Quantcast
Tipping when getting food to go ? - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Tipping when getting food to go ?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Worst is the takeout-only places who have the automatic tip request on their debits. Idiots.
    This pisses me off. And then you have to manually enter 0% tip.

Definitely a good sales tactic though.

I tip for service I get from a waiter/ress. I don't tip for food that came in a brown paper bag that I had to drive over to pick up.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

The automatic debit tip thing is not always the restaurant adding it in. I know the new Moneris machine at my part time job is programmed to ask for a tip, either $$ or %. It is just as much of a pain for us as it is for the customer, it can also be argued that it decreases tips.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by SilverGS

It's actually becoming quite annoying to me.

- Tip % seems to be on the rise. 10% used to be a normal tip. Nowadays its 15% and more and more 20% is becoming the new 15%.
    - Fancy restaurants used to add 15% for parties of 8 or more. Now its 18% for 6 or more.
    - Tip jars popping up in SB's and Fast food places
    - Employees look at you expectedly like you should be giving them a tip for pouring you coffee and "DOING THERE JOB" that they get paid for.

I prefer the Australian way where employers actually pay their employees proper compensation so servers make $13-$15 working at regular restaurants. In turn the restaurant charges the customers more for a meal but the end price is the same as here with tip.

North American society is getting away from what a tip should be IMO. If someone goes out of there way to do something that is not absoluately required by their job to make things better for my experience and what not then sure I have no problem with tipping. If a server just takes my order, drops the food on the table and then is not seen again until the bill shows up, what have they done to deserve anything more than what their job pays them?

I used to feel that it was that way but more and more in the last few years its taken a turn for the worst.
    Best post in this thread

Two words: hell no
    Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Originally posted by ixlr8
    Tip everyone that works a job that you wouldn't want to work.

Be a good human being.

There are typically reasons you are where you are in life, in addition to your hard work. Good luck, wealthy parents, genetic gifts, friendships, etc.

Not everyone who works hard has those things. SO, help them out a little bit, be a positive factor in somebody's life.

The price I pay for an item or service typically goes to people that don't truly need it. The tip I add typically goes to somebody who does truly need it.

Give to everyone that is making your life easier.

Spread wealth, because you can't take it with you when you die on the way home from the take out place.

Or just keep focusing on yourself, and those in your small circle...

I know what I choose.

You gotta be kidding me. I hope you are being sarcastic. Tip everyone who does a job I wouldn't want to work? So by your reasoning I should be tipping engineers, tradesmen, psychologists, and so on.

To move on to ops question, no I do not tip for takeout. If I do tip it will be for quality of service and thats it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6