Quantcast
Song meaning: November Rain by G n' R - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Song meaning: November Rain by G n' R

My Ride
    Corvette

Arrow Song meaning: November Rain by G n' R

Can someone help me to interpret the song: November Rain by Guns N' Roses. Its older, but I'm sure most people have heard it.
    The video is more or less a short story, what is your take on it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The video is based on a short story, Without You, by Del James. It has nothing to do with the song.

My interpretation of the lyrics... it's an "about to break up" song. You know when you're in a relationship, and one is looking for a way out, and the other wants to make it better, but both are so used to the relationship that nobody does any work to fix things? The lyrics basically describe that exact moment in time. "November Rain" is a metaphor for giving up on the relationship and the sadness that goes with it.

I wrote an essay about the song in high school english too haha.

GnR (original) rocks.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by rage2

My interpretation of the lyrics... it's an "about to break up" song. You know when you're in a relationship, and one is looking for a way out, and the other wants to make it better, but both are so used to the relationship that nobody does any work to fix things? The lyrics basically describe that exact moment in time. "November Rain" is a metaphor for giving up on the relationship and the sadness that goes with it.

GAWD DAMN!!...that's deep...hahaha...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 02:58 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Great song indeed. My favourite from the guns.

I always thought it was about losing someone.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

My Ride
    Corvette

Thanks guys, its an awesome song! I wanna learn to play it.

I was trying to find the correlation between the video and lyrics, but couldnt figure it out. Now i know why.

A lot of people could probably relate to the song...

the november rain video is the second in a trilogy that also includes don't cry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ns59Bmqpms) and estranged (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TV43Dug_Qg)

there is also This I Love (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTkAp-XeDU), a 'new' song that was written before UYI and is rumored to be related, but axl hasn't really talked about that since before UYI came out.
    Last edited by nonlinear; 03-19-2009 at 01:37 PM.

man, i just watched the estranged video again... that is a fucking awesome video. it really demonstrates just how over the top and blown out of proportion GNR became, but it's a good glimpse of GNR and especially Axl at their/his creative zenith

i'm trying to figure out what the whole dolphin theme means.... it starts on the back of the limo, can be seen in their huge jet, swimming down sunset blvd, on the TVs behind the gates where Axl is sitting (same TV store form Welcome to the Jungle video, that show him in an electric chair haha), and then they save axl at the end when he jumps in.

fucking weird shit. it's sad that he's so mentally and emotionally fucked up these days.

My Ride
    firebird

I still get chills when I hear the guitar parts in Estranged and November Rain...totally epic ballads.

(But yes the Dolphin thing is weird).
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BigShow
    Thanks guys, its an awesome song! I wanna learn to play it.
    After 10 years of not so serious guitar playing, I finally learned to play the main solos.

It sounds easy, but it's not... lots of bends that you have to nail spot on or it sounds like complete ass.

Other than the solos, there's really not a whole lot of guitar in the song. Our band wants to cover the song, but it's impossible without a 10 piece band haha. You need piano, 2 guitars, 1 bass, drums, and 2 or 3 people playing violin and flute and all sorts of silliness on a keyboard to make it sound right.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

"All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X