Quantcast
The ongoing EP3 saga..... warning, lots of pics. *2016 bump* - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: The ongoing EP3 saga..... warning, lots of pics. *2016 bump*

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

iconic
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Now that I didn’t have to drive the car to work every day I figured it was a decent time to throw a roll cage in the car, add 4 point harnesses and rip out the steering wheel airbag.

Autopower 4 point, race version. Contemplated going with the 6 point for a long time but figured the door bars were going to be a huge pain in the ass (good call after seeing how much a pain in the ass the 4 point was to install). Off to Calgary Powder Coating for a coat of fresh white, came back looking great.

Also ordered up some custom white Willans harnesses, had heard rumours that you could custom order any color you wanted so I called them up in the UK, asked if they could do white and they agreed to do them. They took literally forever (several month) but they finally arrived. Also got a Vertex steering wheel, extra deep.

Interior out, cage in, interior back in, measure, interior back out, cage back out, cut/trim, cage back in, interior back in….. repeat 3 or 4 times. Worst install ever having to crawl around in the hatch with the interior half in. But in the end it looked great.

And done.

Out of nowhere J’s Racing dropped widebody front fenders for the EP3 so I immediately ordered them up without much thought as to having to deal with paint or wider wheels/tires sizes. Also figured might as well get some J’s carbon fiber canards at the same time, ‘to save on shipping’ haha. Canards showed up relatively quickly so I slapped them on. Fenders took forever…. Didn’t get them for several months. And sold the RE-30’s so back to the CE’s until I could decide WTF I was going to do for new wheels.

Nearing the end of 2010 I had some new plans (ie: fenders) so I started hoarding more parts plus a couple overnight shipments from Japan (not really).

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Slacker.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    iconic
    Naw

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I wish my Civic was as cool as yours!!
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    I wish my Civic was as cool as yours!!
    Shit man! Yours is way cooler than mine.

Just wait till my updates hit a wall in 2011/2012 and all I have is "pulled out of storage, drove the car 5 times, put the car back in storage" haha.

EK2.0 build thread!

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 88CRX

Shit man! Yours is way cooler than mine.

Dunno homie...I have a couple of cool parts...but YOUR car got my name into Honda Tuning shoutouts hahaha...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Great build!
    I'm not much of a honda fanboy, but I do like most R versions. Especially a nicely built hatch.

Keep the updates coming!

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

So with 2010 coming to a close I wanted new wheels, ‘needed’ new wheels for the widebody fenders so I searched all the usual Honda forums daily for something wider and preferably staggered. Now keep in mind there are very few people modifying this generation Civic so there is almost no information available for what widths/offsets fit and I have newly released wide body fenders coming that nobody has installed and J’s can’t even make up their minds as to how wide they are… first they’re 15mm wider, then 25mm so who knows how screwed I’m going to be hah. Fenders finally showed up, cracked… shit. Got some quote from bodyshops and everyone wanted to blend half the car so I decided the fender aren’t going on.

Anyways I stumbled upon a set of Volk SE-37k’s for sale in California with lots of curb marks and bad discoloring due to JDM brake dust (like every set of used wheels that come out of Japan) in 17x8.5+30 and 17x7.5+30. Boom, done. Around the same time there were a couple guys in Seattle building crazy EP3 and they’ve ordered up 17x8.5+30 front and rear so I figured I’d be ok ish.

At the same time the front ride height bothered the shit out of me, I wanted it another 1” lower to even out with the back. The Tein coilovers that were on the car were several years old, couldn’t go any lower and had been through a couple winters so they were all seized up and rusty so I figured it was time for something new. Again speaking with the guys out of Seattle they both had ordered up Buddy Club Race Spec coilovers but has trouble getting the fronts low enough so they went a step further and ordered up custom length springs from Swift. Figured what the hell. Did a similar setup to them so I could slam the car. At the same time the suspension hadn’t been taken apart in several years (plus winter driving) so there was some rusty ass bolts, ordered up all new hardware for the entire suspension setup and anti-seized everything before it went back together. Suspension installed, and dumped it all the way down, finally.

Wheels finally showed up so I did a test fit….. fuck. Looks like I need fenders but figured I’d get the suspension dialed in and then decide if the fenders were needed or not.

Test fit #1 not looking good.

Test fit #2 with tires still not looking great.

All the while this was going on I decided I wanted to do the wheels in a crazy color, bright fucking orange, so the red seats obviously didn’t work so they were sold over winter and I stumbled on a deal for new Status carbon/Kevlar Ring GT seats in black. Yes please. Probably dropped 40lbs a seat (gained it all back with the cage haha) but I was happy. Wasn’t sure how the non reclinable, 1 piece buckets were going to work out in the comfort department but what hell!

Decided to go with slightly smaller tires, north American EP3 tire size is 215/45/17 however the CTR’s in Japan had 215/40/17 so I decided to go with the 40 profile to hopefully buy a little extra fender clearance. Slapped the tires on test fitted again, still fucked. Wasn’t really sure how much camber I could get out of the new coilover setup which had camber plates; but maxed it out (think it ended around -2.5) lowered the car, fingers crossed and it fit perfect. Thank god. At this point I swore off having to deal with new tire/wheel setups haha. What a pain in the ass. Some people probably don’t understand but when you want everything to turn out perfect your OCD kicks in and when you don’t know if it’s going to work it’s not fun anymore. Luckily it worked out.

Ride height set just perfect.

Slapped the Volks on and hit up the 403Honda/Beyond Chinook meet (RIP) with an ear to ear grin. Hello to resident realestate agent Jordans new (at the time) lambo with the photobomb.

And then it was done... added the orange banner for extra rice/hardpark points. Love this picture with the wheel color peeking out.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

And some more pics.... from Riced as usual

My Ride
    M3P

Ryan, I miss mine, let me drive this lol

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by hurrdurr
    Ryan, I miss mine, let me drive this lol
    Funny story, I believe there is only 1 person (besides me) that has ever driven this car. Gpomp drove it one time while I romped and shit my pants in his turbo Civic

My Ride
    2016 BMW X5D, 2017 Acura RDX

Funny story, I believe there is only 1 person (besides me) that has ever driven this car. Gpomp drove it one time while I romped and shit my pants in his turbo Civic
    Runnin red lights eh bud
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by INITIALD

Runnin red lights eh bud
    Um yea....

My Ride
    M3P

Is that a hint that you want to drive my C63? lol

My Ride
    DC2

Why are you lying to people about seized teins. Still on a car not blown in 2016!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4