Quantcast
Uninsured Driver Collision - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Uninsured Driver Collision

Default Uninsured Driver Collision

So I'm sure everybody here hates uninsured drivers, but what would you do if you were in my situation and were rear-ended by an uninsured driver?

I have all of his personal info, plus a lot more that I scrounged up. At the moment I have only spoken with my insurance company representative, and he is having little luck contacting the guy. I think maybe the police report has false information on it (guys phone number/address). I have 2 phone numbers for said fellow, and neither seem to evoke a return call.

I detest people who are this irresponsible. As I said above, what would you do?

Do you carry collision? Are you injured?
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

throw my hat at him

Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

If you have collision coverage you will be good to go. Your Insurer has a responsibility to investigate the claim to the fullest, and they will subrogate against said party. It is going to be a pain in the ass for your adjuster, or if the company has a subrogation department, it will be a thorn in their side, but that is why you pay your premium... so you don't need to worry about this BS.

That is good to hear, I was almost ready to begin preparation for a stake-out.

So you carry collision then????
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

Originally posted by chkolny541
    throw my hat at him

Sir you just made my day!

My Ride
    Too Much HP / Too Little HP

^x2

Did you get their driver's license no.? If I ran across an uninsured driver and saw that there was a possibility where he'd be difficult to locate after, I'd try to get as much info about him as possible. I'd ask him to call a relative and get that number or even a place where he worked. You may not be able to obtain his SIN number directly from him but if you know where he works, they'll have to have it which you could get a lawyre or law enforcement to extract. The more information you can provide your insurance company, the easier it'll be for them to make sure the person pays up.

My Ride
    See sig

There is also a fund in AB for helping victims of uninsured drivers. That fund may be limited to medical treatment only though...

Anyway, you've given the info to your ins. co, it's now their responsibility to fix you up and go after him after the fact for the costs. He's going to have HUGE fines to deal with for not being insured ($50,000?) and is likely going to avoid you, and this entire situation at all cost. Just put the pressure on your ins. co to fix your shit asap. Inform your insurance ombudsman of the situation if it's been more than 7 days.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

Well, I am going to get everything fixed on my car that was damaged. The insurance guy sent an appraiser to look at it, and he missed/neglected to mention some items (bumper shocks)

Anyway, the claims adjuster told me to go get it fixed and that they would pay the remainder AFTER the $500 deductible. I have collision on this car, and to add to the fact that it was an uninsured driver, I call BS.

It has to be covered under collision, otherwise they would be selling separate "uninsured driver coverage" in an area where not having auto insurance is illegal!

I am not pleased with the driver, and especially not with the insurance right now. No claims in my driving history and this is how I am treated!

Ombudsman you say...

Originally posted by Cock Knuckle
    Well, I am going to get everything fixed on my car that was damaged. The insurance guy sent an appraiser to look at it, and he missed/neglected to mention some items (bumper shocks)

Anyway, the claims adjuster told me to go get it fixed and that they would pay the remainder AFTER the $500 deductible. I have collision on this car, and to add to the fact that it was an uninsured driver, I call BS.

It has to be covered under collision, otherwise they would be selling separate "uninsured driver coverage" in an area where not having auto insurance is illegal!

I am not pleased with the driver, and especially not with the insurance right now. No claims in my driving history and this is how I am treated!

Ombudsman you say...
    Yes your damages will be covered after your deductible, what is so bad about that? Be thankful you carry the collision. As for the uninsured motorist coverage it only applies to bodily injury amounts and has nothing to do with your property damage.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

If the driver was uninsured you should have called the cops right away.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Your damage is covered, what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

double post. sorry.

Yeah I would just call the cops right away and make him stay there until they arrived.

Also get his info directly off his license so he can't give you all bullshit.

I'd call the cops when it happened and hold him there if need be, until they arrived.

Sorry but I agree with the OP, it is rediculous that he has to pay the deductible.

The INS company I work for - so long as you can provide:
    a) The Police Report #
    b) Third party name, valid phone number, address and ALL vehicle info yr/make/model/plate/color/vin, etc.

Your deductible will be waived.... I mean it's not the OP's fault, and if we have all info it is the Insurers job to recover from the TP.

I do understand where other companies are coming from not wanting to incur that cost, as likely they will be unable to recover it, but in my opinion it is an ass move for a multi billion dollar company to shaft the OP for $500 when they have enough info to subrogate

Please note, I am a property adjuster and not an auto adjuster. I asked an auto adjuster for this information, so if they are lying to me, than I could be incorrect here.

I'm curious, what would happen if you hit an uninsured motorist and it was your fault? Would the fact that he shouldn't be on the road in the first place negate the fact that it was your fault?

Negative, still liable unfortunately. Although, that will not save him from the plethora of fines he will incur.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast