Quantcast
Want Chicken Fried Rice Recipe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Want Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Default Want Chicken Fried Rice Recipe

Yes, I could Google it, but beyond is 80% Asians, so I figure there's a secret home made chicken fried rice recipe that is 5 generations old somewhere out there, and you would love to give it to me...Thanks!

My Ride
    MiniCooperS

i dun really have a receipe for all my fried rice. my thumb of rules are to use leftover rice from the day before or rice that is a bit dry, garlic salt.

Wheres Iron Chef Rage2 lol.. I remember seeing his Spam Thread , he must know a good Chicken Fried Rice!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

heres how i make fried rice.

fried rice you can bascially put whatever you want its up to you.

btw i know theres no measuring cause i just put in whatever i got

first if your adding in meat, cut it all up in tiny squares

i like adding chinese sausage (laap choung)

i like usually using a small handful of peas and small handful of corn.

4 eggs (beaten)

i make a omlette with the eggs, than put that on a plate off the heat.

add leftover rice, and make it all flat.

add in sliced meats, peas and corn.

keep turning the rice so its evenly heated.

add in eggs, i like to cut them up with the spatula here so the eggs dont get dry.

add either some oyster sauce or my mom makes (goung chung) its that garlic, greenonion oil that was asked in another thread.

mix it up and eat.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

it seems that some resturants fried rice has this specific suttle taste that makes it super good, and others don't have this taste.

anybody agree?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

the taste is in this special ingredient they add.

do you know the powdered chicken stock you can buy from tnt?

you can add in a spoonful of that if you want to hehe

My Ride
    R50

Originally posted by legendboy
    it seems that some resturants fried rice has this specific suttle taste that makes it super good, and others don't have this taste.

anybody agree?
    Yeah, there's a taste that we can never mimic at home. Good fried rice will have this tiny little bit of burnt flavour that only industrial gas stoves can create cuz of their high heat.

Originally posted by cdnsir

Yeah, there's a taste that we can never mimic at home. Good fried rice will have this tiny little bit of burnt flavour that only industrial gas stoves can create cuz of their high heat.
    Not just fried rice but alot of dishes have that. You need a super hot wok.

As for why some restaurants have better fried rice...there could be a hundred different factors for that.
    Last edited by szw; 04-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by cdnsir

Nothing to do with the stove. It's all about the kind of meat (if you know what I mean)

meow......

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Yeah, most good fried rice "recipes" don't have "recipes". I learned to make it by doing what my mom does. She couldn't tell you her recipe if she wanted to. She just sort of does it.

That said... here's a couple good recipes as starting points. The Steamy Kitchen link has a couple good tips on making good fried rice. (You could easily replace the shrimp with chicken if that's what you want).

http://rasamalaysia.com/fried-rice-recipe/
    http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2008/0...imp-fried-rice

My Ride
    POS

The secret is super high heat, don't be a pussy, crank it up, go nuts and move fast. Pre boil the chicken so it's just cooked, then dice it up. Also make sure the veggies have been boiled first as well. Leave them on the side ready to be sacrificed. Some restaurants will add in yellow food coloring to their eggs to make it seem like there is more eggs in the rice, but in reality there is probably only about half an egg. And left over or fresh rice is fine. If it's fresh you just have to cook it a bit longer and faster so it doesn't stick to the pan and doesn't turn out too soft.

Crank up the heat, put in some oil and minced garlic, then the rice. Add some salt, sugar and/or msg and/or chicken broth then stir it up to spread the flavour and mash up and rice that's stuck together, then pour in the egg. Go nuts flipping and stirring the rice so you don't end up with big chunks of eggs that most amatuers do. Then you add in the chicken and veggies, usually diced carots and peas. Flip and stir some more then add some chopped green onions to finish it off.

also the special taste comes from a wok that has been used for years and years

isnt there soya sauce in friend rice?? not sure.. but i put it in the rice... its tasty.

are you white?

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by GQBalla
    also the special taste comes from a wok that has been used for years and years
    almost some truth in that, same goes for the wooden spoon/cooking chopsticks.

Originally posted by DJ_NAV
    isnt there soya sauce in friend rice?? not sure.. but i put it in the rice... its tasty.
    sometimes, not too often tho, in fried noodles moreso but it's all mostly shallot and garlic deepfried oil as the base, but i hope you're not talking about white rice and soy sauce plain, can't stand it when people do that, or especially in fried noodles/rice, its salty enough gdamned it, you're spoiling the flavour!

I remember in HS one of my caucasian friends suggested we order 'western-chinese' food one night, reluctantly i said sure cause i was too lazy to drive to get food, so when we got the food, the one chick proceeded to pour packets of soy sauce on ALL the takeout dishes including the steamed rice without asking, i must've slapped the packets halfway across the room just as she was motioning to pour it. even my east indian buddy was disgusted that she was going to do that, nice to know the hatred for 'soy sauce ruining' is widespread amongst asians

but OP, fried rice can be made with a variety of mish mash, you could try with one set of ingredients with a small amount of rice (shrimp, egg, peas,cm cut asparagus, even fish roe ) and such and such sauce, then keep experimenting, that's how i learnt when i was younger.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by GQBalla
    are you white?
    considering there is Soya Sauce in fried rice.. it shouldn't be an issue.

Regular Soya Sauce for taste + Dark Soya Sauce for color

Originally posted by n1zm0

almost some truth in that, same goes for the wooden spoon/cooking chopsticks.
    I'm not sure why you saying thats a joke... Its called seasoning and the same concept applies to cast iron grills/etc that taste better as you use them more and it becomes more seasoned.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by szw

I'm not sure why you saying thats a joke... Its called seasoning and the same concept applies to cast iron grills/etc that taste better as you use them more and it becomes more seasoned.
    never meant it as a joke, i believe it, i 'd at the truth of the matter. the pan we use for our fried rice/noodles is also used for stir fry everything along with 2 specific wooden spoons and long ass cooking chopsticks. came across as sarcastic i guess..