Quantcast
Is street racing still happening in Calgary? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is street racing still happening in Calgary?

i went for the last time last summer after coming home with 400$ of tickets at 1am for pulling out of the parking lot slowly after saying hi to a few friends. got pulled over along with TONS of other guys for doing nothing!!
    it was fun to go say hi and trade parts, but its like wearing a stake around your neck in a lions den.
    its good the cops hang around there to prevent stupid kids from racing, but hand out tickets to the guilty ones!!!! put some police work into you"policing" why dont ya!!!
    ^these opinions are not unlike my lower intestine... stinky, and loaded with danger!

My Ride
    Blue boy

Any one remember that accident there a couple years ago where a drunk guy driving a Festiva crashed into a Sunfire whom the driver snuck out of her house lol.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by n1zm0

qft

the last time i went (probably 5-6 years ago) a GNX or something that looked like that, did a burnout and the engine caught on fire, 50 kids ran over to the engine bay while it was in flames , me and a friend did the exact opposite
    Did one of yous yell out

NOS!!!!!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Originally posted by LUDELVR

Did one of yous yell out

NOS!!!!!!!
    I laughed at both quotes hahaha

My Ride
    1982 Chevette

Lol road king is just a place to hang out now after secret street finishes for the night. Though if race city shuts down next year I'm pretty sure things will be different for some people. Others will just start working on new projects for when the city hits there "Oh Shit!" button and reopens race city.

My Ride
    RNN14 lol.

Tims is gay now...
    About 3-5 years ago when it was at the old location shit used to be okay...
    Now all the new people with their lime green civics and underglow and falling apart JDMs have ruined it with their "burnouts" in the parking lot and racing through...
    bad music bottoming out their 6x9's, heading to one place to talk again for another hour until they get busted while ironically not racing at all...
    fucking new people.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Bizzareo
    when the city hits there "Oh Shit!" button and reopens race city.
    Never gonna happen. People are gonna have to get over the demise of Race City and the supposed influx of street racing, because that isn't going to happen either.

People will race on the street regardless of there being a track present.

the amount of people that will race on the street becasue of the track closing will be small, people who will street race are doing so now, people who don't won't then a small amount will start but it will not be a huge amount.

Its 2016. Race city is closed. Not going to re-open. There's a planned race track but its probably not going to get funding. Now everyone meets on Friday nights at the 61st and Barlow tim hortons. The parking lot completely fills up. Sure you get civics and shit. But there's lots of modded trucks. Lots of muscle cars, classic and new. And there's a few sports cars. Last Friday we had 3 dodge vipers a few corvettes and a Honda NSX. Nobody seems to street race, but the cops only come around once a night anymore. Lots of rev battles and burnouts, but no racing anymore

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I'll race a friend who has a comparable car on the odd occasion. We would typically plan a cruise and do a couple pulls when it's safe. "Street Racing" and racing meets are for teenagers with 300hp rice boxes .

Originally posted by isHyundaiCoolYet
    Its 2016. Race city is closed. Not going to re-open. There's a planned race track but its probably not going to get funding. Now everyone meets on Friday nights at the 61st and Barlow tim hortons. The parking lot completely fills up. Sure you get civics and shit. But there's lots of modded trucks. Lots of muscle cars, classic and new. And there's a few sports cars. Last Friday we had 3 dodge vipers a few corvettes and a Honda NSX. Nobody seems to street race, but the cops only come around once a night anymore. Lots of rev battles and burnouts, but no racing anymore

Hey, like your first post has got to be one of the best bumps I've ever seen on any forum - almost 7 years and about something that's been discussed ad nauseam in many other threads in these forums.

You, sir, are the best.

Originally posted by speedog

Hey, like your first post has got to be one of the best bumps I've ever seen on any forum - almost 7 years and about something that's been discussed ad nauseam in many other threads in these forums.

You, sir, are the best.
    I'm doing it for the future, when the internet archivists just wanna know "BUT WAS THERE STREET RACING IN CALGARY FROM THE LATE 2000's AND ONWARDS?!" plus, I figured nobody would read this so why not

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

So Race City is closed, and no carnage has happened on city streets? Sounds like all the whining and complaining about keeping it open as a public safety issue and a good use of taxpayer money was total bullshit. Not surprised.

My Ride
    Miss Daisy

Originally posted by speedog

You, sir, are the best.
    Seems like you're being sarcastic. That was a sick bump in my opinion.

www.industrialelements.ca

=====> Facebook - Like our page for promos, inventory, and shipment updates

=====> Instagram

Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    So Race City is closed, and no carnage has happened on city streets? Sounds like all the whining and complaining about keeping it open as a public safety issue and a good use of taxpayer money was total bullshit. Not surprised.

Honestly the only reason I wish race city was still here so I had an easy and legal way to find 1/4 mile times. I live near an exactly 1/4 mile section of road outside the city but its not quite flat

Originally posted by isHyundaiCoolYet

Honestly the only reason I wish race city was still here so I had an easy and legal way to find 1/4 mile times. I live near an exactly 1/4 mile section of road outside the city but its not quite flat
    I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2