Quantcast
Faux News cusses Canadian Army - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Faux News cusses Canadian Army

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

heard more about this today on my ride home..... What ignorant fucks.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Apparently one of the comedians on that show had a few of his own shows canceled in Edmonton due to his remarks. The base up there had something to do with that I imagine.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

wish his show hadnt been canceled
    wouldve been awesome if he could get his ass beat in edmonton

yes it is satirical, but it is disrespectful to the families of the dead soldiers

i mean if rick mercer was making jokes about 9/11 victims in a 'satirical' manner, there would be a shitstorm

what makes it even worse is that 4 of the dead were killed by a dumbass american

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Originally posted by Canmorite
    Apparently one of the comedians on that show had a few of his own shows canceled in Edmonton due to his remarks. The base up there had something to do with that I imagine.
    ROFL, look at the Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Benson

Douglas Steven Benson (born May 7, 1964) is an American comedian who has appeared on VH1 Presents, Best Week Ever, and most recently as a contestant on Last Comic Standing.

Benson graduated from a community college in San Diego, California, before moving to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. In order to pay for his education, Benson worked part-time at a coffee shop in San Diego, often performing fellatio on male patrons for extra tips. This continued following his move to Los Angeles, and was a main factor in his success later in his career, with Greg Gutfield suggesting that Benson had the "most incredible technique I've ever felt, he swallows like a true champ".

While working as a stand-in and extra in movies and TV, he did his first stand-up gig after he and two other friends dared each other to try it. One of them didn't show up, and the other had signed up too late. Benson claimed that "I went on anyway and did my three minutes of whatever I could come with and people actually laughed".[1] At the age of 22, Benson became a stand-up comedian.

Benson was part of the writing team that created (and performed in) The Marijuana-Logues. He was also named Stoner of the Year for 2006 by High Times Magazine. Benson also made his own faux-documentary Super High Me, a mislabeled stand-up compilation made while Benson was high, which was released on DVD on June 10, 2008.

Benson also appears on the comedy compilation CD Comedy Death-Ray. Benson released his first full-length solo comedy album, "Doug Benson: Professional Humoredian", on July 15th, 2008.

Anti-Canadian remarks
    On March 17, 2009, Benson made controversial remarks about Canada's armed forces in Afghanistan. Greg Gutfeld, the host of Red Eye (the Fox News program that featured Benson's remarks), also suggested that the United States should invade Canada. These comments went largely unnoticed until a recording of the five minute clip was circulated on the Internet.[2] The Government of Canada has demanded an apology from FOX News as well as the panelists for "...despicable, hurtful and ignorant comments."[3] Benson has yet to apologize for his remarks.

Due to his comments, the Edmonton, Alberta show to be held at West Edmonton Mall's The Comic Strip has been canceled. "For the safety and security of The Comic Strip's patrons and staff, Doug Benson's shows have subsequently been canceled," reads a press release from The Comic Strip. One of Canada's largest Army bases in located in Edmonton and is home to a large majority of Canada's front line Combat troops. Edmontonians have expressed disappointment at the cancellation, with one ticket-holder going on record as saying "we really were looking forward to lodging our collective boots up his arse". Another man sighed in dismay, noting that he'd spent "damn good money on these boots to curb-stomp that insufferable ass-hat. And 'Super High Me' was a sh-tty movie, too."

Last edited by TorqueDog; 03-23-2009 at 09:35 PM.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Glad to read it, what a fucking cunt he is.
    I have a vicious urge to re-arrange his teeth after some of those comments. Yes the "mounties" up here all ride around on horses. you bet.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    //M

nah, its satire, its funny
    we mock Americans and we mocked Bush all the time, its only fair to get it back.
    I read stuff all the time in school that constantly bashes the US on everything from foreign policy to internal affairs, to Presidential choices, Bush being a chimpanzee look-a-like (like how is that fair?), to how Americans are fat, obese, and racist, etc etc and all this misguided, absolutely incorrect BS about the USA. The people in the US, especially the Southern states are more friendly than Canadians. The country is more united as a whole and 1000 times more patriotic than Canada, and it us Canadians who constantly mock our neighbors.
    Poking fun at our pathetic military (which has been growing and doing much better under Harper) is fine, its unfortunate it co-coincided with the deaths of 4 soldiers, but as Canadians, we judge, mock, and relentlessly attack the US for its War in Iraq to 9/11 as being an "inside job" (as if the Government tried to kill 3000 of its citizens )... so to satirize Canada as being known for its mounties on horseback, and its small army isn't really that bad.
    It was good comedy, but I think the timing was wrong unfortunately. As Canadians, we like to give it out, but we never like to take it. They don't really bash Canada, it's not mean spirited like how we bash the United States. Even on this forum I see many anti-US comments and sentiment.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    99 1.8t

fuck who cares, im with DJ Lazy on this one.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Yes the "mounties" up here all ride around on horses. you bet.
    This part wasn't even bad. I'll take all the maple syrup jokes in the world, blubber sandwiches and har har invade us. We all know that that will never happen but it is kind of funny how easily they could if they REALLY wanted to.

But when it comes to our soldiers, I don't give a flying fuck if you're Jesus Christ in the flesh, you don't make a mockery of dead soldiers that fought for a greater good in a place that isn't even their own country.
    Ultracrepidarian

Well,

I understand that it is just for laughs. Unfortunately, his timing coudn't come worse. Those poor soldiers died for our country, and their bodies returned home today. I appreciate good comedy as much as the next guy, even if its at our expense. But our soldiers deserve better. Nothing that came out of his mouth was funny at all. I feel so sorry for the poor families of these soldiers.

That being said, he did apologize, and I believe him when he says that he meant no insult to the men, women and families of Canadian soldiers.

My brother is an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon that is full time with the Canadian Military. These are some of the best Canadians, and they deserve our best respect. I hope nobody would argue that with me.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

This is what we can the beginning of the early stages of anti Canadian propaganda. I wouldn't be surprised to see us actually invaded and being backed by the brainwashed U.S public. Give it 5-10 years.

With the impeding and immanent collapse of the monetary system the U.S will come come to Canada to gain control of the tangible resources lumber, oil, fish ext.. Prepare for the worst.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by colt22
    I wouldn't be surprised to see us actually invaded and being backed by the brainwashed U.S public. Give it 5-10 years.

The US isn't going to invade anytime soon, now stop worrying about it and enjoy your life.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

I simply just hate the American government and media.

My Ride
    //M

Originally posted by colt22
    I simply just hate the American government and media.
    i simply hate Canadians who can't take back what they give out. We're a bunch of mouthpieces.

I dont agree with them making fun of our military efforts but everything else...

My Ride
    EM1

Tom Green ripped that Fox guy pretty bad on his show last night haha

http://www.tomgreen.com/

Click on Monday maddness on the left

It doesn't bother me as much that they make fun of us, what bothers me is that they use the same fucking jokes over and over again, and still pat themselves on the back.

I had no idea Doug Benson was such a douchebag

Oh wait, yes I did.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Originally posted by xLostx
    Tom Green ripped that Fox guy pretty bad on his show last night haha

http://www.tomgreen.com/

Click on Monday maddness on the left
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Fuck! That tom green rant was awesome I was laughing my ass off the whole time.
    Member since 2003.

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

now that is a worthy response.

Maybe "sans class" but it definatly conveys how I feel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast