Quantcast
COD: Modern Warfare 2 - Page 147 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 147 of 160 FirstFirst ... 137 146 147 148 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3186

Thread: COD: Modern Warfare 2

Originally posted by TKRIS
    I use a grenade launcher in certain situations, and I'm endlessly amused by the people who create arbitrary "rules" that restrict their gameplay, and that they expect everyone else to follow as well.
    I'll sometimes use a grenade launcher in TD on Quarry, and almost always use it (at least some of the time) on Invasion and Skid Row. If I had an extra class or two, I'd probably still have a "Tube+Danger close" class running, because it works.
    I'm really not sure why the noob tube has been universally singled out as being "cheap", haha.

I don't see how it's any less arbitrary than whining about thermals on wasteland, or shotguns on Junkyard, or any other perk, attachement, or weapon that works well in certain situations.

It's been my experience that constantly spamming your noob tube is a good way to end up negative. I use it when the situation calls for it, but when I go in with the intention of finishing some noob tube related challenge, I usually end up getting raped.

But I guess we all have our pet peeves. I get far more irritated with the "Marathon+Akimbo Shotgun" guys than with the noob tubers.
    some guys over do it, just fire that for the majority of the match.
    I'd use it too but only in certain situations.

My Ride
    Plymouth

also, tramcommon, your newest cod piece on boosters was awesome you should post them here for us to follow.

http://wildgunmen.com/blog/2010/04/11/guys-like-these/
    Originally posted by Q-TIP
    Tram, what education do you have that trumps my degree in Geology when it comes to matters of tectonic activity?
    Originally posted by Tram Common
    I took a science class once where we built a volcano and made it erupt using baking soda and vinegar.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Yeah I don't rock noob tubes, they are cheap. I love claymore and scavenger!!! But that's cheap too. I find people rockin noob tubes are just people desperate to get a kill.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

What I fucking hate the most is when you watch the killcam, and the fag noob-tuber that killed you is using one-man army to whore all of his custom tube classes in one match.

Originally posted by Pollywog
    What I fucking hate the most is when you watch the killcam, and the fag noob-tuber that killed you is using one-man army to whore all of his custom tube classes in one match.
    lol I know guys who do this, and get a nuke, of course they camp a hell of a lot too

Originally posted by Trini

lol I know guys who do this, and get a nuke, of course they camp a hell of a lot too
    I used to only have one tube class with one man army and one assault rifle with one man army. I switch to the noob class when calling in a killstreak for the additional damage and switch out when the killstreak is done. Otherwise the toob class is ONLY used when I'm pissed at the other team using a) MLC combo or b) danger close

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Hahaha, how's this for timing?
    The evening after I defend the use of grenade launchers, I end up playing against 2-3 guys who are constantly camping and spamming their noob tubes.
    Between rounds, I tossed a grenade launcher onto my ACR and equipped Danger Close and went 19-2 (which is really good for me, since I suck).

So my argument still holds. Relying too hard on your grenade launcher will get you killed. Scavenger against a team of tubers means you never run out of claymores or grenades.

I'm actually doing a lot better in this game since I came back from Bad Company 2. Before, I went negative about half the time, and around even most of the rest of the time. Now I keep a pretty consistent k/d of ~2, with exceptions every couple/few games.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by Synne
    also, tramcommon, your newest cod piece on boosters was awesome you should post them here for us to follow.

http://wildgunmen.com/blog/2010/04/11/guys-like-these/
    Thanks man. Ya, I would but I really don't know how much good would come of it. I will post up my latest round of knife-throw kills though.

I got a pretty good second one. Not as good as the one you already posted up...but pretty good.
    Last edited by Tram Common; 04-13-2010 at 06:35 PM.

I love using the rpg, but its also funny when i kill myself too

add me elmaestrotaco psn
    Hola

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Here's my latest long distance knife-throw killcam. It's definitely the longest one, let me know what you guys think:

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Jesus, and I can't even kill a guy who's 4' in front of me with the throwing knife
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Jesus, and I can't even kill a guy who's 4' in front of me with the throwing knife
    Haha man, me either, really. I just rush as fast as I can to get to 29 kills and then I start throwing ridiculously long-distance knifes.

The ratio is like 100:1 for every knife thrown to every knife-throw kill.

It's fun though, the best is people's reactions when they see the killcam.

Unfortunately nobody had their mic on for that one.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

What's frustrating with noob tube is that for example, the two of us come around a corner. He fires the grenade, and by the time grenade hits me, I've already killed him! So frustrating haha

I've loving the marathon + lightweight + commando pro with silenced UMP. Running around knifing got boring but fuck, no fall damage with that speed is ridiculous. People are retarded with the silencer too...no red dot on radar and get all confused lol.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Originally posted by msommers

I've loving the marathon + lightweight + commando pro with silenced UMP. Running around knifing got boring but fuck, no fall damage with that speed is ridiculous. People are retarded with the silencer too...no red dot on radar and get all confused lol.
    I prefer ninja pro, I can't stand hearing my own footsteps, lol. I really don't like commando anymore, when I use it I can never seem to knife a guy, yet other people knife me from 10' away, lol.

What's frustrating with noob tube is that for example, the two of us come around a corner. He fires the grenade, and by the time grenade hits me, I've already killed him! So frustrating haha

i got so use to marathon+light weight, when i use my scar class and see him walk so slow, its soo boring -_____-

My Ride
    '08 AW E92 335i

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I prefer ninja pro, I can't stand hearing my own footsteps, lol. I really don't like commando anymore, when I use it I can never seem to knife a guy, yet other people knife me from 10' away, lol.
    lol most guys that knife from 10ft away are using commando+tactical knife. Ninja is good but I think commando is worth it alone with the no falling damage. It's good to get out of sticky situations. I always just jump Out of buildings to run after guys or if I'm getting shot at. Before I had commando pro after prestige I can't count how many times I killed myself jumping off things lol.

Finally finished my intervention and 1000 UAVs, no idea what I should work on now. Been helping my friends with the resourceful challenge to get the 'friends with benefits' title. It's pretty fun actually.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nice! I'm at about 830 airstrikes I think. Wonder what the emblem is! Hopefully something cooler than a gold bar like the 1000 air packages lol
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Nice! I'm at about 830 airstrikes I think. Wonder what the emblem is! Hopefully something cooler than a gold bar like the 1000 air packages lol

Page 147 of 160 FirstFirst ... 137 146 147 148 157 ... LastLast