got this emailed to me very interesting - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: got this emailed to me very interesting

My Ride
    1996 del sol

Default got this emailed to me very interesting

The Urine test
    THIS GUY MAKES A GOOD POINT
    This was written by a construction worker in Fort MacMurray- he sure makes a lot of sense.

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig site for a Fort Mac construction project. I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.
    What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
    Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass drinking beer and smoking dope.
    Could you imagine how much money the provinces would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance cheque? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.
    Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country, and soon!!!

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Thats actually quite a good point. Except I wouldnt pass. Not for about a month anyways.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Actually, it isn't a good point.

he has the safety of other to think about. the welfare junkie, not so much.

Originally posted by benyl

Yup, but if you wouldn't have posted this we would probably see a few more "good point" posts from people that don't understand this.

My Ride
    1996 del sol

i thought very good point

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

WEAK. Its your employer that does the drug test not the government. If you dont like it get a new job that doesnt test you....
    and its not illegal to be high.

My Ride
    has lace's

your almost missing his point..
    why pay to support someones addiction? not exactly helping them get on there feet.

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by blueripper6

and its not illegal to be high.
    Source? Still could be considered public intoxication.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by maxomilll

why pay to support someones addiction? not exactly helping them get on there feet.
    Life isn't fair.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Life isn't fair.
    Just to add to that, here's an email I got yesterday from a friend in our discussion about how much life does in fact suck.
    As upstanding citizens, we all stand to pay bushels of money over our lifetimes for services we will never collect.

We all have, or will have, paid upwards of $20000 to get a university degree, most of which is delivered through bad instruction or through courses that have little practical relevance to today's job market. Then, you get a job, only to realize that your university degree doesn't count for much of anything, other than getting you an interview. Noone at your job gives a crap about the 3.5 GPA you slaved for, all they care about is that you're a likable person and can learn fast. Aren't you glad you worked so hard for that well-rounded education delivered by fools masquerading as professors?

You'll start your career, paying into EI funding that you're never going to benefit from. That money goes to a meth addict that harasses you for change at the C-Train every day. After a few years, you'll want to move out to your own place. You decide to buy a home. You don't have 25% down, so you'll let the CMHC rape you up the backside for mandatory "mortgage default insurance". As an upstanding member of society, you'll never need that insurance. That money will go to the guy fresh off the street who the bank approved for a mortgage anyway. He defaults, you pay.

You move into your new place. You pay city taxes. They are expensive. The city doesn't shovel your street in the winter, the police are useless, transit sucks, and the drop-in center is the nicest building downtown. For all the money you pay, you'd expect that at least garbage pickup would be good, but no, the fools leave your garbage bin in the middle of the alley every friggin time.

You pay federal and provincial taxes too, but you're not sure where they go. One day you have kids. Despite paying $20000 / year in taxes from your household, daycare still costs the equivalent of one person's salary. Your kids get older, they start grade school. The instruction is crap. You have to spend additional money to get them tutoring so that they can scrape through school and get into university.

You get much older. You've saved money for your retirement. You get a little bit sick. The hospital won't admit you. The meth addict from the C-train 35 years earlier took the bed that should have been yours. You pay for private health care so that you can continue with life.

In the end, you die, but in your last moments you feel like that biggest patsy to have ever lived as you realize what you've given to society and how little of that has been returned to you. If life were a game of numbers, you just lost, and worse yet, you lost to a meth addict with 18 criminal convictions.

That's your life, gents. Look forward to it. Bottom line: life is one big charity project.
    He's very inspirational

Life isn't fair, accept it, and move on.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by maxomilll

Who says they are an addict? If I had dick all to do all day, I'd probably blaze daily too!

I agree with the origonal post, why make it easy for people to sit around and waste away? We all have to work for our money, pay our bills, put food on our own plates, I dont see the government handing me cash to cover my bills, I just see whats subtracted every check.

And yet those who are collecting these cheques get free cash. Yeah, there are some unfortunate circumstances that may lead to that (and for those people I am sorry) but really should you maybe think of putting your "last few dollars" into some clothes to help you get a job, or food to feed yourself? Nope drugs and alcohol totally sounds like it should be at the top of the priority list!

At least the panhandles on the corners work for their money, be it window washing or make some good (or not so good) music, there is some effort going into it. Do the drunks think they are dancing for the cash as they stumble down the road? Not to sounds harsh, but really, I dont see that everyone who gets a check, deserves it.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

I think mandatory wee testing would actually cost us more in overall administration costs than just giving these guys welfare cheques.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

Not neccisarily, can you imagine how many cheques would not be issued if those people were tested, I imagine the number of people using that money to do things other then benifit/survive is quite high making it a benificial thing. Besides i (speaking for myself only) would rather pay that little bit more and know that the money i have no choice but to give, is at least going to someone/something worth while

My Ride
    missy

If they had this testing, there would be more of these, like Toronto
    Attached Images Attached Images  

YEah i guess that is a good point, Catch 22, but either way your giving money away to those who aren't working for it. One just looks like its not happening and the other is right there in front of you on the street corner.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-17-2020 at 02:55 PM.

My Ride
    07 Ruckus, 05 Echo

So this guy is advocating that everyone get urine tested because he has to? If his line of work requires this for safety reasons then that's tough luck for him, there's nothing immoral about getting high and people (even welfare junkies) should be free to do as they wish. He can vote with his feet and find a job that doesn't require urine testing.

The real problem here is the coercive redistribution of wealth by the government, instead this guy directs his anger at welfare junkies.

This logic flips between libertarian ideals and police state mentality.

"I shouldn't have to support other people" to "everyone should be monitored".

Funny how the people that benefit from government spending are always 'crackheads' and not the majority of people that you see every day.

People you work with, people you go to school with, people you go to church with. If you think that there is some mysterious crackden where all government spending (even 'welfare' spending) goes, you're either blind or willfully ignorant.

Why is it always the most wealthy that scream 'meritocracy'? Because it's convenient. Whatever helps you sleep at night, people.

My Ride
    Acura MDX

I like it, good point if you really think about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast