Quantcast
History of FOB vs FK - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: History of FOB vs FK

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Default History of FOB vs FK

Anyone read this article in the Herald? It gives a brief history of wtf is going on with the gang shit in Calgary these days.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ev...271/story.html

Pretty messed up... and so much has happened I'm sure a lot of us know or have been affected by at least one of the incidents they talk about.

I know someone involved in the Adam Miu incident in 2002, and it's a really unfortunate situation.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Good read

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

The murder of Jason Dang on New Years Day 2004 occurred a block from my former apartment in Greenview, and it had just occurred as emergency responders had just got to the scene as we passed by on our way home from the night's festivities.

The fact the whole thing erupted at the Denny's restaurant on McKnight that I frequented on many occassions during the early morning hours in those days was truly just too close for comfort.

Great read though.

Is the Calgary Herald down for anyone else?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Originally posted by Amysicle
    Is the Calgary Herald down for anyone else?

yeah me too

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by masoncgy
    The murder of Jason Dang on New Years Day 2004 occurred a block from my former apartment in Greenview, and it had just occurred as emergency responders had just got to the scene as we passed by on our way home from the night's festivities.

The fact the whole thing erupted at the Denny's restaurant on McKnight that I frequented on many occassions during the early morning hours in those days was truly just too close for comfort.

Great read though.
    one murder occurred on my street... I used to play street hockey with the guy when we were kids...

My Ride
    S14|TB1

This stuff went as far back as when I was in gr 10, 1999. Before all this you could meet some at a house party or the mall and everything was all good, they were normal kids like anyone else. it's sad and very shocking about how extreme it has become, when innocent ppl have to keep this in the back of their mind doing errands.

Pheng came to Canada with his parents and two older siblings when he was three years old.
    Sounds like most of these guys may have not been born here, but they all grew up here.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by gatorade

Sounds like most of these guys may have not been born here, but they all grew up here.

You quote 1 name from the article and arrive at the conclusion most of them are not born here?

You missed this line then:

FOB and FK have long since grown into multicultural gangs with many Canadian-born members and many whose parents aren't immigrants.

Thats the only name that was listed in the article, I've read other articles on the some of the other guys and most have talked about them growing up in Calgary, I'm just saying that because I always read people saying deport them
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

What a pathetic story on these wannabe shitheads.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Damn, down for me too, bookmarked it though, thanks for the posting.
    Autosignature

My Ride

Originally posted by 3g4u

This sounds like it was written by someone who sympathizes with the parties involved. First off it is much more than a high school dispute between a few students. They have links to the UN in Vancouver and to the Native gangs in Edmonton. I know it sells papers but the media seems to be glorifying the situation. If the media really wanted to help, they should post the names of the families of those involved. Shame the families into disassociating themselves with their kids. Do you think a parent would be so quick to defend their kid, if their own name was getting dragged in the mud where their coworkers and friends could see?

Funny thing is these guys are so small time and insignificant overall in Alberta’s drug trade. The police don’t seem to get that going after the guys creating the violence will never solve anything because for everyone jailed/killed another steps up to replace him. If they stopped chasing the violence, and instead followed the money, they would see a lot of guys have been getting ridiculously rich flying under the radar in these past few years. Going after them, they actually may be able to significantly make an impact, besides holding a police conference once a month to show the two handguns and three pounds of marijuana their most recent $4 million dollar investigation recovered.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Yeah, I don't like how the article gives this whole situation legs.

I don't respect anyone who isn't earning an honest living. Guns and machetes or not.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Alot of words , but the guy has no idea what the hell he is talking about..
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Model S

Huu Pham, a 15-year-old from Calgary, was in a fourth-floor Edmonton apartment when a police tactical team burst through the door on Sept. 24, 1999.

Pham and another man fled to the balcony and climbed over the railing. Both died of head injuries when they fell to the pavement below.
    Hopefully Darwin gets his way with more of them

Further clouding the picture are the ties FOB and FK have with other gangs:FOB has connections to the Crazy Dragons in Edmonton, while FK has aligned itself with the Redd Alert aboriginal gang in that city.
    Native gang called "Redd Alert"? Seriously? Oh god

Native gang out east also called IP. Indian posse or some shit.

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

Originally posted by 3g4u
    These guys are a bunch of tools. ANYONE with half a brain can make a decent life for themselves in Calgary, they obviously just don't fall into that category.

There is no excuse for this shit.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by googe

Native gang called "Redd Alert"? Seriously? Oh god
    You just can't make this shit up....

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by 5hift

This sounds like it was written by someone who sympathizes with the parties involved. First off it is much more than a high school dispute between a few students. They have links to the UN in Vancouver and to the Native gangs in Edmonton. I know it sells papers but the media seems to be glorifying the situation. If the media really wanted to help, they should post the names of the families of those involved. Shame the families into disassociating themselves with their kids. Do you think a parent would be so quick to defend their kid, if their own name was getting dragged in the mud where their coworkers and friends could see?

Funny thing is these guys are so small time and insignificant overall in Alberta’s drug trade. The police don’t seem to get that going after the guys creating the violence will never solve anything because for everyone jailed/killed another steps up to replace him. If they stopped chasing the violence, and instead followed the money, they would see a lot of guys have been getting ridiculously rich flying under the radar in these past few years. Going after them, they actually may be able to significantly make an impact, besides holding a police conference once a month to show the two handguns and three pounds of marijuana their most recent $4 million dollar investigation recovered.
    Very well said.
    I don't see how writing about the history of these 2 gangs helps the situation any further, besides glorifying it. Like said, articles like these should expose a list of the parties involved and give useful knowledge to the general public and the families it impacts. I don't really wanna read a story about a group of asian high school kids and immigrants growing up to live a life gang violence and profiting off of drug trafficking. It's people like them that make honest people like me look bad. I can't drive around in my neighborhood without at least 1 or 2 people looking at me the wrong way.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast