Quantcast
Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight? - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My offer still stands and I hope for the plot twist, @ZorroAMG hand delivers me that cheque, I cash it and we make it rain at the Beyond 20 year party. Eligible members to attend have to be registered before that initial investment thread was posted. You don't wanna miss this party (if it goes down) lol
    The only rain happening will be from the clouds lol Your moneys gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    The only rain happening will be from the clouds lol Your moneys gone
    I wrote it off years ago. Let this be a lesson for the next gen Beyond ballers looking to make it big. Beyond and the internet never forgets!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Education doesn’t have to come from a post secondary institution. Can be as simple as buying a book, or taking one off courses in areas of interest, etc
    Very true!! Best form of education is generally not from post secondary(unless you want to be a doctor or lawyer).

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

When I saw MLM - my first thought was Andrew YIP - yiptech ... LOL

Back when he rented the ice (with 30 skaters per bench, ugh - for profit no doubt) he used to steal the puck from his teammates on the ice who were just out there learning the sport.

Great tool for MLM recruitment!!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

You know what's funny.. With weed being legal and soon market being filled with CBD products and competitors, there will be MLMs for CBD.

Sidenote: I'm saddened that Charlotte's Web (CWEB) is going this route.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    You know what's funny.. With weed being legal and soon market being filled with CBD products and competitors, there will be MLMs for CBD.

It could be YOUR MLM. Do it. We'll all get in on the ground floor and be rich.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post

There has been CBD MLM's for a long time now already.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can we have MLM MOMs? Wait, aren't most mlms just moms anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Both Penis and Mister completely miss what makes a MLM a MLM.

And that is the fact that the parent company overwhelmingly makes money by sucking in suckers into buying a product that will never sell, and using psychological trickery to get idiots to buy into it (easy money! No time!)

Major companies approach retailers to sell their products, and said retailers sell said product based on research telling them there is value.

MLM does not do this. Hence, it is a scam when your customers are your employees and their customers are new enployees they bring on.

What is so difficult to understand about this?

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

And that is the fact that the parent company overwhelmingly makes money by sucking in suckers into buying a product that will never sell, and using psychological trickery to get idiots to buy into it (easy money! No time!)

Major companies approach retailers to sell their products, and said retailers sell said product based on research telling them there is value.

MLM does not do this. Hence, it is a scam when your customers are your employees and their customers are new enployees they bring on.

What you describe is a legit illegal business model if the only customers are sign ups. Although I actually did mention these things as they do apply to a portion of the business of any MLM. But if you're not moving any legitimate customer volume, your business will be investigated by the SEC once it hits a certain cash flow, and it will be shutdown. The psychological trickery as you call it, does not happen at the parent company level. The parent company is nothing more than a product supply company. It's the IBO's that form child companies, and utilize shady tactics to move product.

The products aren't necessarily shit just because the company is structured as an MLM. Look at Scentsy for example. It's a good product and lots of people love it. They would have no problem being sold off the shelf at Wal-Mart. But maybe they just didn't have 5 million dollars to start a marketing campaign and get the business doing enough volume to get into a big box store in the first place. In that case you can go the MLM route, and have motivated people move your product for you and pay them commission.

Not by any means saying that is all MLM's. Plenty of cases of someone starting an MLM with a junk product just to make a few million bucks on the initial hype of a new thing, and then letting it fizzle out since shitty products don't last. But that's not confined to MLM's. How many BS junior mining companies among other things, starts an IPO for a stock in a company that's worth nothing. Only to sell their stock off when the initial hype starts to wear off, and then bankrupt the company. happens all the time.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    by the SEC
    Everything is and isn't security fraud. Yawn, lets move on.

MLM's are scams, period. Even one you portray as successful is a scam.

If you can retail in store, you do it. If your product is shit, you don't. There is a company in Saskatchewan that manufacturers some widget that was on Dragon's Den, and they got into major retailers very quick with shit that started from being made in their garage/shop IIRC. I have retailers for our products for crying out loud.

Paying people to recruit other people is a scam. Straight up. Lord you are delusional

The multi-level marketing (MLM) model that Scentsy uses has been criticized since the overwhelming majority of MLM participants (most sources estimated to be over 99.25% of all MLM distributors) participate at either an insignificant or nil net profit.[17] Indeed, the largest proportion of participants must operate at a net loss (after expenses are deducted) so that the few individuals in the uppermost level of the MLM pyramid can derive their significant earnings. Said earnings are then emphasized by the MLM company to all other participants to encourage their continued participation at a continuing financial loss.[18]

In particular, Scentsy has been criticized for targeting military spouses in the United States, who often find it hard to find traditional employment, since they have to move frequently for their spouses's career.[19][20][21] The military humor site Duffel Blog satirized this practice by announcing the creation of SCENTCOM, "focused on unifying efforts of highly scented products sold on military bases through 'consultants.'" [22]

Consultants often find it hard to make money by selling Scentsy products. According to its 2015 income disclosure statement[14], about 66,000 or 65% of active Scentsy consultants receive an average of $463.34 per year, before expenses. The top 200 or about 0.2% consultants, earned an average of $113,363.98, with the highest income earner making nearly 1 million dollars.[23] According to a military.com article, it takes most consultants over four years to earn a yearly income equivalent to working three and a half hours per week at minimum wage, not counting business expenses.[19] The blog Bottlesoup calculates that a consultant will have to sell 639 Scentsy products per month in order to earn the equivalent of a full-time, minimum wage job.[24] An analysis by the The Finance Guy blog, claims that 99.45% of Scentsy consultants were not able to earn a full-time income.[3]

Scentsy was profiled in a study about the rhetoric used by companies in the 'direct selling industry'.[25] Scentsy's recruitment material was noted to emphasize personal agency within the context of Bormann's fantasy theme analysis and convergence theory.

My Ride
    *The First*

Yes. As mentioned before, it's as much or less of a scam than: GNC, Money Mart, "bumper to bumper warranty", college textbooks, rust proofing, V-Power ++++ with #Nitro, weight loss books, genuine real leather furniture, big cock pills, Uber, Microsoft software licensing, below cost electronics, airport improvement fees, restless leg syndrome, violent companion animals, etc etc etc etc etc.
    Yet... MLM's are vilified as the diseased sperm of Satan while all this other shit is pumped down our throats all day, every day.
    Oh, but sensible examples and reasonable arguments can just be dismissed as "Nope. #Whataboutisms. #FakeNews #SafeSpaces" when one is too blinded by hate.

Everything is and isn't security fraud. Yawn, lets move on.

MLM's are scams, period. Even one you portray as successful is a scam.

If you can retail in store, you do it. If your product is shit, you don't. There is a company in Saskatchewan that manufacturers some widget that was on Dragon's Den, and they got into major retailers very quick with shit that started from being made in their garage/shop IIRC. I have retailers for our products for crying out loud.

Paying people to recruit other people is a scam. Straight up. Lord you are delusional
    Paying people to recruit is scam? Oh wait I already said that, but good on you for reposting. If understanding business makes me delusional then so be it. Not sure what the little quip about Scentsy's pay structure has to do with anything? I most certainly never defended their IBO's business tactics or their commission structure. They were purely an example of a product that could easily be successful in stores.

My friends wife just got into a MLM. And my wife bought some stuff from her. Luckily she isn't too interested in being a seller or anything and didn't really like the product.

Dodged a bullet there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

BIG NEWS!!!! Even though I wasn't able to make the VIP event Tuesday, which was supposed to be the ONLY ONE they were planning to have, the lord must be looking out for me, because they have another VIP EVENT this Saturday morning and I'm invited if I can 100% commit to attending! Sadly, I'm out of town this weekend, but . . . .

"Okay! If you know anyone with 10-15 hours a week, work ethic and great people skills interested in a passive income stream of $5k to $10k a month from people’s bills, please refer them to me. Have an amazing day!"

So please PM me for details of this amazing opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Oh, but sensible examples and reasonable arguments can just be dismissed as "Nope. #Whataboutisms. #FakeNews #SafeSpaces" when one is too blinded by hate.
    Because your "sensible examples" are the literal definition of whataboutisms. Have you considered that maybe your entire argument is founded on bullshit?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Yes. As mentioned before, it's as much or less of a scam than: GNC, Money Mart, "bumper to bumper warranty", college textbooks, rust proofing, V-Power ++++ with #Nitro, weight loss books, genuine real leather furniture, big cock pills, Uber, Microsoft software licensing, below cost electronics, airport improvement fees, restless leg syndrome, violent companion animals, etc etc etc etc etc.
    Yet... MLM's are vilified as the diseased sperm of Satan while all this other shit is pumped down our throats all day, every day.
    None of these have people sell products to other people to sell the products to other people to...

Are they bad or shitty companies that sell snake oil? Sure. That truly is a whatabout, because we aren't talking about snake oil. We are talking about Multi-Level-Marketing, which doesn't generate any economic benefit and is simply a wealthtransfer from new employees to old ones.

How do you NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

You guys are wasting your time trying to talk sense into these guys, one of my best friends was sucked into primerica years ago and he was so brainwashed that no matter what we told or showed him he was not believing it. Thankfully the life cycle of primerica/wfg/bozosrus is pretty short so he came to soon enough and we were able to have normal conversations again instead of him harassing me to switch over to him lol
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    You guys are wasting your time trying to talk sense into these guys, one of my best friends was sucked into primerica years ago and he was so brainwashed that no matter what we told or showed him he was not believing it. Thankfully the life cycle of primerica/wfg/bozosrus is pretty short so he came to soon enough and we were able to have normal conversations again instead of him harassing me to switch over to him lol
    And what "sense" would you say we need talked into us? I am not part of an MLM. I don't suggest anyone else sign up for one. By all accounts it seems like we are all in agreement here.

But I studied MLM's pretty thoroughly when I was introduced to a few of them and their claims, and it's clear not many others have. They have a lot of bad aspects to them, but to just ignorantly spout things that you've heard other people say and jump on the bash wagon without knowing what you're talking about, makes you just that, ignorant. My guess is a good portion of you guys were about to become suckers yourself, and then when you went to tell your friends and family and started hearing "Pyramid Scheme!!" "Scam!" "You're an idiot for getting into this!" your ego buckled, you backed out, and started repeating the same things to everyone else you met.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    And what "sense" would you say we need talked into us? I am not part of an MLM. I don't suggest anyone else sign up for one. By all accounts it seems like we are all in agreement here.

But I studied MLM's pretty thoroughly when I was introduced to a few of them and their claims, and it's clear not many others have. They have a lot of bad aspects to them, but to just ignorantly spout things that you've heard other people say and jump on the bash wagon without knowing what you're talking about, makes you just that, ignorant. My guess is a good portion of you guys were about to become suckers yourself, and then when you went to tell your friends and family and started hearing "Pyramid Scheme!!" "Scam!" "You're an idiot for getting into this!" your ego buckled, you backed out, and started repeating the same things to everyone else you met.
    LOL do you honestly believe you're the only person capable of using Google?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast