

I checked both of those out. They only seem to have HUGE sizes of what I want. Weird.... Maybe the carry the leftovers from last year or something?
    sorry, i can't help you there, i've only heard of the sites... never visited them myself

Originally posted by sputnik
    buying a suit online is the dumbest idea possible... at 40% off its most likely because the pants and jacket are mismatched fabrics... when buying suits you want them to be made from the same dye lot to ensure that they are EXACTLY the same colour.

also there is the whole issue of flaws, snags and tears...

anyways... getting a brand name suit is just a dumb idea anyways... if you are going to spend more than $1000 on a suit you are better with a tailored suit... it will fit better... look better and end up being cheaper.

i wouldn't agree with you there. Although i probably wouldn't ever buy a suit online, online retailers simply wouldn't be in business if they sold mismatched, flawed, or torn suits. Especially if it's high end clothing.

As for brand names, it is very materialistic for some people to buy certain brands just for the name, however, with a brand name like kiton, brioni, canali, or oxxford, there is a much higher quality element in terms of materials, cutting, and stitching.

And generally, if someone spends $1500 or more on a "brand name" suit, they will pay to have it tailored.

My Ride
    2009 STi

i guess im an idiot then

Go try on an Armani and then go to Moores for their $50 special and tell me theres no difference but bling factor. I was looking at "cheaper" (still ~$1k) suits, like Hugo and even then theres a big difference in the way it feels on you.

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

You might be able to buy it "virgin" or unaltered. If that is the case then I don't see a problem with it. You have to pay alteration charges when you buy a suit anyways so I don't see the difference except that you night save $$$ by paying online.

Be careful of duty charges though. They can bite you in the ass if your not careful!

yeah seriously, this isnt like the difference between two fruit of the loom shirts, one with "diesel" written on the front of it and costing 10 times as much.

you want a good suit, you pay the money for it.

still, I would buy at moore's or some place similar if I needed a suit for work and I sat behind a desk all day...

Originally posted by tulit

i guess im an idiot then

Go try on an Armani and then go to Moores for their $50 special and tell me theres no difference but bling factor. I was looking at "cheaper" (still ~$1k) suits, like Hugo and even then theres a big difference in the way it feels on you.
    moors vs armani... OBVIOUSLY a huge difference... that is apples vs oranges

im talking armani vs a custom single needle tailored suit (like from Josephs Mens Wear)

i would take a tailored suit over an armani ANYDAY. However its a known fact that many people buy armani so that they can SAY they are wearing an armani

another issue that i have with suits is that i wear a 40 jacket.. and the pants that come with a 40 are typically 34W... and i wear a 32... so i would need to alter the suit... which completely changes the feel and form of it
    Last edited by sputnik; 10-16-2003 at 11:44 AM.