Quantcast
LF: work? check here. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: LF: work? check here.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Exclamation LF: work? check here.

Hey guys, with all the layoff threads as of late, I thought I'd make a post with all the different employers looking for people to eliminate some of the threads, and to generally provide help.
    Feel free to post any other links in this thread if you know of any.

This is the city of Calgary's job listing board. A lot of the jobs are unionized, which means great pay generally, and other typical union benefits. https://pehcmw1.calgary.ca/psc/pdhr/...IEW_JOBS.GBL?&
    ^ that may not work, so in that case try this link
    http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server....ortunities.htm
    Just click on Job opportunies.

here is a listing for (government based) various career fairs for in and around Calgary
    http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server....reer+Fairs.htm

I saw this on the back of a pick up on my way through a drive-thru fast food place. I dont know the degree to which they're hiring, but its a good place to look
    Pro-Line painting (403) 462-5027 The pay is between $18-25/hr
    They look like they do residential and commercial painting.

There is also www.saskjobs.ca Which is a provicial job listing site for Sask. They have a much more stable economy then does Alberta currently.

Then there are the usual sites such as
    www.monster.ca
    www.calgaryjobshop.ca
    http://www.calgarysun.com/ads/jobs/tmp/pdf/07_21_2.pdf
    ^ Also check out the back of both the Calgary Sun & the Calgary Herald, lots there too.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting...uction-eng.htm
    ^ the RCMP, check out the sub sections too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, talk to these guys to see if they have any openings. (403) 299-4900 Thats the main switchboard for Checker/Co-op/Red-top cabs as well as Ambassador Limousine. They have a warehouse division, a body shop division, a mechanic shop (for the cabs) a radio installation shop, a courier business, and a hot shot type business, and of course a variety of positions within Ambassador Limousine itself... so there are lots of different positions within the company that are available.

Also, contact Canadian Waste services, they're typically hiring, as is Standens LTD. http://www.standens.com/employ.htm
    BFI as well, come to think of it http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Albert...le=101822569ec

That should be good for now, if I think of any other sites I'll update this post.

Like I say, any other relevant sites or sources of info, post up.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-08-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride

Here is an excerpt from a post I made in another job related thread. I'll copy and paste it here so you guys can benefit from it.
    Dont ever (ever) hand out generic resumes, as in with the "Dear Sir or Madam" on it, unless it is infact a career in the fast food industry or dollar store that you'd be interested in . If I was a manager; I'd huck that into the recycling bin pronto.
    Honestly, if a person doesn't know anything about my company, or whos involved in it (staffing wise), or what type of positions that are typically available, chances are they will be last to be considered.
    Call the company, and find out what if any positions are available, and what the HR persons name is. Then tailor each resume for THAT postion and place. Its more time consuming then handing out generic resume's to EVERYBODY, but then again chasing around like a fool handing out your resume (with your personal info on it, that can fall into ANYBODIES hands that works there) isn't very time effective or clever either.
    After you've sent your resume, keep tabs on what day you sent it. If it was me, I'd say in my (custom written) cover letter that I'd be calling you (lets say) March 15th to further go over any questions they'd have.
    Chances are they'll think about it and even come up with some questions to ask you, which is great as it makes them think about you. From there call them up on the day you said you'd call, and speak with them over the phone. To them that tells them your serious, and you WANT to work there.
    If you follow that simple "checklist" (if you will) then I can almost guarentee you'd end up with at least a few interviews.... at absolute least... but thats only considering that your resume and cover letter don't suck. I hope you DO have a cover letter, as that sells you, and what you're capable of.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Last edited by kaput; 04-03-2019 at 07:43 PM.

http://www.jobs.alberta.ca/JobsListi...52Fmm%252Fyyyy

The gov website has quite a few on it

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Don't forget the Canada job bank (http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/).

My Ride

Oh yeah, and for the oilpatch guys www.rigzone.com

My Ride
    Lease

Good thread Graham

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

http://www.mediajobsearchcanada.com/

Good for those looking in TV, radio, print, or internet.

My Ride

I just drove past XS cargo on 32nd ave NE today, and noticed they're hiring all positions apparently. I'm quite sure I saw an ad not too long ago that everybody (short of managerial staff) starts off at $10/hr

My Ride
    old Toyotas

thanks for the thread graham. If I end up getting a job out of these i'll give you $50.

My Ride

Dont worry about the $50, I dont care. Yeah it would be nice but knowing there are numerous people that can keep their cars, houses, as well as their families in tact is worth a FUCK of a lot more then that, which is why I created this thread.

I said in another thread the East side marios in Chinook center is hiring as well.
    I dont drive around Calgary looking for signs and asking around various businesses, but whenever I do spot one I try to mention it here. Hopefully others will do the same.
    -Good luck!

My Ride
    bus

The company i work for is always hiring
    http://www.altalink.ca/careers

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Bell is always hiring...

www.bell.ca/careers

My Ride

Telus usually is too, however call center reps. $20 to start, full benefits starting at day one.

My Ride

The 7-11 (/petro canada) located at the intersection of 24th street and 114th ave (DouglasDale) is hiring for the 2pm-10 shift.
    Dont know what the pay start is, but probably $10-11/hr.

My Ride

Just heard on the radio today Calaway park is hiring for their seasonal staff.
    http://www.calawaypark.com/

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride

^ Jeez I might just check into that. I just got laid off today. Oh the irony.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Jeez I might just check into that. I just got laid off today. Oh the irony.
    For real dude. Thats rough...know what it feels like. Hope you get back on your feet real soon man.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast