Quantcast
Recommend a less intense pain killer... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a less intense pain killer...

My Ride
    93 integra

Default Recommend a less intense pain killer...

Well I'm allergic to most anti-inflammatories and this means I'm left with opioids as means to take car of the very and I mean VERY intense pain in my ankle.

Now at the moment I'm on oxycocets and they make me feel nauseous most the time. I only take one or 2 a day and this only every couple days...

I talked to my doctor about maybe taking something THC derived like Marinol but he didn't know anything about it.

Now I'm sick of taking these pills but am also sick of the pain.

I'm getting a cortisone injection directly in the joint in my ankle in about 2 weeks which hopefully will take care of the pain...

in the eventuality that this does not cease the pain in my foot is there some other pain killer out there that has less risk of addiction and is more on the natural or not as extreme side as Oxy's???
    Last edited by ekguy; 03-18-2009 at 01:39 AM.

My Ride
    93 integra

Also as a side note this is not something I like to take. The pain in my foot is almost unbearable and I would like to know what's out there that is maybe less intense than my current meds since they make me sick...I was thinking t4's but im sure they are almost as bad as the oxy's...

hmm
    Last edited by R154; 03-18-2009 at 01:59 AM.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

If the pains really bad just go the normal route with t4's, they just have alot of codene in them. I took these when I cracked my ankle and the feeling of codene is pretty much a deep state of relaxation. I would describe the feeling of my ankle on them as tingly. I even accedently owned my foot on my door frame limping and the pain felt like slight sting, any if I wasnt on t4s it would have felt excruciating.

Percocet maybe ?
    My father just had foot surgery done and was in an extreme amount of pain until he started taking these.
    my buddy was also given them after he was stabbed.

My Ride
    '16 Sportwagen

Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
    Percocet maybe ?
    My father just had foot surgery done and was in an extreme amount of pain until he started taking these.
    my buddy was also given them after he was stabbed.
    Had that stuff too after my surgery. Made me happy for about 15 minutes then I would wake up 4 hours later in the biggest pool of drool I have ever seen. Did the trick though.

My Ride
    93 integra

oxycocet are pretty much identical to percocets. I don't like them. I might ask for t4's. I don't like pills that make my stomach turn even if I take them with food...

Does anyone know anything about marinol and it's canadian version???

My Ride
    WRX STI

I dont know much about pain killers, but i just had plastic hand surgery and i tried T3's and peracets and they dident do anything for the pain. I then tryed a Motren (sp?) and it worked wonders. The pain was pretty much gone completly. Im not sure if your allergic to them, if not give them a try.

My Ride

If your willing to take something THC derived and your stomach gets upset easily, why dont you just smoke weed with the percs? It will solve both problems.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by 5hift
    If your willing to take something THC derived and your stomach gets upset easily, why dont you just smoke weed with the percs? It will solve both problems.
    I like this idea lol

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by ekguy
    oxycocet are pretty much identical to percocets. I don't like them. I might ask for t4's. I don't like pills that make my stomach turn even if I take them with food...

Does anyone know anything about marinol and it's canadian version???
    I can't believe you don't like Percocets, have you tried them? You say oxyocet is pretty much the same, but have you actually tried percocet?

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by 5hift
    I have been and am as I sit here. But the problem with that is that I can't go to work stoned. Days I don't work it's fine with usually just pot. But when I work I have to take the pills without weed.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by 89coupe

I can't believe you don't like Percocets, have you tried them? You say oxyocet is pretty much the same, but have you actually tried percocet?
    Oxycocet is identical to percocet as per my doctor. So no I don't like em. I like the fact that it kills my pain but it also kills my stomach. I've also tried Tramacet which is tramadol and acetaminophen and those were even worse.

It sucks that I can't take anti-inflammatories because those would probably help me much more.

Has anyone on here ever been prescribed Marinol substitutes???

My Ride

Originally posted by teggypimp95

I like this idea lol

Originally posted by 89coupe

They are not the same

I have been and am as I sit here. But the problem with that is that I can't go to work stoned. Days I don't work it's fine with usually just pot. But when I work I have to take the pills without weed.
    I'm surprised your on pain killers this strong and still going to work. Unless you really want to go, you could probably very easily take time off. I'm pretty sure your pills say no driving as it is.

Oxycocet is identical to percocet as per my doctor. So no I don't like em. I like the fact that it kills my pain but it also kills my stomach. I've also tried Tramacet which is tramadol and acetaminophen and those were even worse.

It sucks that I can't take anti-inflammatories because those would probably help me much more.

Has anyone on here ever been prescribed Marinol substitutes???
    I would go to a new doctor. Oxycocet is made up of oxycodone and acetaminophen. Percocet is made of oxycodone, acetaminophen and paracetamol.

Paracetamol is a anti-inflammatory analgesic, but it is different from almost all of them. It's used in almost every cold/flu medicine so you've probably taken it and not known.

Why are you looking for marinol substitutes instead of marinol? Both them and Marinol will make you more drousy and sleepy than weed ever will. You get tired and hungry but no high. Imagine the burning out feeling you have after a huge sesh.

Marinol though, is a very body orientated high. I can see how it would useful for pain medication, becasue it gives that muscle loosening effect, kinda like valium. Marinol is usually used as an appitite booster though because you'd have to take a lot to benefit from its analgesic properties.

Are you doing your own research or are these suggestions from your doctor?

Dramamine (benedryl) helps opiate-induced nausea pretty well.

T4s would probably make you just as sick as the oxycet.

I don't think anything THC-based would be good for severe pain. They are meant for chronic low level pain.

My Ride
    93 integra

I am very impressed with the level of answers I got on here. I may try percocet instead. I'm hoping my cortisone injection is gonna fix it.

If it doesn't fix it then I have to see a neurologist to see if I have nerve damage in my ankle. when I touch the area of my surgery it feels like thousands of needles stabbing my skin so my doctor thinks I may have nerve damage or the hardware left in my ankle may be causing a reaction...

It's been a nice long mess. Will be 3 surgeries if I get another.

I have no idea if nerve damage can be fixed even...

Anyone ever have a cortisone injection???

And the anti-inflammatory I react to is mostly Ibuprofen

My Ride
    93 integra

And on a side note isn't Marinol only available in the states whereas we get Cesamet isn't it?

My Ride
    Saab 9.3 Aero

If you are suggesting you have nerver/neuropathic damage, then take a look at some gabapentin. What sorta reaction do you get from anti-inflammatory drugs??Is it a stomach ache or do you get hives and the like? If you just get stomach aches then you have to just suck it up. Have you tried just tylenol, you can take up to 4 grams a day...

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Anyone ever have a cortisone injection???
    I had one in my hand last year at the rockyview, fuck did it ever hurt.

It didn't do anything for my pain.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by gstone
    If you are suggesting you have nerver/neuropathic damage, then take a look at some gabapentin. What sorta reaction do you get from anti-inflammatory drugs??Is it a stomach ache or do you get hives and the like? If you just get stomach aches then you have to just suck it up. Have you tried just tylenol, you can take up to 4 grams a day...
    My wind pipe swells up and i lose the ability to breath. My face swells up and every reaction has been exponentially worse than the last...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast