Quantcast
Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight? - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

At least this guy is honest, at no point in time do I think he ever mentioned earning money because there isnt any to be made. He even specifically says he only sells to family lol.

Originally posted by nonofyobiz

I don't think it's right that you guys are posting peoples names in here like the stockdale guy and Jon Tychollis (sp?) like they are bad people and trying to scam everyone and you should be leery of them.
    This is exactly why we should be posting their names here.

I may try to put together an info post on Amway because it's actually a great company.
    Please do put together a write up on Amway and post it in this thread so that we can...critique.

Lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Nonofyobiz, sure let's go discuss Amway shall we? A lot of the negativity on here comes from me as you may have noticed. I'm quite well versed in that organization, so please inform my ignorant self as to what I've apparently missed seeming that it really is a decent worthwhile company.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

It is honestly hilarious how these types always say "have the balls to own your own business" or "build a business. These types of things are for uneducated fools who have absolutely no idea what business is. Any person that is business minded will open a business with a good idea or something they are passionate about, not some loser selling snake oil that signs you up as his minion.

Seriously, get a real job, save some cash and open a real business.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

(this was at Rage)

Fuck, his face when he says Amway, classic.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    96 jrsc 'teg gsr

Not proud of this, but I was a victim of this long long time ago. I was new to Canada, fresh off the boat, when the couple who owned a video/convenience store I regularly buy things from convinced me to "invest" $500. I can't remember how much the supposedly return was, but all I had to do was to get other people to invest. So, went to the nearest atm I could find and took out the money....from my credit card. We'd regularly meet, hosted by the couple, on a Tuesday at their house in Rundle and every time spring rolls were served. Long story short, I didn't see any of money back and those spring rolls were the most expensive spring rolls I'd ever eaten. Few months later, their store closed and the couple are no where to be found (perhaps retired early and went back to the Philippines I don't know).

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Nonofyobiz, sure let's go discuss Amway shall we? A lot of the negativity on here comes from me as you may have noticed. I'm quite well versed in that organization, so please inform my ignorant self as to what I've apparently missed seeming that it really is a decent worthwhile company.
    which organization are you well versed in? Amway, WWDB, or my direct line of sponsorship? Obviously you don't know anything about the ppl i work with, or their values - so what about Amway? What do you know about the company or WWDB? There are many positive things to be said about the whole thing, most of the negative only comes from the experience with the specific people. Like i said, every industry and company has shitty people, its' kind of silly to brand the whole industry becuase of a bad experience with a certain person.

If you can't see how the money is made then you haven't paid attention to the business plan and aren't well versed in it.

Amway was investigated by the FCC in the 70's (I believe) and found to be a sound and fair business model. Maybe you should bring up your concerns with them....or the BBB?

My Ride
    NC1

lmao. I loved that movie Go haha

Same shit different pile. Selling things to people. OK. However any promises of being your own boss, retiring early etc. etc. throw in alienating all your friends into the pile. Everyone I know who has associated with these things I have yet to see that big house or nice car so suck it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

which organization are you well versed in? Amway, WWDB, or my direct line of sponsorship? Obviously you don't know anything about the ppl i work with, or their values - so what about Amway?

If you can't see how the money is made then you haven't paid attention to the business plan and aren't well versed in it.
    I also dont know the difference other than the fact that all these pyramid schemes are the same at making false promises.

I see how they make money. It's through suckering recruits through various fees and seminars. You know it's a scam when they are more focused on recruiting instead of selling the actual base product they are supposed to market. How can any legit business be sustainable with more sales folk than product demand?

Still waiting for that write up to prove us otherwise.
    Last edited by nobb; 07-19-2015 at 05:07 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

The easy answer is go live it for a year then report back on your findings. Good luck!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by nobb
    You know it's a scam when they are more focused on recruiting instead of selling the actual base product
    Pyramid scheme, illegal. Pyramid scheme under the guise of selling some nonsense, legit. Throw in a bunch of ra ra you can control your own destiny bullshit and you pretty much have every one of these things.

I asked how a cousin of mine out East was doing since having a baby in her mid teens. My Mom says "Oh she's doing well, she's got her own business selling nutritional supplements". I said, so she's got a trunk full of shit nobody wants and she can't sell. Mom laughed and said "ya that and a lot less friends"
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

I also don't know the difference other than the fact that all these pyramid schemes are the same at making false promises.

I see how they make money. It's through suckering recruits through various fees and seminars. You know it's a scam when they are more focused on recruiting instead of selling the actual base product they are supposed to market. How can any legit business be sustainable with more sales folk than product demand?

Still waiting for that write up to prove us otherwise.
    you don't understand how legit direct selling businesses work.

What you describe is in fact an illegal pyramid scheme. Usually you have to pay a large fee up front, with no product or service being sold and the money flows up. I am not involved in anything like this so can't really say anything about it.

http://www.amway.ca

A+ rating with the BBB
    http://www.bbb.org/western-michigan/...da-mi-17004933

Defining Pyramid and Why Amway Isn't One
    http://www.iboai.com/en/resources/ib...mway-isn-t-one

http://www.ibofacts.com/en/

Amway is a privately held company (no shareholders to answer to).
    Amway is the No. 1 direct selling company in the world and had sales of $10.8 billion for the year ending December 31, 2014 and operates in over 100 countries.

All Amway products come with a no questions asked, 180 day money back guarantee. Show me another company that will stand behind their product like that!

A company founded on the values of Freedom, Family, Hope, and Reward.
    https://www.amway.ca/about-amway/our...s-fundamentals

Jay Van Andel was a past Chairman of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, followed by is son Steve Van Andel, the only father son combo to hold the position.

Vision and Values
    https://www.amway.ca/about-amway/our...ion-and-values

Amway has created the One by One campaign for children. "Over the last 10 years, Amway One by One has bettered the lives of more than 10 million children. - See more at: http://www.amwayonebyone.com/about-a....802lFbcE.dpuf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-zaGqSns8

Amway built a childrens hospital in michigan...
    http://www.helendevoschildrens.org/O...isionandValues

Artistry is in the top five selling premium skin care brands globally.
    -sponsored Miss America pageant

Nutrilite is the world’s leading brand of vitamin, mineral and dietary supplements and has been around for 80 years. Nutrilite® is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest, and process plants on our own organic farms.
    https://www.amway.ca/Shop/ResourceCe...=3805973847001
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UZpRfsk_cE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5BWxMYYyDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTtO_z511S4

To make money is simple build a team big enough and you'll make the money, there's no mystery about it, it's as simple as that. The difficult part is dealing with people and that is where the training, mentorship and personal development come in. That is a huge part of it because it's pretty tough to do it all on your own and figure it all out by yourself. The potential is huge and just depends on how much work you want to put into it. This type of business doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to run, overhead is peanuts compared to traditional businesses, therefore there is almost zero risk. If you build a big business and create leaders in your organization then it truely becomes a debt free cash flow asset and legacy business (can be passed on to your children).

ya ...its a scam...right. To lump this company in with illegal pyramid schemes is just ignorant and shows you don't know anything about it.
    I dunno like there's a ton of more information out there, all you have to do is look for it.

Every business opportunity should be evaluated properly and on it's own. with direct selling businesses you have to evaluate the business, the products, the compensation plan (does it make sense?), and also the people that you would potentially be working with.

The easy answer is go live it for a year then report back on your findings. Good luck!
    haha like i said, I don't know yet if I can actually build this thing, but even if I did build a decent business I'm sure you guys would believe me.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-14-2019 at 12:48 PM.

haha like i said, I don't know yet if I can actually build this thing, but even if I did build a decent business I'm sure you guys would believe me.
    I feel really bad for you You drank that koolaid and now you are lost...

Man I went to these things once because a gf of mine dragged me into going because her "friend" invited her. Holy fuck... I was the only person in the room not in the looney bin. Everyone was buying that shit hook line and sinker. Never have I ever felt that weirded out. At some point you start wondering if maybe you are the crazy one because everyone else is listening to this shit like it actually makes sense.

After this experience it gave me a really good understanding of how cults operate and recruit members. Was really eye opening actually to watch the guys work the crowd and pander on the crowds feelings/insecurities. Reminded me how common it is to have people who are involved in sales abuse human psychology and how we are all potentially vulnerable to the same manipulation.

The one I ended up at was Asian themed. Pandered to a lot of Asian stereotypes. Pushing stuff like taking care of their parents. Saying shit like your parents will tell you this is crazy but you are better educated than them now and you need to strike out on your own. Etc... Etc...

All in all bizarre ville.

Favorite part of the night was when the host drew a diagram that was effectively a quadratic tree diagram in an attempt to show that Amway was not a pyramid scheme. Which was hilarious since my field of study was pretty math heavy and a tree is by definition a pyramid if reorganized.

He drew something like this:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by mazdavirgin; 07-19-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Don't feel sorry for me lol I'm fine. In my experience there is no one trying to take advantage of anyone.
    If you want to know how the money is made then research yourself ....its on the website. Otherwise your just trolling me. I'm just saying there are decent opportunities out there.p

My Ride
    Ford F150

they are more focused on recruiting instead of selling the actual base product they are supposed to market. How can any legit business be sustainable with more sales folk than product demand?.

Its not a scam. Its just not sustainable. I'm willing to bet the majority of their sales are to their own salesmen.

I've had a dozen people pitch Amway at me. I've had 0 try to sell me product.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast