Quantcast
Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight? - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Scheme meeting tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by GOnSHO View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We cater to the everyday person because those are the people who NEED the help and the education
    They're also easier to manipulate........

[QUOTE=A790;4760525]Hey @maskedbandit , when was the last time you tried to recruit someone into your business that required them to pay you to join?

EXACTLY!!!!!

A few years ago i got a call from an old acquaintance asking me to meet her, i asked her what it was about and she was super vague but when i heard investments i stopped her because i knew something was up. I told her i was happy with my guy but she begged me to just have a quick meet with her for training purposes. I gave in and met them at my store and for the next 20 minutes her supervisor or whatever they call him fed me some really nice sounding dreams lol Long story short at the end of it he tried to get me to hand over $500(i think) to sign up as an advisor for WFG

GoNsho sounds exactly like my buddy who was with primerica, he was so brainwashed and no matter how many articles or links i showed him he wouldn't hear it. He was preaching the same thing too about how he was helping so many people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    First company RRSP I ever had was with BMO Nesbitt burns, which I thought was pretty reputable. I have no idea how the rest of that organization worked, but my guy basically put my into only the highest of high fee investments that wildly under performed the market and cost me thousands to get out of, even years later.

I'm now of the opinion that investment advisors are mostly just salesmen, and you need to check and doubt thier recommendations.
    You can almost tell how good an advisor will be based on their fees. It's an inverse proportion. If fees are high, they don't have to make you any money, because they make cash off your fees regardless. If fees are low, then they need to perform to make a percentage of your return.

For someone that doesn't know much about investing in the first place, they should just be picking up a Tony Robbins book and following the basic outline. If you just got a few market tracking ETF's, and bought in more every time there is a small correction(every second week for the DOW since Trump got elected it seems), you'd be doing as good or better than any actively managed account that deals with people under 6 figures for portfolio.
    Last edited by Misterman; 11-08-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    GoNsho sounds exactly like my buddy who was with primerica, he was so brainwashed and no matter how many articles or links i showed him he wouldn't hear it. He was preaching the same thing too about how he was helping so many people.
    As much as I have distaste for investment MLM's, I will say that someone who never invested at all and only got introduced to it through those avenues, will be better off with a poorly compounding investment than no investment at all. So they aren't 100% garbage. There definitely is a lot of people out there that haven't thought for a second about their future and what they will leave their kids, or what they will retire on.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    You know how I know you don't know anything about MLM's? Because of everything you just said.

You're right my Amazon account does not pay me to recruit anyone............................But neither do a lot of MLM's. You know one time I got a bad coffee from a CircleK, so that means convenience stores have shitty coffee.

Whether you want to call it recruiting or not, how does income get generated in an MLM? It comes through referring sales. How does income get generated through Affiliate Marketing? It comes through referring sales. When you break it down it's virtually the same business model. As with Affiliate marketing, there is a plethora of ways to direct sales. You can do PPC, you can create commercial content, you can make "how to" videos to create interest in the product. etc. etc. The same way that MLM'ers can spam all their friends into signing up, offer "mentoring" through the business model, traditionally sell product through all the same methods of affiliate marketing, etc. etc.

Just because some MLM's have a one time bonus for signing someone up, does not mean the income is made through recruiting. Anyone relying on that sort of income won't make much. The only income worth mentioning comes from moving product, period.

Unlike most people, I didn't just gather my information on MLM's through people internet ranting. I researched at least 3 of them so far by physically getting the paperwork outlining their "business plan" and compensation structure. Haven't found one I was interested yet though. And something like Amazon was better since it doesn't limit me to one or two hype products to market.
    Please, what a weak reply.

MLMs sell products at inflated prices to justify the commissions they must play in an infinite upline/downline.

You can argue technicalities all you want. It doesn't change that you're advocating a predatory business model and definding it by hair splitting as opposed to merit. Anyone with half a brain sees right through your bullshit.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Almost everyone you encounter in the Financial Services industry is just sales. Banking, Financial Advisors, Insurance, Investment Banking, etc etc

That goes for almost a substantial portion of your interactions in the rest of the economy, as well.
    It's a lesson that I took a long time to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Please, what a weak reply.

MLMs sell products at inflated prices to justify the commissions they must play in an infinite upline/downline.

You can argue technicalities all you want. It doesn't change that you're advocating a predatory business model and definding it by hair splitting as opposed to merit. Anyone with half a brain sees right through your bullshit.
    You having a moral issue with them doesn't change the business model.

Please tell me again when I ever advocated for MLM's?

My Ride

You having a moral issue with them doesn't change the business model.

Please tell me again when I ever advocated for MLM's?
    Of course me having a moral issue with them doesn't change their business model. That's like saying that being colorblind doesn't change that the sky is blue. What a waste of a reply.

You advocate their products and business model; you defend them and push their junk, both in this thread and others (multivitamins).

Quit your shit and stop splitting hairs. Defend your opinions with merit (if you are capable of doing so).

My Ride
    14' 435i

Not brainwashed at all, ive already helped many people including my family members and will continue to do so.. AS for the "Fee", get your facts straight before tossing ridiculous numbers around.

Quote Originally Posted by GOnSHO View Post
    Not brainwashed at all, ive already helped many people including my family members and will continue to do so.. AS for the "Fee", get your facts straight before tossing ridiculous numbers around.
    There's guys literally attacking you for working at some type of scam company and you're telling me to get my facts straight about $500.00 in fees?!?!?! If it makes you feel any better i might've been off by $50-100 but im 100% sure they wanted me to pay a fee to become an advisor for them.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Of course me having a moral issue with them doesn't change their business model. That's like saying that being colorblind doesn't change that the sky is blue. What a waste of a reply.

You advocate their products and business model; you defend them and push their junk, both in this thread and others (multivitamins).

Quit your shit and stop splitting hairs. Defend your opinions with merit (if you are capable of doing so).
    No more of a waste of a reply as yours. Splitting hairs you say? I suppose you and I can ride off into the susnset on our moral highhorse as we peddle over priced shit people don't need to them through Amazon. Get over it man. Yes I'm a consumer of organic vitamins and a tasty energy drink, I suppose that makes me an endorser of some cult that uses Amway as a supplier, raped your mother, and killed your father. I don't know who hurt you? You need a hug or something? I get it, you hate MLM's because you're ignorant. Just trying to clarify some of that for you. There is perfectly legitimate reasons to dislike MLM's same as myself, but the reasons you're utilizing aren't exactly accurate. You're being the equivalent of someone who voted Conservative because they're racist, it's the wrong reason but I suppose if it got you to the right conclusion then I should just not bother.

EDIT-. I see your ego is hurt. Thanks for the cry baby negative rep. Amazing that 2 people can essentially agree on something, but that some douches can still get all butthurt because someone doesn't agree with them the right way. haha

- - - Updated - - -

There's guys literally attacking you for working at some type of scam company and you're telling me to get my facts straight about $500.00 in fees?!?!?! If it makes you feel any better i might've been off by $50-100 but im 100% sure they wanted me to pay a fee to become an advisor for them.
    Pretty sure it was like 130$ when they pitched me. But that was 8 years ago or so.
    Last edited by Misterman; 11-08-2018 at 03:26 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Anyone have experience with WFG term insurance? Should be comparable to other providers like sunlife, no?

My Ride

No more of a waste of a reply as yours. Splitting hairs you say? I suppose you and I can ride off into the susnset on our moral highhorse as we peddle over priced shit people don't need to them through Amazon. Get over it man. Yes I'm a consumer of organic vitamins and a tasty energy drink, I suppose that makes me an endorser of some cult that uses Amway as a supplier, raped your mother, and killed your father. I don't know who hurt you? You need a hug or something? I get it, you hate MLM's because you're ignorant. Just trying to clarify some of that for you. There is perfectly legitimate reasons to dislike MLM's same as myself, but the reasons you're utilizing aren't exactly accurate. You're being the equivalent of someone who voted Conservative because they're racist, it's the wrong reason but I suppose if it got you to the right conclusion then I should just not bother.

EDIT-. I see your ego is hurt. Thanks for the cry baby negative rep. Amazing that 2 people can essentially agree on something, but that some douches can still get all butthurt because someone doesn't agree with them the right way. haha

- - - Updated - - -
    LOL few things.

1) If I wanted to adjust your rep, I'd just ban you. That's a permenant change to your rep that actually means something . I haven't touched your rep you drama queen. If you're going to call someone out, at least do it from a defensible position.

2) What moral high horse? I'm calling you out for perpetuating a bullshit business model. Affiliate marketing via Amazon is not even remotely comparable.

3) The reasons I dislike MLM's are entirely accurate and are the reasons someone should dislike them. They are predatory, plain and simple. Beyond that of most businesses.

5) Sensationalizing your reply weakens your position. Get your facts straight.

Notice how I don't deflect by running my mouth about rapists and politics. I don't need to deflect to defend my point, a benefit of having a defensible position.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea don’t blame Cam, I am the one who down repped you. Glad it had the intended effect
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Yea don’t blame Cam, I am the one who down repped you. Glad it had the intended effect
    Ahahaha too funny.

He is literally just trolling. A brief look at his post history shows he is just posting blatantly false information to start arguments like in the Flu Shot thread, Multi Vitamin thread, this thread (Amway isn't MLM - LOL) and others.

Every single time he has been asked for a source, evidence, etc. for his arguments he ignores it.

He has added everyone who has asked him to produce evidence for his ridiculous claims to his ignore list.

Just ban him or ignore him, you're wasting your time. I argued with him for way too long before I realized what he was doing.

How do you down-rep people? I thought you could only add to reputation haha.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Star on the bottom left of a post. You need to give a reason for negative rep though.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I was invited to a function the other day and it turned out to be similar to this.

Gifting circle.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4052062/g...-mission-rcmp/

Pretty sure it was like 130$ when they pitched me. But that was 8 years ago or so.
    Get your facts straight before you throw out ridiculous numbers lol $500 or $130 makes no difference to me, its the fact they are preying on random naive people to follow suit and pay the fees to become a so called advisor of wfg.

Name:  19ED7EB6-D893-4D1B-A789-187E15EF43CC.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  55.0 KB

This past week I’ve received two LinkedIn invites from wfg peeps. Before this week, I can’t remember the last one. Weird how this thread came back from the dead right around the same time

With how crazy and/or stupid the people are who join these pyramid schemes... Sorry, I mean uh "Multi level marketing", it's basically impossible to tell the difference between a troll or just someone stupid enough to believe they aren't being scammed.

I'll never understand how these companies are allowed to operate when literally everyone with any sense, knows what they really are.

Once had a friend get suckered into WFG, they of course represented it as a real job. But after his first day he quickly realized what it actually was and quit. Naturally they stole his entire contact list and someone else from there called me not long after to try and get me in as well.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast