Quantcast
Recommend a less intense pain killer... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommend a less intense pain killer...

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by legendboy

I had one in my hand last year at the rockyview, fuck did it ever hurt.

It didn't do anything for my pain.
    Well then i should have a lovely day when they stick a needle with that shit directly into my ankle. It's going to be so awesome I can tell already...

My Ride
    STI

Cesamet is really only perscribed as an antiemetic ( for nausea and vomiting.

Is it that opioids irritate your stomach or the acetaminophen? If you could narrow it down that would help. Acetaminophen is very hard on your liver. And opioids bung you up. Have you tried and isolated narcotic like morphine or fentanyl... something along those lines? Or maybe your bowels hurt because of constipation and all you really need is a high fiber diet and or a stool softener?

Advil and motrin are non steroidal anti inflamitories (NSAIDs), most of the time people react to them due to they way that they are prepared.... most of the time its the gel caps. The old school non gels are usually ok. But then again this is your allergy and not mine so you would know best.

As said above gabapentin might be worth a try if it truly is nerve pain.

Amitriptyline would also be worth a try.....

If you don't mind me asking what happend to your foot?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by ekguy
    Well then I should have a lovely day when they stick a needle with that shit directly into my ankle. It's going to be so awesome I can tell already...
    Yea they stuck the needle directly into a cyst I have on a tendon and injected it.

It felt ok for about 10 seconds after and then really severe throbbing pain.

I was wriggling around on a table moaning, all these people were watching me haha

It only lasted for about 5 mins
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
    Cesamet is really only perscribed as an antiemetic ( for nausea and vomiting.

Is it that opioids irritate your stomach or the acetaminophen? If you could narrow it down that would help. Acetaminophen is very hard on your liver. And opioids bung you up. Have you tried and isolated narcotic like morphine or fentanyl... something along those lines? Or maybe your bowels hurt because of constipation and all you really need is a high fiber diet and or a stool softener?

Advil and motrin are non steroidal anti inflamitories (NSAIDs), most of the time people react to them due to they way that they are prepared.... most of the time its the gel caps. The old school non gels are usually ok. But then again this is your allergy and not mine so you would know best.

As said above gabapentin might be worth a try if it truly is nerve pain.

Amitriptyline would also be worth a try.....

If you don't mind me asking what happend to your foot?
    im definitely not constipated and do have plenty of fibre in my diet. It's not the gel caps that make me react as I've reacted to Ibuprofen, Advil, no name advil, no name ibuprofen and a couple other anti-inflammatories. I have no idea if it's the acetaminophen that makes my stomach react. Last night I reacted very weirdly to my pills and am going to ask for t4's next time to see if they don't make my stomach feel like shit like the oxycocet. If the cortisone doesn't help I may ask them to see if that nerve medicine will help me.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I'm assuming you take your pills with food in your stomach?

My Ride
    93 integra

indeed I do. Last night the pain was almost unbearable so in the period of about 8 or 9 hours i took 2...It says one every 8 hours. I ate 2 full meals in that period of time...Going to my doctors today to discuss some of the meds mentioned on here.

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

Originally posted by ekguy
    And on a side note isn't Marinol only available in the states whereas we get Cesamet isn't it?

Marinol is available here in Canada. The product is not prescribed very often, very rare. It is not usually prescribed for pain either.
    2004 Toyota Echo

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Have you tried T3's?

I also didn't like taking the oxycontin and percocets after my back surgery due to the severe constipation and nausea.

I switched to the T3's and they were more tolerable with similar pain relief.

Which facility are you going for the steroid injection?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2