Quantcast
How to cook breakfast sausages - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: How to cook breakfast sausages

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    My Ride
    Acura TLX SH-AWD
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    10

    Default How to cook breakfast sausages

    I am planning on having a few people over tommorow for breakfast (pancakes and sausages) with Vodka Watermelon and some champagne/OJ.

    I picked up some Daystarter Maple Lilydale Sausages and was just wondering how you cook them? I hear that you can't just throw them on the frying pan on medium heat otherwise they will burn the outside, whats the strategy for cooking up ordinary breakfast sausages?



    Can I cook them on the forman?
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    GrandForks BC
    My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    theres a few ways to cook them, iether pan fry them,put them in the oven or toss them on the bbq( my favorite) my mom frys them a little differant, she put water in the frying pan and it kinda boils/cooks them faster so you dont burn them, then drain water and crisp up if wanted..

    www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    C/AB
    My Ride
    AP1 / CRV
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    i throw some water in the frying pan so they dont burn and then once they've had long enough to cook through the water evaporates and youi fry em up lightly on the outside and voila...or maybe i'm all wrong

    edit: dammit beat me to it, but at least i'm not the only one

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Q50S
    Posts
    6,364
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by 5000Audi
    theres a few ways to cook them, iether pan fry them,put them in the oven or toss them on the bbq( my favorite) my mom frys them a little differant, she put water in the frying pan and it kinda boils/cooks them faster so you dont burn them, then drain water and crisp up if wanted..

    How I do them is add water, just enough to cover them, put on a lid and let them boil and fully cook, sometimes depending on which breakfast sausages they are, I prick a bunch of holes in the sausage so the excess fat can seep out into the boiling water and once fully cooked, I drain the water, and then crisp them up in the pan again


    If you have a steam tray, that would be the easiest and less fuss to do
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    planet earth.
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    if they are raw, i would add just *a bit* of water (a couple mm deep) to the pan as another poster suggested. this will allow the inside to cook without charring the outside. you want to add just enough water to cook the inside, so that when the water evaporates, you can fry the outside to a nice crisp. you can also add a bit of water and a lid, to more evenly cook the outside, and give it a shake once and a while to stir it up. but 7you don't want any water in there during the end when crisping the outside.

    EDIT: after reading, i realize this is similar to dj rice's comments, except i think covering them in water will take longer to heat, and poking holes will release the fat, which i think is majorly impt to the flavour

    you want to add enough water to steam them, not boil them.
    Last edited by nonlinear; 04-16-2009 at 11:10 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    YWG
    Posts
    3,109
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I boil them first and drain the water.

    Then I fry them in a little bit of butter.

    Much better then just frying them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    chop them up and make hash with them

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    deep fry ftw! (gonna stink your house up if you do it inside)
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    planet earth.
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by legendboy
    deep fry ftw! (gonna stink your house up if you do it inside)
    aahahhahhhahahhahahhaha NASTY!!!!!! i think some restaurants do this with their bacon strips, too

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally posted by nonlinear


    aahahhahhhahahhahahhaha NASTY!!!!!! i think some restaurants do this with their bacon strips, too
    If by nasty you mean disgusting yet delicious, I agree.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    planet earth.
    Posts
    522
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yes, i'm pretty sure that's what i mean. but i still don't think i'd cook 'em that way hahah.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    oh man deep fryed bacon and sausage is pure win
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Can you deep fry something in butter? Cuz I think only that would be better.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    naw butters smoke point is too low

    but i agree, if it were possible it would be better
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    a trick that most people don't seem to know is deep frying/frying stuff in crisco instead of oil doesn't stink up your house at all

    the down side is that it has a fairly low smoke point compaired to oil. but I do all my fried chicken in crisco. it tastes better also.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    wrx wagon
    Posts
    331
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I cook em the same way everyone has said. But for extra flavour, once they're cooked and crispy, turn the heat low/off, get some maple syrup and pour a small bit on the sausages. Stir em around for about half a minute to glaze the sausages and caramelize the syrup a bit, then serve them. Sooo good

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,261
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Damnit, i wanna leave work, buy some Easy Morning Sausages and fry em up... I hate working through lunch

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    not that they're not salty enough, but steaming would retain the most flavours. of course then char it up

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgarian Living in Edmonton
    My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Q50S
    Posts
    6,364
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by nonlinear
    if they are raw, i would add just *a bit* of water (a couple mm deep) to the pan as another poster suggested. this will allow the inside to cook without charring the outside. you want to add just enough water to cook the inside, so that when the water evaporates, you can fry the outside to a nice crisp. you can also add a bit of water and a lid, to more evenly cook the outside, and give it a shake once and a while to stir it up. but 7you don't want any water in there during the end when crisping the outside.

    EDIT: after reading, i realize this is similar to dj rice's comments, except i think covering them in water will take longer to heat, and poking holes will release the fat, which i think is majorly impt to the flavour

    you want to add enough water to steam them, not boil them.

    I know poking holes takes all the flavor away but have you seen how much oil comes out of those sausages if you do poke holes...its disgusting....
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

    Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Jose/Redondo Beach, CA
    My Ride
    98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I always barbecue sausages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did I Cook My Amp?

    By Mar in forum In Car Entertainment / Electronics
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-25-2006, 10:24 PM
  2. Dane Cook...TOO FUNNY!!!!

    By dezinr in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 21
    Latest Threads: 05-22-2006, 01:33 PM
  3. What should i cook?

    By Justing in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
  4. Dane Cook

    By heinz256 in forum Misc. Gallery
    Replies: 16
    Latest Threads: 12-15-2005, 09:46 PM
  5. How to cook rice in 9 easy minutes!

    By yohan4ws in forum Performance Modifications
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 02-16-2005, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •