Quantcast
Insurance claims... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Insurance claims...

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Question Insurance claims...

Well this will be my first claim, and this is turning out to be quite a lengthy process.....

Still waiting to hear word back on when I can bring my car in to get repaired. Called and left msgs to the agent working on the case and I have yet to get a call returned. I have no clue on which shop they want me to bring my car to, nor have I gotten any arrangements on what my means of transportation will be while my car is in the shop. I think I'll most likely be using my rental allowance.

I'm still sore from the accident, so I go to my family doctor where I need to give him a form to fill out from the insurance company, I get a call on my answering machine saying please pay us $50 to fill out a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper . That and I have to go physio where its $120 for an assessment and $50/session. Insurance says, please pay for all medical expenses and keep your receipts....

Great, well I'm a p/t student so no health benefits from school. I just started on a p/t seasonal position at my company so none there either.... I just bought my car 6 months ago, and I'm still financing it.

So in the end, my question is this normal for insurance claims??? I'm paying $4000/yr in insurance and when I get into an accident it takes forever to get any word back from them and somehow they get the idea I'm made of cash and I need to fork out all this cash, that they will supposedly re-imburse me over an indefinate amount of time...
    omgwtfbbq

When i needed to make a claim my insurance company and my own adjustor didn't seem to know what to do. Took a long time and nothing had been done. On the police report was the name of the other guys insurance, i called them, talked to the other guys adjustor and they were really nice and told me everything I had to do.

Could give that a shot.

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Hmm... I'll give that a try tomorrow... apparently the accord that hit me already got his car into the shop last week.
    omgwtfbbq

Well the way it worked for me, was their adjustor said to bring it anywhere I wanted. The bodyshop would do up their estimate and contact him.

He'd look it over and go see the car maybe, if he approved it then they could start with the repairs. I went to A1 Autobody and they approved it no problems.

Good luck

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

if you wernt at fault....then just start contacting the other guys insurance...they help you out more cause their worried your gonna sue em, so if you need shit done, call em.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Expect to fork out a all the expenses out of your own pocket to get better. You will NOT get paid for that until you settle with the insurance company. It's tough if you're broke. There are some injury lawyers that will give you money up front to help you out.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    There are some injury lawyers that will give you money up front to help you out.
    and then take 90% of the settlement.