Quantcast
Collection Agency - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Collection Agency

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by berbatov

That's an interesting point. If the touchless Petro Canada carwash scratches the paint, what happens ?

Is there a disclaimer on the ticket that says they're not responsible ?
    I had an Shell carwash ruin a hubcap of mine (the ones that pull you through instead of you driving through) and they paid for it, just got them a quote for it. The owner said Shell corporate or something like that pays for those types of damages.

[url]

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Wait it out and see what happens...doing the same over a phone bill...if it becomes a problem I'll pay.If not piss on em!

Originally posted by visualk
    oh god can you ppl just ans the question and not give me your opinions, I asked if this does go to collections will it affect my credit score? Thats it plain & simple
    When you open yourself up to a forum like that, you have to expect people telling you what a fucking douche you are.

Simply put, if it does go to collections, yes it will affect your credit score. I hope your dentist goes through with it, because teaching you a lesson would be worth it. By the way, which dental office do you go to?

This is what happens when parents raise kids to think they're "special" and never have to take responsibility for their actions.

Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

Is this your regular dentist?

Do you really want them to be reminded that you're a deadbeat every time you go in for another filling?

Originally posted by visualk

oh god can you ppl just ans the question and not give me your opinions, I asked if this does go to collections will it affect my credit score? Thats it plain & simple
    Regardless of what everyone says here, $100 is pretty harsh for a missed appointment. Basically you have two options:

1) Pay it.

2) Not pay it. Find a new dentist. Collections will come after you but all you'll probably get is harassment from them and that's about it. Not sure how much info they have about you but if they've only got your name and address, not sure if they can really affect your credit rating.

If you decide on option 2, please let us know how it goes for future reference. I'm leaving morals and ethics out of this. This is more of a risk assessment point of view. Hope this helps.

Consider this a $100 lesson in common courtesy.

You wouldn't be happy if the dentist just changed your appointment without telling you.... well, it works both ways.

Not sure how hard it is for someone to pick up the phone and make a 60 second phone call.

Originally posted by masoncgy
    Consider this a $100 lesson in common courtesy.

You wouldn't be happy if the dentist just changed your appointment without telling you.... well, it works both ways.

Not sure how hard it is for someone to pick up the phone and make a 60 second phone call.
    The difference is though, is that he wouldn't get to charge the dentist $100 for changing his appointment. He'd be lucky to even get an apology so it doesn't work both ways.

Whatever his reason is, there should be a grace or understanding given. He could have just forgotten or been hit by a car. Either way, penalties should be levied against those who are chronic with issues.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by Euro838

The difference is though, is that he wouldn't get to charge the dentist $100 for changing his appointment. He'd be lucky to even get an apology so it doesn't work both ways.

Whatever his reason is, there should be a grace or understanding given. He could have just forgotten or been hit by a car. Either way, penalties should be levied against those who are chronic with issues.
    No you are correct that he wouldn't get money from them changing his appointment, however they would have picked up the phone and informed him BEFORE he showed up.

My Ride
    Lease

He could have just forgotten or been hit by a car.
    "Forgetting" is not an excuse, IMO... do people forget birthcontrol, do people just "forget" to eat/sleep/shit/shower.

Emergencies and accidents, ok, go to the business (dentist/doctor/lawyer/auto service) with a reasonable docuement such as police accident report, hospital note, etc...

Anyways with the whole moral, ethics, lectures aside (since OP isn't willing to listen): Chances are it's not worth it for someone making dentist type of money to be chasing down $100 (I didn't even chase down $400 from a Beyond member )

However, like mentioned, if this is your regular dentist, good luck getting another appointment or him/her seeing you again.

And what about the risk (to answer you question) of dentist sending this to collections who works on pro-bono service (somebody said their service 35-40% of owed amount)... and I'm sure they love taking these jobs on just to hassle the shit outta you since there's a huge incentive to do so.

And yea, I'm sure that'll mess your credit score, it doesn't matter what amounts... I read stories of people unintentionally missing $0.01 (ONE PENNY) on their Visa bill, started using another card and forgetting this one, and then 5-6 years down the road getting a loan they found out that $0.01 owed (accidentially) was fucking them over all these years as unpaid debt.

Forget the dollar amount... common courtesy is making a 60 second phone call and cancelling the appointment. The dentist office would do the same when an appointment was changed... that's my point.

My Ride
    FG4

i wouldn't pay it. $100 is insane for a missed appointment. i would also be amazed if they sent you to collections over that. like someone else mentioned its your word vs. theirs.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by 2ndgenlude
    i wouldn't pay it. $100 is insane for a missed appointment. i would also be amazed if they sent you to collections over that. like someone else mentioned its your word vs. theirs.
    You're an Anti-dentite, aren't you...
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You're an Anti-dentite, aren't you...
    I'm surprised how many people are scared of the big bad dentist...really, you can even watch TV while they do their thing, and give you sunglasses so the bright light doesn't get in your eyes, and ear plugs so the drill doesn't bother you as much. Or you can ask to be put under completely.

I swear people would be fucking amazed what happens outside this country for health care, or the lack thereof.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Don't fuck with dentists man. Where do you think loan sharks got the idea of pulling teeth from?

I still owe money. Back then it was 30 dollars. I thought, collections agency? ya whatever.

Well, my dentist went missing. Nobody ever heard from him again. There was a funeral with no casket. Everybody just pretended. I felt so bad that I still carried that debt on my shoulders.

At night I sometimes hear a scratch at the window. If I am quick enough I almost catch a glimpse of a dental pick disappearing into the night. My dreams are still haunted by the sound of the drill and the smell/taste/texture of the strawberry fluoride in that horrible non conforming apparatus you have to stuff in your face.

Take it from me, JUST FUCKING PAY IT!!!!!!!!!!
    You're losing it!!

only on beyond can that simple question produce such a thread... i love it!

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by 2ndgenlude
    As far as reporting it to Eqiufax and having it attached to your credit score? Absolutely they can and likely will. As a business owner I wouldn't waste my resources trying to track you down and spend possibly hours of my time over a hundred bucks - but I would pick up the phone, or make the dozen or two keystrokes on my computer to have it affect your credit. It is likely going to end up as an I9(write off) on your credit report if the dentist is feeling nasty, and that I9 is on your credit record for as long as a bankruptcy would be. To get it removed you either have to provide documentation to the reporting agency that it was in error, or pay the money. The third option is to dispute it- this just results in it coming up as a disputed I9 only showing that you dispute the reported I9 but it does not remove it.
    Last edited by eljefe; 03-19-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Regardless of what everyone says here, $100 is pretty harsh for a missed appointment. Basically you have two options:

1) Pay it.

2) Not pay it. Find a new dentist. Collections will come after you but all you'll probably get is harassment from them and that's about it. Not sure how much info they have about you but if they've only got your name and address, not sure if they can really affect your credit rating.

If you decide on option 2, please let us know how it goes for future reference. I'm leaving morals and ethics out of this. This is more of a risk assessment point of view. Hope this helps.
    This is why I love this forum, so many ideas and views but heres my whole point, when you sign up for a service it should be disclosed that if an appointment is missed there will be a fee or if it is a person who chronically misses their appointment should be charged and I'm all for it as many of you pointed out here. However this is not the case, I doubt I will go back because of a $100 for all the business and referrals I have provided this dentist with over the past ten years so I dont really care, there should be a bit of some customer service here, and yes I know I could have called however the circumstances I was in did not allow me to at that time. Thanks for the info and hilarious responses

Originally posted by eljefe

To get it removed you either have to provide documentation to the reporting agency that it was in error, or pay the money. T.
    Paying the bill after its already on your credit report does NOT remove it. It shows that it was paid in full....but it will still show up as a collections on your credit report for YEARS.

Jamie

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by EK9Hatch

Paying the bill after its already on your credit report does NOT remove it. It shows that it was paid in full....but it will still show up as a collections on your credit report for YEARS.

Jamie
    Not really no. An I9 is removed when and if a satisfactory solution has been worked out between both parties. Yes- it can leave an I1 I2 or I3 late payments standing, but, an I9 is only second in being the worst tag on a credit rating other than bankruptcy. An I9 is far far more detrimental than a late payment designation.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For $100, I wouldn't take the chance that it could show up on my credit report. Yeah, it's a lot to be charged for a missed appointment, but you have to pick your battles in life.

And just because you were such a whiny bitch about everyone expressing thier opinions instead of just answering your question. Here's my opinion: You are a failure at life and you smell like cheese.

Good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast