Quantcast
Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Did Andrew Yip get his Black Series yet? Because I'm pretty sure it's sold out by now.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'm so glad I don't get approached by these people anymore... Now a days everyone's selling something. The wife gets pitched a new idea ever couple of weeks from all the ladies In her office... It's ridiculous now how many diff ideas get thrown her way.

A friend out east started up with rodanandfields.com mlm scheme... Apparently they created that zit creme that's always on TV and are launching a new product. She's definitely not the dumb type and yet she jumped on that opportunity due to It being in the early stages of launching in canada. Never thought I'd see the successful types jump on those types of businesses.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Ugh, I had a good friend get involved with ACN. I have to avoid him like the plague because everytime I run into him he just tries to pour me a glass of the Kool-Aid. I just can't handle it or him anymore.

I remember having a coffee when 2 people were getting pitched acn. That crap is so old I had heard about it 5 yrs earlier when they were claiming video phones aka landlines were the way of the future. lolz. When I gave my 2 cents to that couple the person giving the pitch got pretty aggressive and angry... Blamed my negativity for not having made any money.

He missed the part where I had never signed up to begin with.

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Hit up the ol' AMWAY meeting for the first time last night. It was nuts. I lasted an hour.

I was approached at the gym by a guy named Jon Stockdale. He talked about how he'd been mentored by some wealthy individuals and was looking at retiring in 2-5 years (Jon is about 29?). I pressed him for more information to see if it was MLM based, but he just said he'd discuss more over coffee with me.

Fast forward a week later. I'm sitting down with Jon and his wife Julie. They've just concluded a meet and greet with another "gen-y'er" and have another one lined up after me. They spend two hours attempting to trigger emotional responses with wild, bold statements like: "I'm going to retire my parents" "With an open mind, anything is possible" "Wouldn't you love to pay for the tab every time?". Shit like that. Talking about being extremely wealthy, but only working 4 hours a week. Talking about taking a 6 month vacation whenever you want.

They don't mention AMWAY though. 2 hours of talking like this and then they tee you up for a 'meet and greet' with some of their 'affluent mentors'.

So I show up last night to 208 Midplace Park SE. I park my car - the street is packed. I enter the house - it stinks of yuppie. Everyone is wearing their nicest suit. Everyone is so PLEASED to meet you. The energy is almost sickeningly positive - it's delirious. I walk down to the basement, where 100 folding chairs are set up, and at the front stands a well dressed 20-something, exuding so much charisma you'd almost think the whole place was filled with actors.

The presentation begins with this guy (let's call him Mr. Perfect) nailing every single emotional trigger that could be relevant to a gen-y individual. He talks about working hard and making the Boss money. He talks about inheriting the lake house, but having no time to visit. He talks about 60 hour work weeks, and the strain it puts on family life. He basically identifies with the audience as much as possible, building trust and common ground.

Jon and Julie sit in front of me. Jon kisses Julie occasionally, and I can almost read their minds. They are convinced that they have found the answer to life. They are convinced that they will retire their parents, and spend little to no time generating a massive income that affords them an exuberant life style. Jon turns around, looks and me and smiles "You look really sharp tonight, Mike".

The presentation starts. Mr. Perfect starts talking about AMWAY. I look around. Everyone is entranced. Everyone appears to believe every word coming out of his mouth. It reminds me of a sermon, or a political rally. I can't take anymore. I lean forward and whisper to Jon "This isn't for me. I'm leaving".

As I leave I walk all over this black guy sitting in the corner of the basement steps. I apologize that I couldn't see him. I leave feeling liberated. Anything is possible. I've benefited from Mr. Perfects pep-talk without buying into his bullshit. It's almost ironic.
    I woulda just told him to fuck right off from the word go lol then again it could make it interesting for a guy like me to attend one of those things in flip flops and camo shorts, with the filter turned right off lol

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Can someone please.... take me to one of these events. I need a good laugh.

My Ride
    rally pig

wish i would get invited more often as well

went for a walk with a buddy couple of months ago since we havent seen or talked to each other for years, he starts asking me how I'm doing with life, work, mortgage and debt

moments later he starts mentioning how he's taking these seminars in the evening, about a new business opportunity and how he can become succesfull and rich soon after.
    since i never hinted any interest on his new venture, he hasn't called me since

i'm not a beyond baller or rich but one thing i've learned from friends and mistakes in the past is to not spend money that you don't have

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

everytime I go to Higher Ground for coffee, at least one MLM is being pitched at one of the tables.

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by taemo
    wish i would get invited more often as well

went for a walk with a buddy couple of months ago since we havent seen or talked to each other for years, he starts asking me how I'm doing with life, work, mortgage and debt

moments later he starts mentioning how he's taking these seminars in the evening, about a new business opportunity and how he can become succesfull and rich soon after.
    since i never hinted any interest on his new venture, he hasn't called me since
    Oh haven't you heard? Everybody and anybody can retire in a measily two years. Happens all the time, to the 0.000001% of people that join, that the organization is amazing at flaunting stating "it happens to everybody" . That whole time estimate they profess is horrifically off. Most people (that work exceptionally hard at it) can make a somewhat comfortable living in about 5 years. By somewhat comfortable, I mean 30k/year... which is fuck all. The problem is, it's a full time job, sitting back and "letting the money roll in" doesn't actually happen.

If someone was to compare the work involved vs. Income, it would be far far worse then a minimum wage type job pouring coffee at Tim's or the like. It's a fucking sad joke.... I feel so sorry for those that get involved.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Solid bump. Surprised Jon and Julie are still at it! That was one of the most experiences I've ever had.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Oh haven't you heard? Everybody and anybody can retire in a measily two years. Happens all the time, to the 0.000001% of people that join, that the organization is amazing at flaunting stating "it happens to everybody" . That whole time estimate they profess is horrifically off.

When my buddy started with ACN two or three years ago now, he told me he was going to make $1,000,000.00 in the first year! I think he actually ended up making something like -$2000.00 paying out of pocket for friends and family to signup underneath him.

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Solid bump. Surprised Jon and Julie are still at it! That was one of the most experiences I've ever had.
    Anyone know how Jon and Julie are actually doing? I swear these guys are truly professional in how they present and organized themselves. Not like most other (desperate) MLM folk.

They claimed to be looking at Mercedes and Lambos in the near future but Jon actually drives a beat up Volvo.

My Ride
    NC1

The friends who sign up for this shit and quit, refuse to acknowledge it and disappear. OWN IT. lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by nobb

They claimed to be looking at Mercedes and Lambos in the near future but Jon actually drives a beat up Volvo.
    That is the quintessential calling card of anybody involved in one of these MLM's. Touring Mercedes & exotic car dealerships, visiting multimillion dollar show homes.... since "their going to own one of them in the near future". Oh okay, let me know how that goes same with sticking it out at these goof jobs until they "make it big with this thing and retire" fast forward several years they're still at the same job driving the same car. . You'll see nothing but this in these groups, absolutely never any less. Apparently even these snot nosed kids fresh out of high school will be rolling in a 'Rari in no time

It's all about 'feeding the dream' to make the endless bullshit of these MLM'S somewhat more livable. Somehow the endless spending the members of these groups have to endure and countless fruitless hours spent doing the legwork is just that more justified if you believe in a short time you too can be living the life. Thats why they keep feeding the fire and encouraging people to get a taste for what will "soon be theirs".... only, it never will be.... ever

But of course they absolutely refuse to allow you to think logically that by looking around you, you can very quickly see that never actually happens... just a vast array of hopes and wishes....
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 07-02-2015 at 06:14 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by KRyn
    Ugh, I had a good friend get involved with ACN. I have to avoid him like the plague because everytime I run into him he just tries to pour me a glass of the Kool-Aid. I just can't handle it or him anymore.
    I had a buddy that got into ACN over a decade ago. The guy signed up everyone in his family including his own grandmother for ACN .

I just want to add my 2 cents here and possibly give a different viewpoint and defend Amway a little bit. Last year my wife and I started an Amway business and I just think you guys are unfairly bashing it and calling it a scheme when that just isn't true. Direct marketing businesses are now a legit and fairly mainstream way for people to have a business. There are alot shady 'opportunities' that are in fact illegal or just suck and they go away rather quickly.
    No doubt there are crappy people involved in these businesses, but there are also crappy, creepy, annoying people that work at walmart....and you don't blame Walmart for their existence right? So please don't judge the entire business based on your experience of one person, or a forum webpage, or some guys blog etc

All I can speak about is Amway and an organization called World Wide Dream Builders (WWDB).
    Amway is basically just a supplier. WWDB is a training and mentorship company. I wasn't blind to this stuff - my brother in law tried to build an Amway business years ago with an organization called Britt World Wide (another training organization - there are lots of them). Also my mom has been involved with a couple different businesses just buying products. So not my first run in with MLM's.

A lot of the approaches you guys have brought up, ya I can definitely see happening and ya some can be annoying, but that is part of the process. Contacting and forming relationships is the difficult part. The reason why people will try to lead you into it and get you to what's called a board plan, without bringing up the name is because people like to put things in a box and make judgments on them without having all the information. IF you were told it's Amway right off the bat without having the proper information and perspective then you'll probably resort to researching the business by reading blogs or forums - and from that form an uneducated negative opinion on it.

Honestly i understand the skepticism, but that is just because you lack information. We are looking for people who are looking for an alternative and if your not 'looking' for anything then of course you'll find something wrong with it. So being approached in various situations is just how the business is built and for every 20 ppl who have absolutely no interest there may be 1 that is and that wants to build a business. I know for a fact that the leadership in WWDB does not have a get rich quick approach and that everyone can do it and that it's easy. The opposite actually, we are told it's not easy, it's incredibly difficult...but if you do what's taught then you can have the result. That's the beauty of it,...the business is all about duplication and you just have to do what the person who went before you did, and you can have what they have.

Being a part of WWDB, there is alot more to offer than just a a rinky dink retail business. The only retail I do is to my family and I sell to them at my cost, then I use the products myself.
    I think the personal development and mentorship available through WWDB is a great opportunity. No one is trying to scam you out of all your money. One of the biggest things they teach is to get on a budget and work on getting debt free.

What we do is take people through a qualification/learning process which takes 4-6 weeks. That's how long it takes for someone to get all the information and really get a feel for what it's all about, if at anytime you decide it's not for you, then fine, doesn't cost you anything....at least you educated yourself on what's available. If you do decide to launch a business it's peanuts compared to what it costs to run a real business. We really don't want people who aren't serious about building the business to sign up because it just ends up being a waste of time and money.

You really just have to hear a few different people talk...none of it is really trying to hype you up and get you all excited so that you sign up - i never got that feeling at all.

I don't think it's right that you guys are posting peoples names in here like the stockdale guy and Jon Tychollis (sp?) like they are bad people and trying to scam everyone and you should be leery of them. I don't know this Stockdale guy at all, not sure if I've heard his name, but I do know Jon Tychollis (I am NOT in his line of sponsorship) and he seems to me to be an awesome guy. I think you should also know that he recently did retire from his job because now he is making more part time than he was at his job. not that he is rich or anything but if you could survive on $$ from a part time effort, why would you go to work? Why not talk to these guys directly and bring up your concerns with THEM instead of bringing up their names in a negative light on a forum post. You might actually get the answer

It's pretty difficult to explain the mindset and mentality behind the whole thing, but if your actually willing to be open minded and learn about Amway + WWDB and see it a few times, I'm sure you'd see that its a pretty good opportunity to create income, build your self image, improve your relationships, improve your communication skills, build your self confidence (by going out there, being willing to look like a fool at times, face rejection, take some "nos", go through failure and learn from it). Through the personal development side of things you can gain in areas that would help you succeed in any other business or career as well - and I think anyone would be able to see that if they took the time to look.

I have no idea if i can actually do this thing, but I just wanted to give myself the chance instead of being too afraid to even try and make excuses, because for me, where I was at just wasn't good enough for me and I want more out of life.

Anways if there are any serious questions about Amway I can try to answer them. I may try to put together an info post on Amway because it's actually a great company.

My Ride
    NC1

Oh I'm sure IT WORKS lol hard to wrap my mind around it still lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by nonofyobiz
    I just want to add my 2 cents here and possibly give a different viewpoint and defend Amway a little bit. Last year my wife and I started an Amway business and I just think you guys are unfairly bashing it and calling it a scheme when that just isn't true. Direct marketing businesses are now a legit and fairly mainstream way for people to have a business. There are alot shady 'opportunities' that are in fact illegal or just suck and they go away rather quickly.
    No doubt there are crappy people involved in these businesses, but there are also crappy, creepy, annoying people that work at walmart....and you don't blame Walmart for their existence right? So please don't judge the entire business based on your experience of one person, or a forum webpage, or some guys blog etc

All I can speak about is Amway and an organization called World Wide Dream Builders (WWDB).
    Amway is basically just a supplier. WWDB is a training and mentorship company. I wasn't blind to this stuff - my brother in law tried to build an Amway business years ago with an organization called Britt World Wide (another training organization - there are lots of them). Also my mom has been involved with a couple different businesses just buying products. So not my first run in with MLM's.

A lot of the approaches you guys have brought up, ya I can definitely see happening and ya some can be annoying, but that is part of the process. Contacting and forming relationships is the difficult part. The reason why people will try to lead you into it and get you to what's called a board plan, without bringing up the name is because people like to put things in a box and make judgments on them without having all the information. IF you were told it's Amway right off the bat without having the proper information and perspective then you'll probably resort to researching the business by reading blogs or forums - and from that form an uneducated negative opinion on it.

Honestly i understand the skepticism, but that is just because you lack information. We are looking for people who are looking for an alternative and if your not 'looking' for anything then of course you'll find something wrong with it. So being approached in various situations is just how the business is built and for every 20 ppl who have absolutely no interest there may be 1 that is and that wants to build a business. I know for a fact that the leadership in WWDB does not have a get rich quick approach and that everyone can do it and that it's easy. The opposite actually, we are told it's not easy, it's incredibly difficult...but if you do what's taught then you can have the result. That's the beauty of it,...the business is all about duplication and you just have to do what the person who went before you did, and you can have what they have.

Being a part of WWDB, there is alot more to offer than just a a rinky dink retail business. The only retail I do is to my family and I sell to them at my cost, then I use the products myself.
    I think the personal development and mentorship available through WWDB is a great opportunity. No one is trying to scam you out of all your money. One of the biggest things they teach is to get on a budget and work on getting debt free.

What we do is take people through a qualification/learning process which takes 4-6 weeks. That's how long it takes for someone to get all the information and really get a feel for what it's all about, if at anytime you decide it's not for you, then fine, doesn't cost you anything....at least you educated yourself on what's available. If you do decide to launch a business it's peanuts compared to what it costs to run a real business. We really don't want people who aren't serious about building the business to sign up because it just ends up being a waste of time and money.

You really just have to hear a few different people talk...none of it is really trying to hype you up and get you all excited so that you sign up - i never got that feeling at all.

I don't think it's right that you guys are posting peoples names in here like the stockdale guy and Jon Tychollis (sp?) like they are bad people and trying to scam everyone and you should be leery of them. I don't know this Stockdale guy at all, not sure if I've heard his name, but I do know Jon Tychollis (I am NOT in his line of sponsorship) and he seems to me to be an awesome guy. I think you should also know that he recently did retire from his job because now he is making more part time than he was at his job. not that he is rich or anything but if you could survive on $$ from a part time effort, why would you go to work? Why not talk to these guys directly and bring up your concerns with THEM instead of bringing up their names in a negative light on a forum post. You might actually get the answer

It's pretty difficult to explain the mindset and mentality behind the whole thing, but if your actually willing to be open minded and learn about Amway + WWDB and see it a few times, I'm sure you'd see that its a pretty good opportunity to create income, build your self image, improve your relationships, improve your communication skills, build your self confidence (by going out there, being willing to look like a fool at times, face rejection, take some "nos", go through failure and learn from it). Through the personal development side of things you can gain in areas that would help you succeed in any other business or career as well - and I think anyone would be able to see that if they took the time to look.

I have no idea if i can actually do this thing, but I just wanted to give myself the chance instead of being too afraid to even try and make excuses, because for me, where I was at just wasn't good enough for me and I want more out of life.

Anways if there are any serious questions about Amway I can try to answer them. I may try to put together an info post on Amway because it's actually a great company.
    I'm really intrested in setting my life goals on a vision board, and supporting this through sacraficing my personal time and money to purchase inferior products at a superior price.

please don't pm me.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast