Quantcast
known 2003 g35 problems? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: known 2003 g35 problems?

Default 03 g35 problems

i have heard that the 2003 g35 coupe had alot of problems, specificlaly electronically.
    have you guys either experienced or heard about such problems, and would you suggest avoiding 03's in general, or is it ok to get an inspected 03?

My Ride
    G35

i have an 03 g35 sedan, the only electrical problem that i had was that my cd player went and it had to be sent out to be repaired, other than that i had no electrical issues, one thing that should be mentioned is that early models are known to go trough brake pads and rotors fairly quickly.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

i have had no problems, i have an 03.5 G35 coupe
    its for sale if your interested

My Ride
    //M

great car, pretty reliable, awesome engine. Plus RWD is fun, and electronically they are very good. Much better than the competition (BMW's 3 series coupes are plagued with electrical gremlins).
    brakes/rotors go very quickly if they are stock, just put Hawk pads on them (less brake dust and they are better quality) and Brembo blanks/slotted and you're good to go.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Just wondering how much the brakes cost on a 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe for a 6MT model with brembo's. Just wondering how much would the brake pads be alone and the rotors if they needed replacing. Any other idea's instead of going with brembo's.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Anyone?

My Ride
    Grimace

Brakes are expensive. Pads I went for the hawk hps as i didnt like the dust from the brembos. Was around $220 for all four corners at mopac. Rotors, for brembo slotted, you are looking at around $800iirc. Obviously much more through a dealer. I suppose you could go some other brands for the pads/rotors, I have heard good things about project mu but those rotors are $$$.

i've never heard about electrical problems before. There's not too much to fail (compared to MB or BMW)

I'd say the biggest thing for an 03-05 is to make certain, at the very least, that they've done the plenum spacer mod - the way the stock plenum sits, there are "signifigant" cooling issues. By adding the plenum spacer you get better air flow, which results in more hp (not only hp, but it really helps it breath above 4k rpm - without it, the car basically dies; with it, the car snaps to life...even though it's only like 10rwhp gain, it feels like 5x that because of how choked off it was before) and less wear &tear

My Ride
    Grimace

2efn, do you require the copper and or copper isothermal ones here, or just the basic 5/16th spacer as it always says to get the certain ones from motordyne if it snows in your area.

iirc, i went with the one where you plumb in a manual valve .... i just leave it open (or is it closed, hmmm, now I forget) all the time. You won't be able to tell any difference.

My Ride
    2003 G35 Nismo Sedan - Emerald Mist

Sometimes the door actuators will go out.