Quantcast
does anyone here have portable welder, and if so, can u help me out!!?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: does anyone here have portable welder, and if so, can u help me out!!??

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default does anyone here have portable welder, and if so, can u help me out!!??

Wassup guys, I really, really, really, need someone with a portable welder to help me out! I need to cut my stock downpipe from underneath my car. The bolts on the car are completely corroded and the only way I can see is to cut the pipe. I tried hacksawing it, but an hour later, my traps are so sore and I only made a little dent in it! Any help would be awsome!!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Hey, no fag answers!:madred: Only helpful people answer this thread please!!! hahaa That is unless u want to spend about 10 hours under my car hacksawing!!!!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

You do not need a welder you need a cutting torch or a grinder / cut off wheel.

And then after the pipe is off you will need a welder!

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Do you have a butane (sp?) torch ( benzomatic or some like it?) Heat helps taking off rusted bolts... but so do air tools!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by redline
    You do not need a welder you need a cutting torch or a grinder / cut off wheel.

And then after the pipe is off you will need a welder!
    Yah, sorry, I meant to say blow torch or cutting torch!! I think I inhaled too many steel shavings from trying to cut it with a hacksaw!!! haha Prolly because I was looking for someone with a welder about two months ago. But yah, that's what I meant to say. Someone with some sort of cutting device!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Do you have a butane (sp?) torch ( benzomatic or some like it?) Heat helps taking off rusted bolts... but so do air tools!!
    No, but I have a propane powered camping stove!!!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i had the same problem taking the rear driveshaft off of our vehicle...we ended up using a super mini pair of clamp on plier things (i can't think of the name right now) and they came off pretty easy...i tried sawing for like 4 hours as well...it was a waste of time if you ask me! but try that because the bolts on it were rusted and sheeit...there is no way we could get them off but with the pliers it's worth a try...if not, sorry i wish i did have one hope you get it figured out

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

If u bring it by my shop tomorrow night around 7:00pm I'll cut it off for u. just pm me

My Ride
    NC1

LOL
    No wonder I haven't heard from you in awhile, you have been too busy with your junk yard turbo hehe
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Okay, I'm almost through!! I ended up using my jigsaw, haha, but I'm like 70% through. I just need to go to canadian tire and buy another blade!! haha. I broke the one that I was using. Oh well, once this muthafucka is off, I can put on my downpipe and take off my oil pan so I can weld on that damn oil drain fitting! Hey, do u guys think I'll need a new oil pan gasket? how long do they usually last for anyway? My car's a 94 btw.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by legendboy
    If u bring it by my shop tomorrow night around 7:00pm I'll cut it off for u. just pm me
    thanks man, but I can't even drive my car at the moment, or else I'd go to the guy who's making my manifold and endtanks!! haha Anyway, it sucks when u have no oil in the car, no ecu, no intake piping and no exhaust manifold! My car did move today, but it was when I was pushing it forward about 5 meters!! haha Man, that was fun!!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    Okay, I'm almost through!! I ended up using my jigsaw, haha, but I'm like 70% through. I just need to go to canadian tire and buy another blade!! haha. I broke the one that I was using. Oh well, once this muthafucka is off, I can put on my downpipe and take off my oil pan so I can weld on that damn oil drain fitting! Hey, do u guys think I'll need a new oil pan gasket? how long do they usually last for anyway? My car's a 94 btw.
    yes get a new oil pan gasket

hey Leo, you might have to reuse your oilpan gasket cause I tried ordering one from Honda for my oil pan and they don't even have a part number for it???

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by del-lude

hey Leo, you might have to reuse your oilpan gasket cause I tried ordering one from Honda for my oil pan and they don't even have a part number for it???

My Ride
    Anything topless.

I don't know man, I just talked to T&T and they said they had 4 of them in and they were $26.98 each! That's cheaper than canadian tire, who wanted 30 bux! Anyway, I'm gonna pick one up prolly this weekend. U need one too huh? Anyway, give me a shout when ur gonna go get it and I'll pick one up too! Hey, can u drop by my place and bring that tap? I took off that oil feed cap on the side of my engine and I need to tap it. thanks man.
    Oh yah, by the way, I was able to successfully cut the downpipe!! Man, that took so freaking long! So the good news is that I am in the midst of taking off my oil pan. I have removed all 18 bolts plus the cover to the fly wheel and the pan is pretty much off, but I can't get it past that bar that is directly beneath it. Do I have to remove this damn thing? Any help would be awsome!!!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

I don't know man, I just talked to T&T and they said they had 4 of them in and they were $26.98 each! That's cheaper than canadian tire, who wanted 30 bux! Anyway, I'm gonna pick one up prolly this weekend. U need one too huh? Anyway, give me a shout when ur gonna go get it and I'll pick one up too! Hey, can u drop by my place and bring that tap? I took off that oil feed cap on the side of my engine and I need to tap it. thanks man.
    Oh yah, by the way, I was able to successfully cut the downpipe!! Man, that took so freaking long! So the good news is that I am in the midst of taking off my oil pan. I have removed all 18 bolts plus the cover to the fly wheel and the pan is pretty much off, but I can't get it past that bar that is directly beneath it. Do I have to remove this damn thing? Any help would be awsome!!!
    Must be different for the 98 preludes than cause I called Calgary Honda and they said they don't have a oil pan gasket for that year, they use a liquid gasket maker?? don't know much about the bar thing, my car doesn't have a bar under the oil pan, just had to remove the downpipe and flywheel cover and the pan came right off. Give me a call tonight and i'll bring the tap over.

call Calgary Honda and ask for a 98 Honda oil pan gasket if you don't believe me.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Must be different for the 98 preludes than cause I called Calgary Honda and they said they don't have a oil pan gasket for that year, they use a liquid gasket maker?? don't know much about the bar thing, my car doesn't have a bar under the oil pan, just had to remove the downpipe and flywheel cover and the pan came right off. Give me a call tonight and i'll bring the tap over.
    Is ur pan off right now? If it is, u should bring it by tonight and we'll see if it's the same fitting. What time can u come by tonight? I have to go pick up kev at 7:30 or so...I have his car! haha. Anyway, I also have to go see ben tonight. I think he's done my manifold.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Okay, I'm almost through!! I ended up using my jigsaw, haha, but I'm like 70% through.
    Damn man, that is a lot of crappy work, you should have used a little wheel cutter or rented an electric one!!! It would have taken 30 seconds!
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Is ur pan off right now? If it is, u should bring it by tonight and we'll see if it's the same fitting. What time can u come by tonight? I have to go pick up kev at 7:30 or so...I have his car! haha. Anyway, I also have to go see ben tonight. I think he's done my manifold.
    i'll swing by at 6-6:30 sometime if you're gonna be there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast