Quantcast
LF: IT work - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LF: IT work

My Ride
    14' 435i

Default LF: IT work

Hey guys,

well i was let go today due to the economic down turn and being sick too many times... (6 sick days in 6 months)

im looking to get right back into the IT field, i dont care where it is..

i have a couple years under my belt as mostly a desktop technician, but also have worked on and built/configured multiple servers.

I have experience in Accounting software such as SAP, Macola and Adagio. I did a complete overhaul of my last companies AD.

if you have ANYTHING that would lead me in the right direction, please dont hesitate to pm me or email me at [email protected]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you may not want to be advertising this without at least putting it into context

i was let go today due to the economic down turn and being sick too many times... (6 sick days in 6 months)
    Also, maybe try a more professional email address for contact?
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    14' 435i

the email address is just if you have any leads, i do have a more "professional" email address i send resumes with..

as for the sick days.. 2 were from food poisoning.. 2 were from a dislocated knee and i couldnt walk..

and other 2 days came when i had the flu..

Originally posted by GOnSHO
    the email address is just if you have any leads, i do have a more "professional" email address i send resumes with..

as for the sick days.. 2 were from food poisoning.. 2 were from a dislocated knee and i couldnt walk..

and other 2 days came when i had the flu..
    we all take sick days its not your fault bro. Simply your company wantd an excuse to can you due to the economy. I for one am tightening my belt so to say, no more sick days even if i need the day or am mildly sick.

My Ride
    14' 435i

yea i know.. just pisses me off..

as for going to work while sick.. ill go to work up until the point where i am throwing up every 5 mins.. hah

Default Re: LF: IT work

Hey guys,

well i was let go today due to the economic down turn and being sick too many times... (6 sick days in 6 months)

im looking to get right back into the IT field, i dont care where it is..

i have a couple years under my belt as mostly a desktop technician, but also have worked on and built/configured multiple servers.

I have experience in Accounting software such as SAP, Macola and Adagio. I did a complete overhaul of my last companies AD.

if you have ANYTHING that would lead me in the right direction, please dont hesitate to pm me or email me at
    Send off a resume to [email protected]. We have been toying with the idea of adding a junior member to our team.

My Ride
    14' 435i

AWESOMEE!! thanks..

ill send one today after im done updating my resume

My Ride
    14' 435i

resume sent

didn't you get "let go" fired from EnCana too???

seems to be a trend

My Ride
    Axis powers

ooooo hire me hire me
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    14' 435i

encana was a contract job, therefore a different collegue of mine and I switched contracts... and it was almost 2 years ago, if you have no useful input please leave..

i was LAID off (contract not renewed) at this place because of economic issues...

they closed down branches and laid off a lot of people

encana was a contract job, therefore a different collegue of mine and I switched contracts... and it was almost 2 years ago, if you have no useful input please leave..

i was LAID off (contract not renewed) at this place because of economic issues...

they closed down branches and laid off a lot of people
    feel for ya bra, pm me ur resume.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Thank god they need us at this crappy company I work for now. Atleast once a week 1-3 people are sick. Today we are down 2 people being sick.

Anyways good luck on your job hunt. The IT industry is still strong here in Calgary no matter what some people think. There just more picky and wont hire you because you can speak a bit of english and you know how to turn on a computer.

I would also touch bases with Sapphire,SI Systems and Modis. they are pretty respected compared to others.

My Ride
    14' 435i

I dont get sick very often, im very active so my body is pretty immune to it.. but sometimes it does happen and it pisses me off, cuz i LIKE working...

thanks for the heads up.. ill see what they have.. if anything

Last edited by bbrannan; 03-11-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Originally posted by bbrannan

that's weird....see the story we all know over here is as follows...

contractor yes.
    switched/replaced with a colleague.. possibly.

reason for "switching"....Your EnCana lead at the time told your Contractor lead at the time you were immature, lazy and un-professional. In which case your Contractor lead is forced to fire/lay-off (whatever you want to call it) from the EnCana contract and then has to stick you with any other contract that has room before being forced to lay you off or even worse...being fired from your contract company for giving them such a bad name with one of their bigger clients.

Lastly this is useful info...to those willing to refer you to their companies or others. 2 years though may have given you some time to change but you will soon realize how tight the Calgary IT industry can be and how word spreads quick.
    thanks for this, i may hold off sending his resume off to my team lead now.

contractor yes.

reason for "switching"....Your EnCana lead at the time told your Contractor lead at the time you were immature, lazy and un-professional. In which case your Contractor lead is forced to fire/lay-off (whatever you want to call it) from the EnCana contract and then has to stick you with any other contract that has room before being forced to lay you off or even worse...being fired from your contract company for giving them such a bad name with one of their bigger clients.

Lastly this is useful info...to those willing to refer you to their companies or others. 2 years though may have given you some time to change but you will soon realize how tight the Calgary IT industry can be and how word spreads quick.
    Nothing like a touch of libel to get the day off to a great start.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

Oh please... There are so many IT companies in Calgary and they are spread through such a broad spectrum of industries I hardly doubt he needs to worry about you black balling him. You make IT sounds like some sort of old boys cabal which is not the case. He will be fine even if he was laid off or fired there are lots of people out there willing to hire folks.

My Ride
    14' 435i

contractor yes.

This has NO MERIT to it man.

The reason i was moved from encana to UFA (where i headed a large SAP rollout) was because of a misunderstanding between me and a manager because MY manager told me not to do something.

ive already told this story... One manager asked me to do something for him and i was told by MY manager not to do any special builds without talking to him first. SO.. i told the manager who wanted the special build done that i could not do it until i talked to my manager and he got mad. There in turn telling my boss to get rid of me..

I in no way was unprofessional or rude to anyone that worked at encana. I was far from lazy, my tickets were always up to date if not closed within a hour of getting them, my office was the cleanest it had EVER been before, i created new builds REGULARLY! You of all people should know that, i never worked closely with you but its not hard to tell that i am not that kind of person in any way, shape or form.

all you know is a "story"
    Last edited by GOnSHO; 03-11-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Last edited by bbrannan; 03-11-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast