ok im tired of hearing this - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ok im tired of hearing this

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Comptech

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

well i wasnt really talking in terms of company, but parts they offer. and yes illisioner your right, but not everyone who saw the movie had the cars that were featured so they modded what they had.
    Having a fast Honda is like winning the special olympics, in the end your still retarded

I don't get what point your trying to make. If your asking why does one company make 5 different styles of exhausts, then ask yourself why Levi's make different styles of jeans. Like it's been said before it's called variety or product mix. Sure they all provide a similar benefit, but they do so at different price points, levels of quality, etc.

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

no it wasnt that either. but it was shown to me why already.
    Having a fast Honda is like winning the special olympics, in the end your still retarded

so is your question basically "why the need for so many parts when some are substantially more better than others in quality?"

(well i hope it is b/c i'll take a jab at it)

in terms of the consumer, you have to be able to segment them into their various categories, which would include people of both sexes ranging from the ages of 16 to like 65 (or wutever)... each age group has different economic factors which will affect whether or not they have the (financial) ability to purchase certain things for their vehicles.

Now let's take into consideration that the average joe likes to just sport a low-ride with some nice 17" rims... he will not likely consider buying a set of Teins, JICs etc etc., coilovers... likely the average joe will probably buy some eibachs (or something else) that is more suited to his needs and financial capability.
    and he will not likely buy a set of high performance light-weight race rims either.
    Now the not so average motorsports competitor may be something of the opposite of the average joe and may require aftermarket products for the exact same vehicle that is of higher quality and build to suit his/her needs that the average joe company may not supply due to their market segmentation.

well that lil blab was just to show that not everyone is out there to buy the BEST quality stuff. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will agree that not every high quality product out there suits their needs and vice versa.
    products are offered all across product lines in order to satisfy many segments. it's the easiest way to penetrate the market when you have a large product mix for people to choose from.

IF ppl wanted to buy high quality stuff, they'd get stuff like Mugen, JIC, Zeal, etc. etc. (in terms of JDM tuning... i'm not so sure about Euro tuning)

every aftermarket company out there has a niche and segment they cater to altho some may have broader segments than others.

---

I remember a few years back that you could almost never find anything for the 240SX.. but after Initial D and also the SCC hype, the aftermarket was pushed to exist for the 240 (which is good and bad in some ways)..

take GTSJeff's AE86.... you are still very hard-pressed to find parts for that car since most of the parts are JDM and much of the parts aren't fabricated here. (this is like premium pricing of the products... so the "high quality" stuff that is like offered)

but i remember that hondas have always had huge aftermarket WAY before TFTF.
    the market may have been more WIDELY recognized, but it has always existed before that movie.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

no doubt i was modding my car before that movie came out.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Ok so what the hell was the point of this post anyway? Needing of some attention? All of our comments you have disagreed with. But yet you ask these stupid questions. I dont get it?

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    V167

Originally posted by shadowz
    Ok so what the hell was the point of this post anyway? Needing of some attention? All of our comments you have disagreed with. But yet you ask these stupid questions. I dont get it?

My Ride
    STI

OK HAPPY MEAL Would you like it if everyone in the world drove the same car in the same color with all the same options? Would you like to see everyone with the exact same jeans and same red shirt??? No one wants to look the same or be the same? that is one reason there is so much variety! quite wasteing our time im not even sure why im posting, this is a retarded thread?

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
    OK HAPPY MEAL Would you like it if everyone in the world drove the same car in the same color with all the same options? Would you like to see everyone with the exact same jeans and same red shirt??? No one wants to look the same or be the same? that is one reason there is so much variety! quite wasteing our time im not even sure why im posting, this is a retarded thread?
    no that had nothing to do with it you fucking retard. i was asking for the reason behind saying that hondas have tons of aftermarket support, because you can get the same parts that you can for hondas that you can get for different cars. but then the answer to that was brought to my attention. and i dont know why your posting in this thread either, it served no purspose whatsoever on your part.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Eric Happy Meal
    i only noticed a big jump in hondas being modded after TFAF, but before that, having am odded honda was unheard of.
    you probably weren't into to cars until after TFAF it seems.
    modified Hondas have been popular for years and years before TFAF was even thought of.

