Quantcast
Deerfoot Crackdown - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Deerfoot Crackdown

Default Deerfoot Crackdown

It started this past Sunday...and wow! most people are abiding by the rules...

one of the few times travelling deerfoot where i haven't gotten tailgated, cut off or had some yo swaying to my lane b/c he/she can't control his.her car on the turns at "excessive" speeds! haha

apparently there is zero tolerance for two weeks...just like in July. drive safe and hopefully nobody gets ticketed!

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

yah, i drive deerfoot once in a blue moon and when i do, its hell, bout time they do this, again.

ahhh... that would explain the 2 cops i saw pulled over tonight! id better slow down! i usually go 110

yeah they're ticketing everything over 101km/h, tailgating, no signal lane changes and they're out there 24 hours a day. Mind you it's not such a bad thing, too many people think the Deerfoot is Indy Speedway
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

Originally posted by CRX-R
    yeah they're ticketing everything over 101km/h, tailgating, no signal lane changes and they're out there 24 hours a day. Mind you it's not such a bad thing, too many people think the Deerfoot is Indy Speedway

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Yah get those maniacs travelling 110 at 2am! Think of the children!

Khyron

Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron

good to see another crackdown though......too many crazy peeps on deerfoot

My Ride
    E90 335i

Just saw a thing on A-Channel this morning. What they had was a cop on a bridge with laser tagging guys and radioing ahead to have them pull over. The cop on the bridge was crouching really low, you'd never spot him, plus he was nailing people as they were driving past the bridge not coming up like they normally do.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

Heh, good thing there where no police on the stretch that I drove last night then I stuck the S in cruise at 110 for a good long stretch! Good thing I didn't get a ticket!

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by B17a
    Just saw a thing on A-Channel this morning. What they had was a cop on a bridge with laser tagging guys and radioing ahead to have them pull over. The cop on the bridge was crouching really low, you'd never spot him, plus he was nailing people as they were driving past the bridge not coming up like they normally do.
    That would be the easiest ticket to fight probably, as he is most likely identifying cars by description and not by licence plate...Those kind of tickets usually don't hold water to well..
    This morning I was travelling towards deerfoot on Anderson RD, about 4:30 am , I cross acadia, I think I see something, so I hover my foot over the brake pedal just in case, there is a cop car sitting in the dark on the centre meridian, the cop walks out into the path of my van which is travelling at 75 km/hr.. Real smart cops we have in this city....I jam on the brakes, the car behind me, just about rear ends me, there are cars now honking the horn and skidding, the cops are checking cars for unscraped windshields and side windows for public safety, meanwhile causing mass chaos on Anderson... I tell yah...takes brains....
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Civic . . .

on my way to work yesterday i saw multinova, then like 2kms up a bike cop had a truck pulled over, then like another 2kms up there was another cop with his radar gun out. Last crackdown i didn't see any cops the whole two weeks. Maybe they didn't make enough money last time that they have to do it again!
    never argue with idiots, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

My Ride
    2Look slk

They're everywhere! I saw 2 on Lake Fraser Dr (the road behind Avenida mall) and another one on Canyon Meadows Drive for the last few nights.

It's a good thing I've been taking the C-Train. I probably would've got a ticket on Deerfoot.

My Ride
    firebird

The cop this morning on A Channel said they are targeting drivers doing over 120 (it doesnt mean the wont gaffle ya' under 120). The highest speed they recorded was 149.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

and you usually set your cruise at 160 if i remember correctly

They should ticket people that drive under 100 on Deerfoot.

Drove on deerfoot today and wow, it feels so weird now because EVERYBODY is doing about 100km/h and nobody is in the fast lane, its completely open. Looks like this time around everyone is scared. Its not often you can drive at 100 and have nobody pass you. No cops all along Deerfoot though, so I'm not sure how they are cracking down.
    ---

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Hmm...Looks like I'll have to find another way to work... Didn't know about this crackdown...lets see if I get a photo in the mail soon or not. Man, I was wondering why the fast lane was completely empty.

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Just came home on Deerfoot.... 2 multinovas accross from one another. I'm doing about 100 in the fast lane when a saturn doing 70 km/h cuts in front of me without signaling....... I've had it with F@cking Saturns this week!!!!!

First I get into an accident because the Saturn 2 cars behind me doesn't know how to brake.... now tonight another Saturn can't signal when switching lanes
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Watch out for the Dodge brothers! The police are getting tricky theyve been patrolling deerfoot in a dark purple intrepid and a white durango, both look like civilian vehicles. I also saw the police in a mint early 90s dodge van going after someone...be careful
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast