Quantcast
Haskayne admission this year - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Haskayne admission this year

Originally posted by Cres
    Quick question: How is the GPA calculated??

Sounds like a dumb question... but the haskayne website says that they look at the 5 highest courses of the recent term to calculate the GPA.... Does that mean that they will only count the 5 courses i did in the winter semester.. or.. They will count 5 highest of the 10 courses i did throught the fall+winter semester???
    GPA is calculated using the ten most previous courses taken from Winter and going backwards ten courses.

That means the Spring BEFORE admission doesn't count.

Anyone know when we can expect admission to go from tentative to full if we completed all 10 courses before Spring?

My Ride
    SRT

i actually talked to someone from admissions less than 2 weeks ago, and she said that officially the GPA needed is 3.0 , but this year and next they are taking 2.95 and higher

i still haven't gotten accepted into the program....what the hell? my gpa is over 2.95 and 3.0 but when i check my status on ucalgary it still says incomplete document received from mount royal...i sent transcripts over twice even though they said that i wouldnt need to do that..

i just want to get that acceptance letter in the mail so i can start picking classes and stop stressing. anyone know when i should get a decision?

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

Originally posted by roguetrader
    i still haven't gotten accepted into the program....what the hell? my gpa is over 2.95 and 3.0 but when i check my status on ucalgary it still says incomplete document received from mount royal...i sent transcripts over twice even though they said that i wouldnt need to do that..

i just want to get that acceptance letter in the mail so i can start picking classes and stop stressing. anyone know when i should get a decision?
    you won't get an answer until mid to late june almost.
    Basically, if you didn't get conditional admission, you won't hear the answer until late June because they need everyone's applications in before they make final decisions and etc.

EDIT: But you know what, I've pestered the admissions a lot. They said 2.95 is supposedly set in stone.
    I wouldn't worry about it man, if you have a GPA over 3.0 - you're in. The economy is bad, their tuition has been spiked up, and to be quite honest - asides from accounting - most business major jobs aren't looking so hot.
    My friend has been an accountant for 3 years (graduated 06" from Haskayne) and got laid off...same with a lot of my Chem Eng friends. Sure you would think this is the time to go to school but also take into account that a large # of their transfer students are from MRC/MRU. Well now that's its a Uni + they phased out the Transfer program in 2008 , they probably have less applicants.

Anyways, in the end they're going to accept more than they can as usual and you're going to be raped in the butt trying to get into courses. Honestly if I didn't have to transfer for Finance, I probably wouldn't have.
    Last edited by magicalpoop; 05-23-2010 at 02:16 PM.

has anyone with conditional acceptance gotten in yet?

wondering what the hold up is. grades exceeded what was needed. transferring from u of c. completed all courses in winter.

My Ride
    05 Impreza RS

Don't worry. We'll prob all be waiting for acceptance til Mid-June right when course registration is or even after. Even if you had a high GPA you'd be waiting. I'm transferring with a GPA of ~3.8 and I'm still waiting to be accepted as well as a few of the other people who are transferring with same level GPAs as well. Kinda sucks but there isn't much you can do but wait...if you can find some business friends to hold classes for you if they have early registration dates.

-----
    Last edited by colt22; 09-14-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Originally posted by colt22
    3.8? wtf is wrong with you people lol

Im going in with a 3.3; Still a yellow check mark appearing in student center. I dont think they make it official until June 30th. Dont forget spring courses right now do not count for admission.
    I get early registration on june 17 but I wont be able to register in any business courses or my PLMA courses, really sucks.
    Im going to get in touch with the dean and see what can be done for early admittance (before registration date) and report back.
    June 30th? That is complete garbage

My Ride
    05 Impreza RS

3.8? wtf is wrong with you people lol

Im going in with a 3.3; Still a yellow check mark appearing in student center. I dont think they make it official until June 30th. Dont forget spring courses right now do not count for admission.
    I get early registration on june 17 but I wont be able to register in any business courses or my PLMA courses, really sucks.
    Im going to get in touch with the dean and see what can be done for early admittance (before registration date) and report back.
    At least you're at the yellow checkmark! Im still only at the green circle (Completed Application). Did you finish your transfer courses in fall semester? I would go and keep asking to look over your application until they finally accept you. Cause at this point getting late registration means you're going to have shitty pickings at registrations like most of us. Like I said, find a friend who can hold classes for you just as a Plan B.

Is the yellow checkmark.... better than the green circle?

Ugh why does it take so long to get admitted. =(

Is anyone else transferring in getting to register before June 16?

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

the yellow check mark is better than green circle.

Yellow Check mark = Conditional Admission
    Green Circle = We have all the necessary documents to evaluate you (means nothing really)

Nothing is being done until June.
    I'd imagine we're low on their priority since they have a flock of high school applicants to tend to (Fresh Meat for the UofC bank accounts).

I have Bachelor of Arts as my 2ndary....conditional admission was 2.5 and last years cut off was 2.0 ... my GPA is at a 3 or so...I still don't have an updated status on that application...

So I guess we will all just have to wait patiently..

EDIT: I just realized why they are waiting until June 30th.
    That's the last day to get your transcripts in and some people are doing spring courses to fulfill requirements (not boost GPA, etc)

Originally posted by magicalpoop
    the yellow check mark is better than green circle.

Yellow Check mark = Conditional Admission
    Green Circle = We have all the necessary documents to evaluate you (means nothing really)

Nothing is being done until June.
    I'd imagine we're low on their priority since they have a flock of high school applicants to tend to (Fresh Meat for the UofC bank accounts).

I have Bachelor of Arts as my 2ndary....conditional admission was 2.5 and last years cut off was 2.0 ... my GPA is at a 3 or so...I still don't have an updated status on that application...

So I guess we will all just have to wait patiently..

EDIT: I just realized why they are waiting until June 30th.
    That's the last day to get your transcripts in and some people are doing spring courses to fulfill requirements (not boost GPA, etc)
    june 30 is the deadline to submissions but probably not the 'day' that the decide. Spring courses do not count for requirments OR gpa for admittance on transfer

My Ride
    FA20

june 30 is the deadline to submissions but probably not the 'day' that the decide. Spring courses do not count for requirments OR gpa for admittance on transfer
    Yes, you can take Spring courses to fulfill requirements. I had completed 18 courses and took 2 spring courses and used those to transfer. GPA will not count though.

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

yah you can take spring courses to fulfill requirements, but it won't count to GPA. It screws you over though, you're probably dead last to register.

My Ride
    2010 Camaro

So who got in?

I got in with a 3.0. Course registration is a pain. Bit excited for fall classes...new school...majoring finally!

Good luck to anyone else still waiting on admission!

My application still says

" The UofC will obtain an academic transcript on your behalf through ApplyAlberta."

I just rewrote my math 30 pure diploma last week, and I'm "high school" so I still have until aug 1.

My Ride
    CLS 63, E550, Escalade, STS-V

I would suggest going and speaking to the undergrad advisors in SH if you can't register in business classes, even if you aren't in Haskayne yet.

I got in with cumulative 2.80 from MRU, but last ten courses were 3.29. I want to change my major from finance to accounting and acct 341 is dead full. Does anyone what are the chances getting overloaded into a acct 341 course.

I got in to haskayne, but this question is for a friend. Would be appreciated if anyone knew the answer.

I took calc 1200 to get in, is there like 3 other calc's you can take as your calculus 1 pre -req. anyone know which ones they are in mru?

Out of curiosity, which Haskayne courses have class presentations in them besides BSEN 291, BSEN 395, MKTG 317?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast