Quantcast
Driver License Renewal - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Driver License Renewal

Default Driver License

Anyone know how much it is to renew a driver license? I gotta go do it tomorrow but want a idea ahead of time.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

Should be around $20, check out the pricing on this registry's website, should be very similar everywhere.

http://shawnessyregistry.ca/pricing/index.php

My Ride
    08 X5

Standard 5 year renewal is around ~$70

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

According to the site posted, $64.45, but remember the service fee at each registry is different, my local is $68. Sucks because mine is due in 8 months Its not like your registration where you can "renew" it and update your address for free. I just had to update the address and now in 8 months I get to shell out again. Yay government, stole an extra $25 from me.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Shouldnt be. $64.45 is the government set rate. It cannot be higher and it cannot be lower.

For all motor vehicle services, the gov sets the amount. So if you go somewhere that is 68, I would call the gov as they are not allowed to charge that.

My Ride
    G05

Originally posted by Zero102
    According to the site posted, $64.45, but remember the service fee at each registry is different, my local is $68. Sucks because mine is due in 8 months Its not like your registration where you can "renew" it and update your address for free. I just had to update the address and now in 8 months I get to shell out again. Yay government, stole an extra $25 from me.
    That's not true. I renewed mine along with a address change as I was in the same scenario last year. I am sure ended up paying the renewal fee and it extended my expiry date by 5 yrs along with the address change. Make sure you ask them to do that as the registry doesn't like to think about ahead of time.... smart people.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

They should have a mandatory written and driving test every 5 years if you want to renew. It would keep all the morons off the road.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by 89coupe
    They should have a mandatory written and driving test every 5 years if you want to renew. It would keep all the morons off the road.
    Written - no point. Driving test - that makes sense. But it would be pretty inconvenient to have to do a driving test every 5 years. Maybe just after a certain age?

Originally posted by s2k_boi

That's not true. I renewed mine along with a address change as I was in the same scenario last year. I am sure ended up paying the renewal fee and it extended my expiry date by 5 yrs along with the address change. Make sure you ask them to do that as the registry doesn't like to think about ahead of time.... smart people.
    ^ This is true. Most offices will ask if you want to renew if you are within one year of your renewal date. You can renew your drivers licence at any time, however it will not extend past a 5 year validity.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Kloubek

Written - no point. Driving test - that makes sense. But it would be pretty inconvenient to have to do a driving test every 5 years. Maybe just after a certain age?
    Of course there is a point to a written, if you can't read or write, I don't think you should be driving.