My Ride
    92 VW Fox

not really, i was mostly into the car companies that my dad worked for at the time (VW, Porsche, Audi, and BMW) and old muscle cars.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by thich
    so is your question basically "why the need for so many parts when some are substantially more better than others in quality?"

(well i hope it is b/c i'll take a jab at it)

in terms of the consumer, you have to be able to segment them into their various categories, which would include people of both sexes ranging from the ages of 16 to like 65 (or wutever)... each age group has different economic factors which will affect whether or not they have the (financial) ability to purchase certain things for their vehicles.

Now let's take into consideration that the average joe likes to just sport a low-ride with some nice 17" rims... he will not likely consider buying a set of Teins, JICs etc etc., coilovers... likely the average joe will probably buy some eibachs (or something else) that is more suited to his needs and financial capability.
    and he will not likely buy a set of high performance light-weight race rims either.
    Now the not so average motorsports competitor may be something of the opposite of the average joe and may require aftermarket products for the exact same vehicle that is of higher quality and build to suit his/her needs that the average joe company may not supply due to their market segmentation.

well that lil blab was just to show that not everyone is out there to buy the BEST quality stuff. and i'm sure a lot of ppl will agree that not every high quality product out there suits their needs and vice versa.
    products are offered all across product lines in order to satisfy many segments. it's the easiest way to penetrate the market when you have a large product mix for people to choose from.

IF ppl wanted to buy high quality stuff, they'd get stuff like Mugen, JIC, Zeal, etc. etc. (in terms of JDM tuning... i'm not so sure about Euro tuning)

every aftermarket company out there has a niche and segment they cater to altho some may have broader segments than others.

---

I remember a few years back that you could almost never find anything for the 240SX.. but after Initial D and also the SCC hype, the aftermarket was pushed to exist for the 240 (which is good and bad in some ways)..

take GTSJeff's AE86.... you are still very hard-pressed to find parts for that car since most of the parts are JDM and much of the parts aren't fabricated here. (this is like premium pricing of the products... so the "high quality" stuff that is like offered)

but i remember that hondas have always had huge aftermarket WAY before TFTF.
    the market may have been more WIDELY recognized, but it has always existed before that movie.
    you're a smart dude!
    *hats off*

Originally posted by shadowz
    agreed.

sorry im just whorin' through.... this guy usually makes the most incomparably idiotic posts that borderline on clinical retardation... this thread is no different..

but its always worth a good chuckle!

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Wildcat

agreed.

sorry im just whorin' through.... this guy usually makes the most incomparably idiotic posts that borderline on clinical retardation... this thread is no different..

but its always worth a good chuckle!
    hey go a little easy on the yankee, EH!

My Ride
    08.5 Mazdaspeed 3

This is the same guy who doesn't think 400hp is impressive..... go figure!

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Eric Happy Meal

no that had nothing to do with it you fucking retard. i was asking for the reason behind saying that hondas have tons of aftermarket support, because you can get the same parts that you can for hondas that you can get for different cars. but then the answer to that was brought to my attention. and i dont know why your posting in this thread either, it served no purspose whatsoever on your part.
    dont call other ppl "fucking retards". have some respect.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

This is probably going to be my last post in this thread, but after reading this a couple times you're just contradicting yourself, maybe you should read what you said. Once again it makes no sence

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

you're a smart dude!
    *hats off*
    haha, thanx.
    basic marketing principles - nothing hard actually.

My Ride
    Not a Silvia.

Another thing to consider is a company's point of view: If you're going to develop and manufacture parts, you want to be able to sell them to the largest possible group of people out there. In this case, that's gonna be Honda/Acura owners.

Flip through an import mag and you'll see ads from small companies who offer their product for 'most Honda/Acura applications' or 'Civic and Integra platforms' before they offer anything else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast