Quantcast
max_boost gets STRONG! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: max_boost gets STRONG!

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
    You've got the compound excercises, but you're gonna need to switch more then that, and you need to work more muscle groups.
    Get a set of dumb bells for bi/tris/flys all that kinda good stuff
    the whole point of doing whole body exercises is that your whoe body gets involved. You don't think chin ups at 150 lbs is working your biceps more then a 20 lb curl? He has all of his muscles covered and it is a good strength building program. I would throw in some bent over rows underhand and overhand but keep at her you'll be able to do a chinup one day

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

Nice gains- If I could offer some advice: Just make sure that your form is tight and the numbers will come. There are some good example videos on crossfit.com. Look for the Rippetoe vids.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Very Nice.

Keep doing exactly what you're doing. Incorporate a post workout shake.

Something really simple even - 500ml Chocolate milk with one scoop whey. Have it 15min after the workout.

Replace that TV with a mirror so you can see how awesome you are.

Stay Strong -
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

That pic isn't his place....just the setup. That pretty boy probably has the whole basement in mirrors.

Go Maximus!

My Ride
    01 Nissan Xterra

I have to say your basement is a sweet setup and i wish i had that at home i might just buy out my contract at golds or sell my membership and do that. you have everything needed there.

My Ride
    bmw m3

good job man.
    Sweet setup.

Default Re: max_boost gets STRONG!

Originally posted by max_boost
    Three weeks ago my buddy 'lint' hooked me up on a deal on a used power cage with all the goodies. This is what it looks like.

There we go! Looks NICE!

Welcome to the club!
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by j.garner
    I have to say your basement is a sweet setup and i wish i had that at home i might just buy out my contract at golds or sell my membership and do that. you have everything needed there.
    Yeah, a power cage would be sweet.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

Hey guys, need some advice here.

My last workout was on Saturday morning and it went great. I got through the weights with no trouble. Unfortunately my cold really kicked in that day and I haven't felt well until today. Went through the usual cycle, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, loss of appetite and just feeling really weak. My colds usually last 3-4 days MAX.

I'm almost better now but I've regressed. I can barely lift the weights I was pulling on Saturday. What now? How to get it back? Give it a couple more days? Decrease the weight? Any insight is appreciated.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

you need to get your appetite back and when you do, you'll get your strength back. In the meantime, you can go through with the warm ups and stop there. This will keep your CNS prepped. Once you're eating again and feeling better, pick up where you left off. I doubt that a week off will cause a significant loss of strength if any at all.
    heloc that shit

My last workout was on Saturday morning and it went great. I got through the weights with no trouble. Unfortunately my cold really kicked in that day and I haven't felt well until today. Went through the usual cycle, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, loss of appetite and just feeling really weak. My colds usually last 3-4 days MAX.

I'm almost better now but I've regressed. I can barely lift the weights I was pulling on Saturday. What now? How to get it back? Give it a couple more days? Decrease the weight? Any insight is appreciated.
    Dude, I've been sick a couple times in the last few months, it SUCKS.

You get back to the gym after finally getting through it, and your lifting less weight.

But look through it! Get your appetite back, and you'll be lifting the exact same in a few days.

If your like myself, my body and mind feel alot better, but before I can actually hit the weights again good, I need a few days of light stuff and carb/protein loading to recover from the lack of eating while sick.

You'll be back in no time, don't sweat it.

As posted above, it's only your lack of nutrition during the cold...you'll bounce back hard.

Best....

yeap its cause you got sick.

what everyone said is true, the strength will come back. Thats why i find once i start feeling a little sick ill start getting vitamin C in me like no tomorrow and i take a few days or a week off from the weights.

I've worked out on a sore throat + cold. It's actually very beneficial to you somehow and it usually makes me feel a whole lot better. Try just powering through it.

My Ride
    X3

Keep up the great work, S!

I know it's hard to go on low energy from having a cold. I usually give myself a day to recover after my cold is over and go at it again normally. Don't want to lose the routine. Hope you feel better soon!

My Ride
    NC1

Just want to let everyone know I'm still sticking to this program and that IT WORKS. I usually just update my first post so it's not reflective.

Anyway.....

1 month update.

Weight: 143---->153---->+7%
    Squat: 105---->200---->+90%
    Deads: 115---->185---->+61%
    Bench: 80---->115---->+44%
    Press: 45---->80---->+78%

The gains are awesome. I'm honestly shocked because I didn't think such fast gains were possible. I'm excited to hit the basement and lift. It's a challenge that I relish. I'm bigger. I'm stronger. I feel great.

If even I can do it then anyone can do it

Thanks for reading.

Originally posted by Darkane
    Stay Strong!

Was the weigh in at the same time of day (preferably right after you get up) and same attire? The reason I ask is because 10lbs is a LOT to put on over a month. When I weigh myself in the morning I'm 152-155 and I've weighed up to 165 at the end of the day fully clothed at the gym (I have a feeling my home scale reads a bit low though lol). Ideally you want to shoot for 5lbs/month in gains otherwise you are going to be packing on a lot of fat.

Good gains regardless, keep it up.

My Ride
    NC1

My scale at home is inaccurate so I just use the one at Talisman. The weigh in is clothed and later in the evening around 10pm both times.

I know what you mean though as I'm monitoring things because I do NOT want to get fat. If anything I'm going to tweak the diet and do a bit more cardio to keep it in check. I find myself eating like a monster these days.

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Great Gains so far man, maybe i should come over and work out in your Dungeon sometime lol
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Hey man, great progress! If you ever want someone to come over and kick your ass for a bit hit me up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast