Quantcast
Golds gym (Airdrie and Eau Claire) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golds gym (Airdrie and Eau Claire)

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Default Golds gym (Airdrie and Eau Claire)

Do you guys know if memberships are good for all Gold's in Canada or North America? If that is the case i figure get the membership at the location that offers the lowest price.

Anyone know much about the Airdrie or Eau Claire location? Got an email from EC and sounds like they are to open in the next week or so.

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

Default Gold's credit problems

DON'T GET GOLD'S GYM!!! Trust me they are a nightmare to deal with.

I can speak from first hand Gold's Gym will try to get whatever $ they can from you. I signed up for a membership through my company, and BOTH my company AND Gold's said the membership would be cancelled upon termination of my employment. Once I quit my job, I called Gold's and sure enough they "said" my membership was cancelled. All good, right? WRONG

2 years later (YEAH, TWO YEARS LATER) I get a letter from a collections company stating that I owe gold's gym $400. I called and spoke to the finance manager and explained. Sure, he was able to fix up the problem -- 7 MONTHS LATER! But at least they fixed the problem, right? WRONG

6 months AFTER THAT, I'm now trying to get a house, but a red flag came up. Who could that be? That's right, Gold's Gym apparently still has a collections notice on my name.

So, in summary, 3 years after signing up to a gym i went to only a number of times, I can't even get a damn banana financed because of them.

Google "Gold's Gym complaints" and see what you get.
    Last edited by eg_eric; 03-03-2009 at 02:35 PM.

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

Default gold's locations

to answer your question tho, i believe you have to get a "travel pass" to allow you to go to their gyms in other locations.

Ack walk away lol...

Great gyms , just dodgy ass memberships! They are shity and scammy as Spa Lady!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Anything topless.

So as it stands, I ended up signing up with them some time in June, but ended up not giving them my financial information. I paid for my first month as well as a 30 dollar admin fee but they lost my financial info and said that they were not taking any money out and I owed them money. Fair enough, but upon asking for further information the lady who I was dealing with was quite rude so I simply said fuck it, and left.

In essence, they have my membership details such as address and name, but they do not have any financial information such as my bank statement or institution.

My question is, do they have enough info on me to put me in a position such as eg_eric?

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

probably not, although knowing gold's gym they'll probably contact the credit bureaus and attempt to by giving them your information, but i believe they require a SIN number or credit card to do that. since you havent done either, it's best to keep an eye on your credit report and make sure no changes occur.

My Ride
    J35Z2

i do drop in on a month to month basis at golds
    sure its like $5 more expensive per month than being a prisoner.... but hey.. i only pay for the month if i go

golds gyms are nice gyms yes.. .but its true their prison contracts can kill
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by eg_eric
    probably not, although knowing gold's gym they'll probably contact the credit bureaus and attempt to by giving them your information, but i believe they require a SIN number or credit card to do that. since you havent done either, it's best to keep an eye on your credit report and make sure no changes occur.
    Hmm...I actually have to have another look now! I can't remember if I gave them anything like that on the day I signed. All I remember is that I didn't give them any of my banking info for direct payment.

I do remember that I had a mate that was close to the head employee who then gave me a discount and said to just bring in my info when I could but I really don't remember if I gave that other info. Will have to check. How does one check one's credit report anyway? What's needed and where do I go?

Cheers.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

BE CAREFUL THO when signing up for month to month. they can - and often will - put you into a contract on the basis of "you authorized us". make sure that what they say is what you sign.

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

In Canada, there are three major credit bureaus: Equifax Canada, NCB Inc. and TransUnion Canada. All have a website where you can order your credit report. Try to call gold's tho and ask if theres a collection on your account. if they say "we will" or "we're going to" screw them.

If they say "yes", check your credit report.

if they've lied, they can get in big trouble for making a statement on your credit about being in collection when it isn't. That's how i got gold's.
    Last edited by eg_eric; 03-03-2009 at 03:59 PM.

My Ride
    J35Z2

Originally posted by eg_eric
    BE CAREFUL THO when signing up for month to month. they can - and often will - put you into a contract on the basis of "you authorized us". make sure that what they say is what you sign.

yeah i know
    when i went in i said im gonna drop in this month
    and not next month as im out of town
    but the month after i will be back is there something that i can do

they said
    sure month to month payments
    pay in advance for the month you want to use
    and then use it, when your 30 days is done, if you come back you pay for another 30 days and so on

i think this works out way better than 1 year or 2 year or 3 year contracts.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

May be it's good to pay for the year and don't gave them credit info. YMCA is pretty good I think but it's a bit far from me.

My Ride
    '09 Dodge Challenger

yeah man, with anything, it's best NOT to give your credit information unless you have to. This will keep you from getting screwed. Even with cell phones, i do pay as you go JUST to make sure that something like with Bell doesn't happen to me (where customers were getting charged hundreds for long distance when it was Bell's screw up and theyre still forcing the customers to pay it).

The only thing i ever give my SIN or financial info is when i applied for my house, my car, and when hired at my job.

I will never give my credit information to a gym anymore. Goodlife gyms do not accept lump sum payments for the year, Golds did... so i went with them. YMCA cost twice as much and you get half the value.

I have no problems forking out $720 for 15 months and not have to worry about it again. When you go 5-6 times per week it actually costs the facility money in the long run. Gym's want to target the fat slobs and rope them into a 3 year contract expecting them to go 5 times a year.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by DNSRadio
    i do drop in on a month to month basis at golds
    sure its like $5 more expensive per month than being a prisoner.... but hey.. i only pay for the month if i go

golds gyms are nice gyms yes.. .but its true their prison contracts can kill
    How much is for month to month basis?? They wont give me any quotes over the phone.

Anybody workout at Gold's Mckenzie?

If you know you won't be going anywhere for a while save yourself the hassles of a contract and pay upfront.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Originally posted by Wildcat
    Anybody workout at Gold's Mckenzie?

If you know you won't be going anywhere for a while save yourself the hassles of a contract and pay upfront.
    a contract would be cheaper if you happened to relocate, as you can put your contract on "hold" which is only 10$ a month for non use and if you have 6 months left thats only 60$ to finish up your membership.

@ jonel - around 25 bi weekly (50$ a month) for a 2 year contract

Originally posted by Wildcat
    Gym's want to target the fat slobs and rope them into a 3 year contract expecting them to go 5 times a year.
    They do a very good job at this. My first 3 years at Gold's, I spent only like 3-4 months out of the year actually going. Now I'm actually going more frequently and getting my monies worth.

i was pretty set on joining golds mckenzie because of the pool and everything
    i was planning on taking a look there this weekend to see the facility/prices, the pool would be nice to use from time to time!
    i'm also considering good life in mckenzie or world health by anderson station, or YMCA shawnessy.

i'm not sure what to do, i used to use the gym at work but i changed employers, and the new gym SUCKS SO BAD! so now i'm forced to pay for a membership somewhere.

i work in quarry park and live in cranston, can anyone recommend a gym around either locations?
    i really prefer to work out around 5pm 3-4days a week and maybe once on the weekends.

hmmmm

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Golds McKenzie sucks cock @ 5 PM. There is a lot of guidos at that time pumping up their hair and cell phones. After 8 is best there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast