Quantcast
WOW Chinook Mall Security is PATHETIC - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: WOW Chinook Mall Security is PATHETIC

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

... I still don't see how people can be bugged by a phone light during a brightly lit scene... which are the majority of scenes... Hell, I can read a book by how bright it is sometimes, how is a tiny phone light off the side or below you that distracting

My Ride
    1985 Fleetwood

Originally posted by psycoticclown
    ... I still don't see how people can be bugged by a phone light during a brightly lit scene... which are the majority of scenes... Hell, I can read a book by how bright it is sometimes, how is a tiny phone light off the side or below you that distracting
    Its like this:

Originally posted by bignerd
    The problem here is people are just fucking rude. We just got back from Japan where it is considered rude to talk on your cell phone on the train or bus... people will either not answer their phone and silence it on the train or go in between the cars if they really need to take the call. And that is just on public transit, we didnt see a movie while we there but I could imagine they are even better about it in a theatre-and EVERYONE there has a top of the line cellphone.

You would not need security guards there or have to kick someones seat for using their phone because they just wouldn't do it.
    Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

Yeah, because nobody sit's beside those people. ... It wouldn't have really bothered me if she was in the seat below me, but she was right beside me...it was distracting, and I didn't pay $13 to be distracted because you can't wait 2 hours to talk to somebody.
    Originally posted by TKRIS

I really hope we don't live in a society where we require signs to inform us that it is not acceptable to bother other people who are trying to watch a movie. I really hope we aren't already at the point where common courtesy needs to be implicitly stated and outlined in any given situation, and any failure to do so lays responsibility on the institution instead of the individual.

Don't fuck around on your cell phone in the movie theater. Don't put your feet on the seat next to me or kick my seat or blab with your retarded friend either. Shut the fuck up and let everyone enjoy what they all paid to see. If you can't enjoy a movie without doing jumping jacks or taking video game breaks, you do not belong in a movie theater. If you're Too much of an oblivious idiot to be able to not act like an ADD riddled chimpanzee in public, stay home.
    Originally posted by nismodrifter
    ... Seriously, people need to get a clue and realize that their phone does not give them supreme authority to do whatever the F they want... If you are checking time or some shit like that fine. Big deal. If you are watching Youtube vids/doing your taxes/baking a cake with your Iphone in the middle of a theatre then GTFO. Arrogant SOB's with no manners or respect/consideration for others can go to hell.
    Originally posted by JeremyD
    ... The reason I don't go to many movies any more is has nothing to do with being able to download them but it has to do with the fact I have to try to sit through the movie with a bunch of arrogant jerks who lack even simple common courtesy...
    Thinking that you can decide for others what level of intrusion is acceptable
    + Thinking that its OK for you to intrude on other people's enjoyment of a movie
    + Thinking that its Not OK for others to object to your intrusion
    = FAIL
    "I know a guy who confronted a thief breaking into his Jeep. The thief pulled a knife, so buddy hit him in the head with a 4' Jack-All.
    "Moral of the story: Some people are gullible pussies who'll give you money for trying to rob them, and some people will fuck your shit up with a HiJack.
    Since you can't tell which is which without it being too late, it's probably best to err of the side of caution and not fuck with other people's property." ........ TKRIS

My Ride
    //M

I don't text during movies, just cause I'm paying $12.50 for a movie. But if I wanted too, I would, it's not as distracting as everyone makes it out to be here.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    Hondas

Originally posted by 85FltWd

Its like this:

+ Thinking that its OK for you to intrude on other people's enjoyment of a movie
    = FAIL
    ^This^

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

= FAIL
    When YOU pay 12.50 for me to watch a movie, i will turn off my phone.

Yeah, really. Some of you are wayyyyyy too sensitive. Sandy Vaginas FTL.

My Ride
    1985 Fleetwood

Originally posted by stevieo When YOU pay 12.50 for me to watch a movie, i will turn off my phone.
    What, are you asking me for a date?
    "I know a guy who confronted a thief breaking into his Jeep. The thief pulled a knife, so buddy hit him in the head with a 4' Jack-All.
    "Moral of the story: Some people are gullible pussies who'll give you money for trying to rob them, and some people will fuck your shit up with a HiJack.
    Since you can't tell which is which without it being too late, it's probably best to err of the side of caution and not fuck with other people's property." ........ TKRIS

My Ride
    1985 Fleetwood

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Well, kid, you can believe what you want to, but as a member of a website for car enthusiasts, you might want to try this on for size:

By refusing to acknowledge how your actions affect the people around you, you're demonstrating exactly the kind of self-centred arrogance that makes driving in Calgary so dangerous and frustrating.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Excuse me Mr Pot I would like you to meet Mr Kettle
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Yeah, that.

I call these fuckups The Borg Collective because they freak out if they're offline and lose their connection with their network of friends.

These are the people who need to chill out. A couple of hours free of the constant e-intrusion is actually good for your mental health. If you can't cope with that, you'd be better off spending that two hours with a good shrink instead of bothering people who paid to watch a movie.

Grow up, and shut off the phone for a while.
    I like how you say about the comment "Borg Collective" - that's what I thought of people with their cellphones 24/7 all their life. Borg Collective that they are!

Well, kid, you can believe what you want to, but as a member of a website for car enthusiasts, you might want to try this on for size:

By refusing to acknowledge how your actions affect the people around you, you're demonstrating exactly the kind of self-centred arrogance that makes driving in Calgary so dangerous and frustrating.
    I do agree and frankly that's just sad with the society outside this city. Not just Calgary but about so many cities everywhere! Last month I went to a friend's birthday party and I witnessed so many members flipped their cellphones to check messages like EVERY second in random everywhere around me - even when I'm talking with them! That's the true sign of cellphone slaves.

Glad I'm not like that - never own a cellphone anyway.

And for the movies... I plan to see one tonight and that doesn't bother me because my eyes are paying attenion on the screen. Let the rent-a-cops deal with them.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

but you know thats just the way the world is. there will be courteous people and there will be jackasses. they are everywhere..sure its irritating when you run into people with no manners, common courtesy and things like that but really what can you do? people are the way they are right? thats why i find it such a waste of your energy and time and whatnot when you get angry. just think in the end at least you aren't living with that person, it could be a hell of a lot worse. (to an extent though, i mean if someone is physically or verbally abusing you then ya maybe you can do something about it and get mad haha)

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by stevieo
    but you know thats just the way the world is. there will be courteous people and there will be jackasses. they are everywhere..sure its irritating when you run into people with no manners, common courtesy and things like that but really what can you do? people are the way they are right? thats why i find it such a waste of your energy and time and whatnot when you get angry. just think in the end at least you aren't living with that person, it could be a hell of a lot worse. (to an extent though, i mean if someone is physically or verbally abusing you then ya maybe you can do something about it and get mad haha)
    The problem is that you can easily look at it from the other side, and say that there will be chill people and there will be uptight morons that bitch about every little thing. Want a good example? Look in the news at all of the stories that make you shake your head and wonder "what's the big deal?" when people complain over seemingly nothing. That's what the complainers in this thread kind of sound like.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Last edited by J-hop; 07-29-2017 at 09:40 AM.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by J-hop

My cell at minimum brightness hurts my eyes if im holding it too close it a pitchblack room.

You're trying to look into a flashlight.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Thanks for the compliment, old man! I feel so young at heart!

As for the rest of your ignorant post, you haven't even READ what I posted about the topic so what you NEED to do is REALLY mind your own business if you can't even read a simple 2 or 3 sentence post, the real world clearly isn't your speed.

Oh and Kavy, I don't get your post. How am I too sensitive? Because I don't let everyone's actions bother me, or because I actually am rather polite and considerate of others? (see my post about turning down the brightness) You choose, smarty.

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Originally posted by J-hop

you joking right? If there were so many super bright scenes then you wouldn't even notice if they left the lights on in the theater which are 10 fold dimmer than a cell at minimum brightness right ? My cell at minimum brightness hurts my eyes if im holding it too close it a pitchblack room.

Other people are right it all comes down to a lack of respect for those around you. It really is not possible for someone to stop themselves from noticing a flashing moving light in there peripherals or disregard a ringing cell phone, (aren't ring tones designed to grab your attention?).

Unfortunately its impossible to stop everyone from using their phones in a movie theater but im glad to see they are taking an initiative to try to minimize the problem.

Wow... do you know how to read? Of course looking at your cellphone at minimum brightness in a PITCHBLACK room might make your eyes hurt, but I said BRIGHTLY LIT scenes... that means outdoor scenes, indoor daytime scenes, etc... Please don't tell me that is the same as a pitchblack room, because than I must be able to see in the dark as like I said before, I can read a book in that kind of lighting. Most bars are dimmer than some of the scenes in movies.

Either way though, the light is your peripheral vision, it shouldn't hurt your eyes anyways, not at minimum brightness anyways. I think you need to get your eyes checked.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6