Quantcast
Comp Problem - Will Paypall cash for Sol'n - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Comp Problem - Will Paypall cash for Sol'n

My Ride

Question Comp Problem - Will Paypall cash for Sol'n

So my computer has been messed for a few days now.

I was using facebook last thurs and every text entry would get hung up/double typed/beep like I was typing too fast for the computer?

Thought just my keyboard was messed, came back after a few hours to see all the lights on the keyboard flashing and the computer began making the beeping sound like its frozen/overloaded.

Manually powered the comp down, unplugged the power source.

Every time I plug the comp back into power, I hear a whining sound. Trying to start it up, it gets stuck trying to load windows, goes to a blue screen and flashes a some loading error quickly before I can read it. It then fails to load win and gives me option of safe modes to choose from. No matter what mode I pick, I get flashed with a compand prompt dump of text and then it goes no where forcing me to power down.

If anyone can give me help or point me in the right direction to get this resolved I would gladly paypal you some cash as a way of saying thanks. I havent been able to use this computer for the whole weekend and I have a lot of pending school assignments on it.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

hit F8 while booting,t hen select "disable automatic shut down on bluescreen" then boot it up and read the error, at the bottom there will be an error code it'll be 0x0***** post that code back here.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride

Not sure if I did it right ... I brought up the advanced win settings,"disable auto shutdown on bluescreen" was not an option, closest thing to it was disable automatic restart, which I selected and got this on the blue screen"

Stop: c0000218 {Registry File Failure}
    The registry cannot load the hive (file):
    \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE
    or its log or alternative

Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Physical memory dump complete
    Contact your system admin or tech support for further assistance

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Sounds like something has fucked with your registry. Is there any chance that you had a backup done recently?

Could be a bad harddrive.

Download the tools from the manafucter website, boot off their cd, and scan your drive.

Most Likely your OS is corrupted. You might have to reinstall Windows
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

If it is whining even before you try to start it up the power supply is likely hooped. Try a new one.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride

Originally posted by A790
    Sounds like something has fucked with your registry. Is there any chance that you had a backup done recently?
    Havent done anything like that. Its weird, it was working fine, then all of a sudden typing text was choppy/slow. Stupid me doesnt turn it off and goes out, comes back few hrs later and the keyboard locked up and comp froze.

Originally posted by Alterac
    Could be a bad harddrive.

Download the tools from the manafucter website, boot off their cd, and scan your drive.
    I'm sorry but I'm not very computer literate with these things. I dont even know my HD manufacter, or what I would do at the site. Would you be able to explain so someone a little slower in the computer world.

I also dont know if this may help. But I have two HDs on this computer, but one is pretty much unused and just for Itunes backup (and for my important files but I never got around to it .

Originally posted by HHURICANE1
    If it is whining even before you try to start it up the power supply is likely hooped. Try a new one.
    Its a very high pitched quieter kind of whine. I'm not sure, but if the power supply was hooped, why would it let me navigate through windows help menus for quite some time?

My Ride

Originally posted by ThatGuyishere
    Most Likely your OS is corrupted. You might have to reinstall Windows
    As in reformat and lose everything on the computer's HD's?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Sounds like a hard drive, but not really since you said it locked up with keyboard lights, which leads me to believe it could be the motherboard (which probably corrupted your registry hive as well). Check the motherboard capasitors for any leaks ect. If you have important date on there I recommend you back it up asap by removing the hard drive and copying the files. Even though the registry/windows is corrupt, if the harddrive is not physically broken then you should still be able to extract the data. Could also be your power supply, but the fact that your keyboard lights were flashing and computer still running (even though it was frozen) leads me to believe its the motherboard

Here is a pic of busted caps:

My Ride

Thanks for the reply eblend

If it is the motherboard and not the hard drive(s), why do they have to be removed and copied right away? I'm not trying to question you, I just dont understand how it works. If the hard drives are intact and fine, will it really matter if I just leave the box unplugged until I can come back to Calgary and take it to MemExpress where I bought it?

Could be bad ram as well. Run memtest and see what you get.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

I got 2 ways I can help you if you want.

1. Take your hard drive out and boot it as a slave in my machine to make sure it can still be accessed. Maybe just the boot sector is messed up but either way we can at least make a backup of it at the least. If we can't access it at all then we know it's a dead drive.

2. Go to www.ubuntu.com and download their liveCD image on someone else's machine.....I even have an extra if you want it. Create a boot CD with it, pop it in the tray and reboot. If you can boot into Ubuntu from the liveCD then your motherboard and everything else is fine.

It wouldn't take me more than an hour to figure out your problem.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride

I would be glad to take your offer of help, except I am in Lethbridge right now.

Knowing the situation I am in, and considering I am not too computer saavy, where would you suggest I go? Im assuming the big places would take forever to even get to it?

It could be your hard drive, your RAM your motherboard, it could be a software issue, it could be a combination of all those things.

1) Put in your windows CD and run the recovery console and try and repair your windows installation.

2) If that doesn’t work try re-installing windows over itself.

3) If that doesn’t work it’s a hardware issue. Which can be very difficult for your to diagnose yourself if you’re not computer literate. Best bet would be to call someone to come in or take your computer to a shop.

- I doubt it’s a power supply issue since your computer does power up and posts and actually tries to load windows but can’t.

- RAM is easy to figure out. If you have 2 sticks just take one out, if it fails, put the one you took out back in and take the other one out. If it fails again chances are it’s not the RAM because it’s a low chance that all the RAM sticks would be bad.

- If it’s a hard drive problem your best bet is to get another drive in there and dry a fresh windows install

- If it’s a motherboard issue, then take it into a shop because if you don’t know what you’re doing, swapping out a motherboard could be a big issue when it comes to matching chipsets and making sure your old hardware is compatible with the new board and that your old windows installation will work without needed to do a fresh install.

My Ride

If I put in the windows recovery cd wont it reformat my comp causing me to lose anything saved to the hard drive.

My main goal isnt to immediately fix my computer, it is to make sure the content of my HD can be saved.

Originally posted by 5hift
    If I put in the windows recovery cd wont it reformat my comp causing me to lose anything saved to the hard drive.

My main goal isnt to immediately fix my computer, it is to make sure the content of my HD can be saved.
    fixing windows with the recovery CD or re-installing windows over itself will not harm any other files on the HD. Just follow the prompts and dont hit anything that says "reformat hard drive"

also, it's very hard to actually lose any files on your hard disk. Hard disks are fairly simple to recover even if they die.

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

Forget that. Get someone else's machine and download/create an Ubuntu LiveCD. You can boot into the operating system on the CD and recover all your files from the hard drive, deal with Windows later. This is easier than anything else posted.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Here's my sol'n.

Sledge hammer the shit out of it. Go all Office Space on it.

Go to London drugs and get a new one.

Now where's my money?
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

Originally posted by em2ab
    Forget that. Get someone else's machine and download/create an Ubuntu LiveCD. You can boot into the operating system on the CD and recover all your files from the hard drive, deal with Windows later. This is easier than anything else posted.
    why should he waste time recovering his HD if it's an OS issue? That's why i suggested he repair/reinstall windows first see if that works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast