Quantcast
Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight? - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 423

Thread: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My offer still stands and I hope for the plot twist, @ZorroAMG hand delivers me that cheque, I cash it and we make it rain at the Beyond 20 year party. Eligible members to attend have to be registered before that initial investment thread was posted. You don't wanna miss this party (if it goes down) lol
    The only rain happening will be from the clouds lol Your moneys gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Aspen
    My Ride
    F-Sport
    Posts
    10,278
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only rain happening will be from the clouds lol Your moneys gone
    I wrote it off years ago. Let this be a lesson for the next gen Beyond ballers looking to make it big. Beyond and the internet never forgets!

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Education doesn’t have to come from a post secondary institution. Can be as simple as buying a book, or taking one off courses in areas of interest, etc
    Very true!! Best form of education is generally not from post secondary(unless you want to be a doctor or lawyer).

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,376
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    When I saw MLM - my first thought was Andrew YIP - yiptech ... LOL

    Back when he rented the ice (with 30 skaters per bench, ugh - for profit no doubt) he used to steal the puck from his teammates on the ice who were just out there learning the sport.

    Great tool for MLM recruitment!!

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,737
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    You know what's funny.. With weed being legal and soon market being filled with CBD products and competitors, there will be MLMs for CBD.

    Sidenote: I'm saddened that Charlotte's Web (CWEB) is going this route.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    Ford F150
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what's funny.. With weed being legal and soon market being filled with CBD products and competitors, there will be MLMs for CBD.

    Sidenote: I'm saddened that Charlotte's Web (CWEB) is going this route.
    It could be YOUR MLM. Do it. We'll all get in on the ground floor and be rich.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what's funny.. With weed being legal and soon market being filled with CBD products and competitors, there will be MLMs for CBD.

    Sidenote: I'm saddened that Charlotte's Web (CWEB) is going this route.
    There has been CBD MLM's for a long time now already.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Can we have MLM MOMs? Wait, aren't most mlms just moms anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Both Penis and Mister completely miss what makes a MLM a MLM.

    And that is the fact that the parent company overwhelmingly makes money by sucking in suckers into buying a product that will never sell, and using psychological trickery to get idiots to buy into it (easy money! No time!)

    Major companies approach retailers to sell their products, and said retailers sell said product based on research telling them there is value.

    MLM does not do this. Hence, it is a scam when your customers are your employees and their customers are new enployees they bring on.

    What is so difficult to understand about this?

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both Penis and Mister completely miss what makes a MLM a MLM.

    And that is the fact that the parent company overwhelmingly makes money by sucking in suckers into buying a product that will never sell, and using psychological trickery to get idiots to buy into it (easy money! No time!)

    Major companies approach retailers to sell their products, and said retailers sell said product based on research telling them there is value.

    MLM does not do this. Hence, it is a scam when your customers are your employees and their customers are new enployees they bring on.

    What is so difficult to understand about this?
    What you describe is a legit illegal business model if the only customers are sign ups. Although I actually did mention these things as they do apply to a portion of the business of any MLM. But if you're not moving any legitimate customer volume, your business will be investigated by the SEC once it hits a certain cash flow, and it will be shutdown. The psychological trickery as you call it, does not happen at the parent company level. The parent company is nothing more than a product supply company. It's the IBO's that form child companies, and utilize shady tactics to move product.

    The products aren't necessarily shit just because the company is structured as an MLM. Look at Scentsy for example. It's a good product and lots of people love it. They would have no problem being sold off the shelf at Wal-Mart. But maybe they just didn't have 5 million dollars to start a marketing campaign and get the business doing enough volume to get into a big box store in the first place. In that case you can go the MLM route, and have motivated people move your product for you and pay them commission.

    Not by any means saying that is all MLM's. Plenty of cases of someone starting an MLM with a junk product just to make a few million bucks on the initial hype of a new thing, and then letting it fizzle out since shitty products don't last. But that's not confined to MLM's. How many BS junior mining companies among other things, starts an IPO for a stock in a company that's worth nothing. Only to sell their stock off when the initial hype starts to wear off, and then bankrupt the company. happens all the time.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    by the SEC
    Everything is and isn't security fraud. Yawn, lets move on.

    MLM's are scams, period. Even one you portray as successful is a scam.

    If you can retail in store, you do it. If your product is shit, you don't. There is a company in Saskatchewan that manufacturers some widget that was on Dragon's Den, and they got into major retailers very quick with shit that started from being made in their garage/shop IIRC. I have retailers for our products for crying out loud.

    Paying people to recruit other people is a scam. Straight up. Lord you are delusional

    The multi-level marketing (MLM) model that Scentsy uses has been criticized since the overwhelming majority of MLM participants (most sources estimated to be over 99.25% of all MLM distributors) participate at either an insignificant or nil net profit.[17] Indeed, the largest proportion of participants must operate at a net loss (after expenses are deducted) so that the few individuals in the uppermost level of the MLM pyramid can derive their significant earnings. Said earnings are then emphasized by the MLM company to all other participants to encourage their continued participation at a continuing financial loss.[18]

    In particular, Scentsy has been criticized for targeting military spouses in the United States, who often find it hard to find traditional employment, since they have to move frequently for their spouses's career.[19][20][21] The military humor site Duffel Blog satirized this practice by announcing the creation of SCENTCOM, "focused on unifying efforts of highly scented products sold on military bases through 'consultants.'" [22]

    Consultants often find it hard to make money by selling Scentsy products. According to its 2015 income disclosure statement[14], about 66,000 or 65% of active Scentsy consultants receive an average of $463.34 per year, before expenses. The top 200 or about 0.2% consultants, earned an average of $113,363.98, with the highest income earner making nearly 1 million dollars.[23] According to a military.com article, it takes most consultants over four years to earn a yearly income equivalent to working three and a half hours per week at minimum wage, not counting business expenses.[19] The blog Bottlesoup calculates that a consultant will have to sell 639 Scentsy products per month in order to earn the equivalent of a full-time, minimum wage job.[24] An analysis by the The Finance Guy blog, claims that 99.45% of Scentsy consultants were not able to earn a full-time income.[3]

    Scentsy was profiled in a study about the rhetoric used by companies in the 'direct selling industry'.[25] Scentsy's recruitment material was noted to emphasize personal agency within the context of Bormann's fantasy theme analysis and convergence theory.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    1,275
    Rep Power
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both Penis and Mister completely miss what makes a MLM a MLM.

    And that is the fact that the parent company overwhelmingly makes money by sucking in suckers into buying a product that will never sell, and using psychological trickery to get idiots to buy into it (easy money! No time!)

    Major companies approach retailers to sell their products, and said retailers sell said product based on research telling them there is value.

    MLM does not do this. Hence, it is a scam when your customers are your employees and their customers are new enployees they bring on.

    What is so difficult to understand about this?
    Yes. As mentioned before, it's as much or less of a scam than: GNC, Money Mart, "bumper to bumper warranty", college textbooks, rust proofing, V-Power ++++ with #Nitro, weight loss books, genuine real leather furniture, big cock pills, Uber, Microsoft software licensing, below cost electronics, airport improvement fees, restless leg syndrome, violent companion animals, etc etc etc etc etc.
    Yet... MLM's are vilified as the diseased sperm of Satan while all this other shit is pumped down our throats all day, every day.
    Oh, but sensible examples and reasonable arguments can just be dismissed as "Nope. #Whataboutisms. #FakeNews #SafeSpaces" when one is too blinded by hate.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything is and isn't security fraud. Yawn, lets move on.

    MLM's are scams, period. Even one you portray as successful is a scam.

    If you can retail in store, you do it. If your product is shit, you don't. There is a company in Saskatchewan that manufacturers some widget that was on Dragon's Den, and they got into major retailers very quick with shit that started from being made in their garage/shop IIRC. I have retailers for our products for crying out loud.

    Paying people to recruit other people is a scam. Straight up. Lord you are delusional
    Paying people to recruit is scam? Oh wait I already said that, but good on you for reposting. If understanding business makes me delusional then so be it. Not sure what the little quip about Scentsy's pay structure has to do with anything? I most certainly never defended their IBO's business tactics or their commission structure. They were purely an example of a product that could easily be successful in stores.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    My friends wife just got into a MLM. And my wife bought some stuff from her. Luckily she isn't too interested in being a seller or anything and didn't really like the product.

    Dodged a bullet there.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    BIG NEWS!!!! Even though I wasn't able to make the VIP event Tuesday, which was supposed to be the ONLY ONE they were planning to have, the lord must be looking out for me, because they have another VIP EVENT this Saturday morning and I'm invited if I can 100% commit to attending! Sadly, I'm out of town this weekend, but . . . .

    "Okay! If you know anyone with 10-15 hours a week, work ethic and great people skills interested in a passive income stream of $5k to $10k a month from people’s bills, please refer them to me. Have an amazing day!"

    So please PM me for details of this amazing opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  16. #376
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, but sensible examples and reasonable arguments can just be dismissed as "Nope. #Whataboutisms. #FakeNews #SafeSpaces" when one is too blinded by hate.
    Because your "sensible examples" are the literal definition of whataboutisms. Have you considered that maybe your entire argument is founded on bullshit?

  17. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. As mentioned before, it's as much or less of a scam than: GNC, Money Mart, "bumper to bumper warranty", college textbooks, rust proofing, V-Power ++++ with #Nitro, weight loss books, genuine real leather furniture, big cock pills, Uber, Microsoft software licensing, below cost electronics, airport improvement fees, restless leg syndrome, violent companion animals, etc etc etc etc etc.
    Yet... MLM's are vilified as the diseased sperm of Satan while all this other shit is pumped down our throats all day, every day.
    Oh, but sensible examples and reasonable arguments can just be dismissed as "Nope. #Whataboutisms. #FakeNews #SafeSpaces" when one is too blinded by hate.
    None of these have people sell products to other people to sell the products to other people to...

    Are they bad or shitty companies that sell snake oil? Sure. That truly is a whatabout, because we aren't talking about snake oil. We are talking about Multi-Level-Marketing, which doesn't generate any economic benefit and is simply a wealthtransfer from new employees to old ones.

    How do you NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

  18. #378
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    827
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    You guys are wasting your time trying to talk sense into these guys, one of my best friends was sucked into primerica years ago and he was so brainwashed that no matter what we told or showed him he was not believing it. Thankfully the life cycle of primerica/wfg/bozosrus is pretty short so he came to soon enough and we were able to have normal conversations again instead of him harassing me to switch over to him lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  19. #379
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are wasting your time trying to talk sense into these guys, one of my best friends was sucked into primerica years ago and he was so brainwashed that no matter what we told or showed him he was not believing it. Thankfully the life cycle of primerica/wfg/bozosrus is pretty short so he came to soon enough and we were able to have normal conversations again instead of him harassing me to switch over to him lol
    And what "sense" would you say we need talked into us? I am not part of an MLM. I don't suggest anyone else sign up for one. By all accounts it seems like we are all in agreement here.

    But I studied MLM's pretty thoroughly when I was introduced to a few of them and their claims, and it's clear not many others have. They have a lot of bad aspects to them, but to just ignorantly spout things that you've heard other people say and jump on the bash wagon without knowing what you're talking about, makes you just that, ignorant. My guess is a good portion of you guys were about to become suckers yourself, and then when you went to tell your friends and family and started hearing "Pyramid Scheme!!" "Scam!" "You're an idiot for getting into this!" your ego buckled, you backed out, and started repeating the same things to everyone else you met.

  20. #380
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And what "sense" would you say we need talked into us? I am not part of an MLM. I don't suggest anyone else sign up for one. By all accounts it seems like we are all in agreement here.

    But I studied MLM's pretty thoroughly when I was introduced to a few of them and their claims, and it's clear not many others have. They have a lot of bad aspects to them, but to just ignorantly spout things that you've heard other people say and jump on the bash wagon without knowing what you're talking about, makes you just that, ignorant. My guess is a good portion of you guys were about to become suckers yourself, and then when you went to tell your friends and family and started hearing "Pyramid Scheme!!" "Scam!" "You're an idiot for getting into this!" your ego buckled, you backed out, and started repeating the same things to everyone else you met.
    LOL do you honestly believe you're the only person capable of using Google?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A few of us are meeting up tonight

    By CUG in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 09-15-2008, 06:41 PM
  2. Meeting person in real, after meeting online

    By GSR2700 ISX in forum General
    Replies: 40
    Latest Threads: 03-09-2007, 11:20 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 06-15-2005, 04:49 PM
  4. What do u guys think of this colour scheme?

    By sexualbanana in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 19
    Latest Threads: 12-09-2002, 03:32 PM
  5. Meeting place/time for deposits tonight?

    By Fuji in forum Events and Meets
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 08-09-2002, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •