Quantcast
A warning to those living in the Beddington area - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A warning to those living in the Beddington area

My Ride
    1992 Pathfinder, 1990 VG30DETT

Originally posted by Eleanor
    You just gave some guy who you had never seen before in your life cash?

You almost deserve to lose that money.
    +1

My Ride
    old Toyotas

Holy I would never give anyone that much money but I've fallen for a similar thing at Brentwood.

I had just walked out of the bank when some women in her 40's i think approached me and said she had forgotten her bus fair, I don't know why but I gave her a twoony. Then I got a little suspicious so I sorta followed her in my car and she went into the gas station and then just sorta disappeared.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

^you followed someone for $2, thats pathetic.

My Ride
    //M

ouch, lesson learned
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My mom actually fell for this "scam" one time and was pretty suspicious but helped out in case it was for real as it was christmas and cold out. We all thought she was scammed but eventually he came back to repay the money like 8 months later. Surprised the fuck out of all of us when he showed up.

ummm 10PM is kinda late

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by Crymson
    Super common scam. they've moved out of the "near downtown" areas because no one in mt.royal, kensington, or marda loop will fall for it anymore.
    used to be quite common in our neighborhood. Not so much lately...

My Ride
    CBR 929

Yep. I wouldn't of given them the money or let them in my house, especially that late at night.

There always use to be a guy who needed just two more bucks to buy his bus ticket to banff for whatever outside the NE Keg and another guy downtown who needed money for a bus ticket to get back to California-we actually ran into him more than once and he never changed his story.

Interesting that they have moved into the 'burbs.

[url]

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I remember a guy rode his bike up to me asking for gas money with some sob story about his car breaking down. I started grilling him on the make and model of the car and the license plate, to which he was unable to respond. He started swearing at me and left when I laughed.

I always assume the worst about people.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Huh, yeah... why so late at 10 PM? I would not open the door, there's alway another day at more respectable hours. Even if it's cold outside in winter - they know better to not disturb resdeints at such late hours!

And the money given to a stranger? Not me, I don't do that ever. Last time in high school years ago, one guy come up to me to ask if can borrow $10. Said will pay back in couple days. I give to him that. Well, time had come and guess what? He denied about the $10 loan, never paid me back!

Thus, is when I made a rule myself - ALL "friends" must pass my test before I give money. Out of 100-200 friends over 25 years since. Only 3-4 friends successed passed my test.

That's how tough my test is! In fact, one friend asked me why I won't loan him money. He had been a friend for over 10 years and he still fail my test! My test is unlimited in time as it can last for years.

I told that friend," You'll know when I tell you when you pass my test."

A scam is a scam, anyone who does that is the lowest scum, right down in same group with Obsama lin Biden and the devil.

^^LOL

so what exactly is your test?

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 11:39 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    FA1

Originally posted by 71car
    Huh, yeah... why so late at 10 PM? I would not open the door, there's alway another day at more respectable hours. Even if it's cold outside in winter - they know better to not disturb resdeints at such late hours!

And the money given to a stranger? Not me, I don't do that ever. Last time in high school years ago, one guy come up to me to ask if can borrow $10. Said will pay back in couple days. I give to him that. Well, time had come and guess what? He denied about the $10 loan, never paid me back!

Thus, is when I made a rule myself - ALL "friends" must pass my test before I give money. Out of 100-200 friends over 25 years since. Only 3-4 friends successed passed my test.

That's how tough my test is! In fact, one friend asked me why I won't loan him money. He had been a friend for over 10 years and he still fail my test! My test is unlimited in time as it can last for years.

A scam is a scam, anyone who does that is the lowest scum, right down in same group with Obsama lin Bidenand the devil.
    lol must be a very, very, very difficult test.

A scam is a scam, anyone who does that is the lowest scum, right down in same group with Obsama lin Biden and the devil.
    hahah what is your test? sounds awfully thorough

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

Felatio

My Ride
    Taco

^^^Haha

"During pre-biblical times, a farmer might force a thief to perform felatio to him had he found said thief trying to steal goods from him. " - Greek?

Not even the burbs are safe in Calgary anymore

I was working late downtown once and wet out to get something to eat and some guy hit me up for money supposedly for food for his girlfriend or some such. I told him I was going for food anyway and I'll get him some too. I bought 2 slices of pizza, one for his girlfriend and one for me. When I came back he was gone of course and I had to eat both slices of pizza myself.

But you can't accuse me of being heartless. At least I tried.

i've heard of this scam a few times now and this happened to my girlfriend's house twice and another female friend of mine's house. the thing i am curious about is why they always ask to use the phone inside your house after, because it seems to be the case everytime.

is it so they can call their buddy so that they have your house phone number, and then the can call it to scope the place out to see if you are home to rob it? and i am guessing by getting inside your house to use the phone they can get a glimpse of any valuables?
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    is Invisible

How did he call the locksmith if he was locked outside and then later on asked to use your phone?

Originally posted by turbotrip

hahah what is your test? sounds awfully thorough

In a way, it's simple but is also through. It deals with one's mortals, ethics, character, dialogue and etc. Not that difficult and judgement NEVER have a place in that test - I don't believe in passing that. There, that's as simple as it is.

Works for me well and saved me headaches. IMO, money have no place with friendships or otherwise we're all "golddiggers"!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast