Quantcast
The 100 pushup challenge - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The 100 pushup challenge

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default The 100 pushup challenge

Just found this, will be doing it in prep for my BMOQ for the Canadian Forces.

http://www.hundredpushups.com/what.html

So, I challenge all you slightly outta shape or majorly outta shape people to join in and do the 6 weeks and do the 100 pushups at the end

I did the initial test and I am comfortable in the level 2 bracket (go to day one and look in the column for 6-10 pushups). I can do 25ish pushups as it stands, but I really don't want to strain myself too much, so I'm dropping it down a bracket just to make sure I look after my muscles and tendons and all that.

Started today and by god at the end of it, after pumping out the last few to failure I was totally wiped. Great feeling tho
    Geek

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I did that during my workout routine about a month ago. I can do 100 push ups in a row, but the last 15 or so were a struggle at first. Definitely a good work out if you aren't doing intense weight training.

i was doing this
    then stopped

good story eh

My Ride
    Giant Rainier

I did this for a good 3-4 months last summer. It was good for me at first but I plateaued around the 4 week mark. I didn't follow it the schedule strictly (I know, I know) but I think between the 4th and 5th week, then the 5th and 6th week, the increase in the number of pushups you have to do is pretty big.

Well I jumped into week 6, first column, got to the last set and could only do 20 out of the min 40

Not too shabby for a first attempt lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

This sounds interesting but my shoulders tend to make all kinds of cracking noises when I do pushups lol. Not sure if they can handle 100.

My Ride
    06 STG3+ SS

I can now do 100 pushups.. I'm going for 100 full dips.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

MKR89: not all of us can do 100 pushups
    Geek

I can do 1000 e-pushups.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by sputnik
    I can do 1000 e-pushups.
    Liar

My Ride
    06 STG3+ SS

Vaga: I know, I was just thinking of what I could challenge myself with after completing the 100, and for those of you who are near completion.
    Only shitty thing is I don't have a dip set-up at home.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

i just skipped to week six and successfully completed day 1 first column, but it was damn hard lol. i think im just going to start at week 1 and work all the way up

I've incorporated this into my daily routine, 5km jog as soon as I wake up, 100 pushup program, 200 situps program, 200 squats program.

Originally posted by Jonel
    I've incorporated this into my daily routine, 5km jog as soon as I wake up, 100 pushup program, 200 situps program, 200 squats program.

How long does the 5km jog take you? I just want to compare to see how far along I've come with jogging over the past month or so.

You must be motivated as hell, I wake up every day at 5:30am and it's all I can do to pour a bowl of cereal, never mind running and pushups, etc. Do you do this program five days a week? I've been on this 100 pushup thingy since Christmas but I only do it three days per week: Mon-Wed-Fri.

It takes me about 30-40 minutes depending on what route I take, when I feel like challenging myself I do the course with tons of uphill and when I just need a good pace I run a course that's basically a loop with a small gradient uphill and after you reach the 1/4 mark it's all downhill.

I listen to my body when it comes to running. Calluses will happen and other unforeseen injuries, if that's the case then I just switch it up with a jump rope or swimming routine. But I try to run everyday, although I won't be for the next couple days since my shoes are starting to crap out and it kept peeling the skin (socks on of course) near my achilles' heel. So have to buy new shoes, for now will be substituting jump ropes and swimming to make up for it.

So my day looks like this for now; cardio followed by a 21-25-21-21 pushups, 21-21-15-15 situps, 19-19-13-13 situps. Oh and one suggestion I could make is stay on a week's program for as long you need until you build up enough strength to go to the next one. Don't just increase your workload every week like it says on the website, some of the workload increase is just ridiculous.

As for motivation, it's mostly to be fit and of course vanity.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Jonel
    Oh and one suggestion I could make is stay on a week's program for as long you need until you build up enough strength to go to the next one. Don't just increase your workload every week like it says on the website, some of the workload increase is just ridiculous.
    Quoted for truth. I am redoing week 1 because my body was DEFINITELY not in the proper shape to move on... new style of pushups = shoulders and joints sore (I'm doing military style, ie hands at shoulders, elbows mostly tucked in vs hands wide apart).
    Geek

Originally posted by Vagabond142

Quoted for truth. I am redoing week 1 because my body was DEFINITELY not in the proper shape to move on... new style of pushups = shoulders and joints sore (I'm doing military style, ie hands at shoulders, elbows mostly tucked in vs hands wide apart).
    IMHO this is the best style of push up. The standards mostly work my triceps, whereas with military i notice it works my chest, biceps and triceps for NOT much more difficulty (though you do tend to get tired faster).
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    '98.5 BMW 328is

I went from 30 push-ups to 65, but then I took a weekend off and never ended up returning to the plan .

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I'm moving up to week two Monday

Arms are still feeling it, but it's much less of a shock vs getting in shape now XD
    Geek