Quantcast
Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

Default Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

Hey,

Has anyone else heard of this? There's a "meeting" tonight in Calgary discussing money making tactics (pyramid scheme more than likely) and a friend of mine is going. I'm trying to tell him that it's a waste of time and he'd be better off staying home, but want to find more info on this shit.

Anyone else know about this meeting? I know it's not much information but I figured someone might have heard of who's putting this on and whether or not it's a scam.
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

If its called Earn Firm it happens every week, last time I heard it was on Thursdays somewhere by Ikea, if thats the one, let your buddy know that the "buy in" is $3200.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Default Re: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

Originally posted by kerry
    Hey,

Has anyone else heard of this? There's a "meeting" tonight in Calgary discussing money making tactics (pyramid scheme more than likely) and a friend of mine is going. I'm trying to tell him that it's a waste of time and he'd be better off staying home, but want to find more info on this shit.

Anyone else know about this meeting? I know it's not much information but I figured someone might have heard of who's putting this on and whether or not it's a scam.
    I hate these mass multi-level marketting companies. Only reason why it is Legal is because they incorporate a end product into the whole pyramid scheme.

Stupid people will do what stupid people do, but they are training their little minions more and more. Finding new ways to trick people into coming to these.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

I know... that's why I'm trying to find out for my friend. That way he doesn't get served by these fuckers.
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Its not the quickstar thing is it? By the guys who go around Haskane asking for directions and following up with "Wow, you seem like a outgoing go-getter, ever thought about being your own boss?"

Someone attempted to get me to go to one of these a couple years ago in the Chapters magazine section, he claimed he was a leader of a "big sports nutrition e-commerce" (What?) company. He continued saying that he was looking for a new car.. a Mercedes AMG, When I asked him which one, he looked perplexed.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
    Its not the quickstar thing is it? By the guys who go around Haskane asking for directions and following up with "Wow, you seem like a outgoing go-getter, ever thought about being your own boss?"

Someone attempted to get me to go to one of these a couple years ago in the Chapters magazine section, he claimed he was a leader of a "big sports nutrition e-commerce" (What?) company. He continued saying that he was looking for a new car.. a Mercedes AMG, When I asked him which one, he looked perplexed.
    Haha that sounds so familiar, I was approached by a dude a the university with the same story. This time his car story was that he would be driving a Bentley to his high school reunion...
    Last edited by BigShow; 04-22-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Likely a PSI meeting. They have been hitting pretty hard in Calgary (and probably every other city) taking advantage of the current economic climate.

Their brainwashing tactics seem pretty good so the only way you'll convince your friend not to buy into this crap is to go with him. Just don't fall for the BS yourself
    ---

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    If its called Earn Firm it happens every week, last time I heard it was on Thursdays somewhere by Ikea, if thats the one, let your buddy know that the "buy in" is $3200.
    That sounds like the "Gifting Club" scams that have been picking up popularity in Calgary these days.

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald...5-9f07cc9c29af

http://bizop.ca/blog2/pyramid-scheme...gifting-c.html

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/...gifting_mb.htm

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

There's always a meet every night. And they're always exclusive to everyone.

Maybe its that FHTM BS stuff.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    335i

Also could be an ACN meeting. They sell some shitty outdated video phones and overpriced internet plans.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    NC1

If you have to put money up front, you are getting scammed.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    this.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Also could be an ACN meeting. They sell some shitty outdated video phones and overpriced internet plans.
    I was pretty shocked to see Donald Trump promote the ACN scam on Apprentice a few weeks back. I figured someone like Trump would've known it was a scam.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by BigShow

Haha that sounds so familiar, I was approached by a dude a the university with the same story. This time his car story was that he would be driving a Bentley to his high school reunion...
    Hahha, Funny stuff for sure.

He was also telling me about the sports drink that he was selling, sweetened by a ancestral german sugar which contains no calories! With a little bit of research I quickly found this sugar to be in fact Aspartame..

I think the kingpin of this quickstar operation in Calgary is this guy called Matt, who poses his Early 90's Benz with tacky rims as a new one
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Originally posted by kenny
    Likely a PSI meeting.
    Do they have beginner lessons that are free to get into?

I figure girls who go are either bat shit stupid or desperate for acceptance... at any rather, it should be a easy way to wheel a bunch of broad that are not-quite-attractive-but-easy.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I usually attend a MLM meeting from a different company once a year as I'm always curious to see what they are up to. I like to keep my "objection skills" sharp and get kicks out of tearing apart their business model and showing the "closers" how their system is flawed and nobody makes money.

I rarely get asked to return for a second meeting and nobody ever follows up with me

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I met this guy at a gas station when he asked me for directions and then got into that exact story .. said something about his company sponsoring an athlete for the Olympics in China .. when I asked who it was, said he couldn't disclose it yet .. I asked if he was gonna fly out to China ... made up another story ... then he asked for my # to get together for a business opportunity and I said I don't entertain telemarketers and left.

Originally posted by max_boost

My Ride
    Giant Reign

Originally posted by w_man

... then he asked for my # to get together for a business opportunity and I said I don't entertain telemarketers and left.
    hahahaha, that made me laugh! I'll have to remember that one.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast