Quantcast
Comparison Test: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs. 2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Comparison Test: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs. 2009 Infiniti G37 Coupe

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I totally get where you and Clem are coming from, it make sense however vehicle comparisons have almost always been done with same in class vehicles. The G and the Genesis are in totally different vehicle classes even though they have so many similarities. It's sort of like comparing a Lexus RX to a Toyota Venza, many similarities but still enough differences to separate them into 2 different classes. I think what these comparisons show is that Hyundai has built a hell of a car for 35K but still isn't quite as good as the Infiniti.

But the if you look at it that way, the same can be said about the ISF and the M3 or the GTR vs the M3 or ISF for that matter... the same compelling reasons (price vs what you get whether it be performance, looks, luxury, etc) for the aforementioned can be said about those 2 cars (granted Lexus and BMW both have the luxury brand attached to them)

At the end of the day a car is a car no matter what brand and you get what you pay for in most cases. I think the deal here is that Hyundai is changing that mindset with the intro of the Genesis. The only problem they really have is the issue of historically bad brand reputation, which I think they've realistically proven to be much better than.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by Aleks

Yes but it's also the driving dynamics that Nissan can't quite match yet.
    I don't think you can throw "driving dynamics" into the list of comparables. Class = interior volume

Originally posted by clem24

But class of car? I would say they are totally comparable - 3.7/3.8 V6 FR coupe. Doesn't get anymore comparable than that.
    That logic doesn't sound right either. Kind of like comparing the Mazda 3 to the Acura TSX, 2.5/2.4 I4 FF sedan, or even the Cobalt sedan with the TSX 2.2/2.4 I4 FF sedan. Comparable class of car? don't think so.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Orbie

That logic doesn't sound right either. Kind of like comparing the Mazda 3 to the Acura TSX, 2.5/2.4 I4 FF sedan, or even the Cobalt sedan with the TSX 2.2/2.4 I4 FF sedan. Comparable class of car? don't think so.
    Welp I was responding to redlyne.. If you actually would read my posts from earlier in the thread, you'll realize that I mention more. Class of car obviously includes more than just layout and engine...
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by urban.one
    Similar to when the Japanese started to compete with the Germans now the Koreans are coming up on the Japanse.

The Genesis shows how far Hyundai has come from the days of the Pony and Stellar.
    There are definitely parallels with the Japanese manufacturers and how they came from building crap boxes to good cars.

It's been said before, since people buy brands, Hyundai needs to do what the Japanese manufacturers did - rebrand their high end models.

Originally posted by D. Dub
    What a funny world when even the people liking/buying Nissan's become car snobs.

Well, no idea who you were addressing it to, but maybe they bought it for cash ... in which case your comment is void, as you are dealing with people who have the backup to be snobs.

Originally posted by hampstor

No one looking to buy an Infiniti will cross shop the g37 against a genesis.
    Not true - they are cross shopped all the time now, at least by car enthusiasts who know what they're doing. The cars are very similar, no surprise there. Not all Infiniti shoppers are badge whores!

I think the Genesis vs Mustang GT or Camaro cross shoppers are more rare, as people who buy domestic tend to stick with it, same with imports.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3