Quantcast
Place to buy food-safe glass bottles? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Place to buy food-safe glass bottles?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Default Place to buy food-safe glass bottles?

Does anybody know where (local) I can buy some food safe sealing (preferably re-sealable) glass bottles? I would be looking for 5-10 of them and they need to be 250mL-1000mL in size (preferably 500mL).
    Something like this is what I have in mind:

I know some home stores sell decorative ones that just have loose fitting corks to seal the top, I don't know if those are safe to use (and store drinks in) or not? I would guess not.

I am making this:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Shoo...kittles-Vodka/

I've made a couple batches and it is actually pretty cool (as a novelty kind of thing). I was hoping to track down some nice bottles to show it off a bit when I make my next batch.

It would also be awesome if somebody knows where to find some cheaper food safe filters. I am trying to get my skittles vodka nice and clear but using coffee filters and/or paper towels leaves it kind of cloudy still.

I have hit up a couple of places like superstore and walmart already but they seem to either have glass bottles that would not be safe for drinks or they don't carry glass bottles at all. Any tips on where to find them would be appreciated (even better if you have bought something like this before)
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

The first thing that came to mind was a wine kit store. I would imagine they have the food safe filters at the very least.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

That hadn't even crossed my mind

I will drop by a couple today and see what they have / can suggest. Hopefully the filters will be cheap, my wife is starting to get mad about the money I am sinking into delicious delicious skittles vodka
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Have you tasted any of the vodka yet? Hopefully yours turns out better than when I made mine, although the ice luge made it alot easier to drink.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Yeah I made one batch already but filtering it with coffee filters was a big pain. Other than that the stuff is super easy to make and it tastes awesome. Definitely not an every-day drink but great once in a while. You must have it ice cold to drink it, if you have allowed it to warm up then it will be pretty painful to drink.

I haven't found anywhere that is open to grab these things yet but most of the wine kit places will be open during the week and I'll try them then.

haha yea i made this and it took forever to filter it, and i had to do it twice because there was still gunk in it, and i still couldnt get it all, so.....mine was pretty shitty. too syruppy

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Yeah its crazy sweet when its done, but getting all the goo out is key and serving it _ICE_ cold (or colder) is key as well. Apparently cheese cloth is the secret to filtering it (according to a friend who made it on my advice). I'll try that. I heard there is some swedish water that comes in really cool glass bottles for ~$3-4/bottle and they are re-closable. Sounds like that is my ticket, way cheaper than anything I can find in a store. I'll post back with some pics when I finish. My wife brought home some huge bags of skittles last night. Despite her protest on the first batch I think she is excited about it.