Quantcast
Minimum speeding ticket speed amount? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Minimum speeding ticket speed amount?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    86
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Minimum speeding ticket speed amount?

    I did a search on the forum but I didnt find any info regarding this. What is the usual minimum speed that you can get a ticket for? I just got a ticket in the mail for going 13km over, what are the chances that I could some how fight it off or should I just suck it up? Just when I said to myself that I would never go more than 10over I get pwned....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    GrandForks BC
    My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    usually cops let you go with 1-10 over... but id go to the traffic court and get teh ticket lowered and hopfully the demerts taken off..

    www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,455
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    15 and over, and you move up to the next ticket.

    Smallest ticket is 0-15KM over. I don't think they give many of those out. Then it's 16-30 for the next one. 31-50, then over 50 is court appearance.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 04-04-2009 at 01:28 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,433
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    my mom got 2 8-9 over tickets from photo radar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    YWG
    Posts
    3,110
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It usually based more on a percentage.

    You can get a 5 over ticket in a playground zone.

    I usually consider anything over 10% over to be ticket potential. Especially when it comes to photoradar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I know of someone who got a ticket for 12 over on Deerfoot...I think that's brutal since they could probably catch 1000 ppl a day going 12 over but I guess speeding is speeding.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TX
    My Ride
    Camaro 2SS
    Posts
    1,435
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I got a 63 in a 50 (that's 13 over for bamboo_warrier). Ticket was $85.00...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    249
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Legally you can get a ticket for 1kmph over. But they gave crap for photoradar giving out tickets for 2-3kmph over on deerfoot some time ago.

    However i know they've radared me going at least 15kmph over and they just ignored me and waited for someone else.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy
    Posts
    1,629
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally posted by sputnik
    It usually based more on a percentage.

    You can get a 5 over ticket in a playground zone.

    I usually consider anything over 10% over to be ticket potential. Especially when it comes to photoradar.
    I think that's pretty fair actually, although i usually go 10 over anywhere except a playground/school zone, so I'd be screwed most of the time
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If you're asking what speed police usually give tickets at, well that depends on the police officer and how he's feeling that day. Tickets may be issued at 1 kph over the limit, and if it's done on laser, they might even get a conviction at trial. Photo radar, from my understanding, is usually set to take pictures at 12 kph over the limit and up. Sometimes less in playground zones.

    I heard talk that the speed on green cameras were going to be set at a lower threshold, something like 8 kph over IIRC.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    VW-JETTA GT
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by nonsane
    Legally you can get a ticket for 1kmph over. But they gave crap for photoradar giving out tickets for 2-3kmph over on deerfoot some time ago.

    However i know they've radared me going at least 15kmph over and they just ignored me and waited for someone else.
    lol why waste the bait on 13 over and give a small tickit when they can catch and fry the bigger fish

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    340
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Apprently they cannot no longer take demerits off by lower it to 2? is that complete BS or what? because I had to fight my ticket today and this lady would not budge...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Bimmer88
    Apprently they cannot no longer take demerits off by lower it to 2? is that complete BS or what? because I had to fight my ticket today and this lady would not budge...
    The prosecutors used to have discretion to change the charge from being against you specifically to instead be against the registered owner, which carries no demerits. That discretion was removed a couple of years ago now. Often, they will reduce the speed to a lower demerit level (i.e. if 20 over, will reduce to 10 over which moves it from 3 demerits to 2 demerits, also reduces the fine).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    missy
    Posts
    1,799
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally posted by dexlargo
    The prosecutors used to have discretion to change the charge from being against you specifically to instead be against the registered owner, which carries no demerits. That discretion was removed a couple of years ago now. Often, they will reduce the speed to a lower demerit level (i.e. if 20 over, will reduce to 10 over which moves it from 3 demerits to 2 demerits, also reduces the fine).
    2 demerits for 10 over? Clearly you don't know or were misinformed
    CNC Guru*

    * This is not an advertisement or porn..... but pm me lol

    Instagram: goreski_rdd

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,258
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by gretz


    2 demerits for 10 over? Clearly you don't know or were misinformed
    0-15km/h over IS 2 demerits.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    missy
    Posts
    1,799
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally posted by Tik-Tok


    0-15km/h over IS 2 demerits.
    clearly i dont know and was misinformed, my bad
    CNC Guru*

    * This is not an advertisement or porn..... but pm me lol

    Instagram: goreski_rdd

Similar Threads

  1. Speeding ticket question (Speed Trap)

    By vancouvergold in forum Nissan 240sx / Silvia Owners
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
  2. Speeding ticket, no speed sign.

    By nmack in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 03-28-2004, 12:40 AM
  3. Minimum Tire Tread???

    By RavnKing in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 11-20-2003, 04:17 PM
  4. whats goign to be the minimum age for driving next year in bc?

    By KPDrag0n in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 07-25-2003, 12:29 AM
  5. Lost a serious amount of braking power

    By Fluidic in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 09-10-2002, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •