Quantcast
Racist bully punches Asian kid; kid breaks bully's nose w/ his off-hand; teen charged - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist bully punches Asian kid; kid breaks bully's nose w/ his off-hand; teen charged

Default Racist bully punches Asian kid; kid breaks bully's nose w/ his off-hand; teen charged

Racist fucking police. Good on the school's students, though -- they staged a walkout, with over 400 students protesting what happened. And there's a great quote at the bottom by the kid's dad, about why he can't just move away from the small town.

KESWICK, ONT. — The 15-year-old black belt thought he was doing his tormentor a favour when he elected to fight back with his weaker left hand.He had heard his white classmate throw an angry racial slur in his direction after an argument during a gym class game of speedball, and now the student was shoving him backward, refusing to retract the smear.

The white student swung first, hitting the 15-year-old with a punch to the mouth.
    The 15-year-old heard his father's voice running through his head: Fight only as a last resort, only in self-defence, only if given no choice, and only with the left hand.
    His swing was short and compact, a left-handed dart that hit the white student square on the nose.

The nose broke under his fist, igniting a sequence of events - from arrest to suspension to possible expulsion - that has left the Asian student and his family wondering whether they are welcome in this small, rural and mostly white community north of Toronto, one that has been touched by anti-Asian attacks in the past.

The 15-year-old, the only person charged in connection with the April 21 school fight, faces one count of assault causing bodily harm.
    But a remarkable thing happened this week.

On Monday, 400 of his fellow students, wearing black in solidarity and carrying signs of support, walked out of Keswick High School to rally in protest in front of their school.

Organizer Mathew Winch, a Grade 12 student, said the school has fewer than 10 Asian students, but everyone wanted to stand up against bullying and racism. The story even hit the front page of local newspapers.

After the public outcry, the York Regional Police hate crimes unit reopened the case. Although the other student has not been charged, further charges are possible, a spokesman said yesterday.

The case is particularly sensitive because of a series of attacks on Asian fishermen in the same area in 2007 - given the name "nipper tipping" by locals - which led to a high-profile investigation by the Ontario Human Rights Commission.

Five such cases in 2007, ranging from violent car chases to fishermen on piers being pushed into the water, led to criminal charges. As a result of the publicity, many other Asian anglers came forward to say they had been abused or harassed while fishing in the Lake Simcoe area.

The Asian boy's father is a martial-arts master who trained with the Korean national team. He brought his family to Canada in 2004.

They settled in Keswick in 2006, and his son, who is still learning English, has studied hard to become a top student.

He proudly showed off a report card with a 90-per-cent average. The boy has struggled a little socially, his parents said, which makes the outpouring of support from his classmates all the more remarkable.

"It's the first time in my life I ever fought someone. I've been trained not to attack. It's total self-defence," the boy said. "I felt sorry because I broke his nose, but I can say he deserved it because he called me the racial comment. He started the fight, he punched me first."

He said the boy called him a "fucking Chinese," a comment he instantly knew was far from a joke.

"It's upsetting," he said. "I don't know how better to tell it."

For the moment, both students are suspended from Keswick High School, but the Asian student's parents have been told he could be expelled and forced to find a new school.

They are shocked and saddened by the ordeal.

The day after the fight, an older cousin of their son's antagonist approached him in the school cafeteria and uttered a similar slur, compounding their sense of despair.
    "He said, 'You punched my cousin you Chinese fuck,' " the 15-year-old said. That student was overheard by a teacher and suspended.

His father explains that the easiest course would be to move somewhere else and get a fresh start for his son. But he can't do it.

"I don't want to run away. If another Asian kid comes to this school, what happens to him? Will he run into problems? Will they think they can just kick him out? I don't want to set that example," he said.

"Personally, for my kid, I should move. But as a Canadian I cannot move."
    Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...National/home/

EM1FTW is offline I'm a fag because only fags love Hondas
    My Ride
    EM1 yo!

Good on the asian kid for doing what he did imo
    Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Kinda like this morning when I wanted to tell my GF to pass the sugar and it came out "You fucking bitch, you've ruined my life."

As shitty as this is, this caught my eye moreso:

The case is particularly sensitive because of a series of attacks on Asian fishermen in the same area in 2007 - given the name "nipper tipping" by locals - which led to a high-profile investigation by the Ontario Human Rights Commission.
    what the fuck is wrong with these people?

My Ride
    93 integra

Good on him and the students standing up for him.

My Ride
    14 Ridgeline

Too bad the outcome wasn't better for the Asian kid! But good for standing up for himself!

good for the asian kid,

this still happens even in calgary.

I remember in elementary and junior high it was always like this. High school was different because thats when i finally didn't want to deal with that racist stuff no more.

I remember on my 20th birthday i walked by a table at denny's and three white people called me a "fucken chinaman" just for no reason.

My friends and I didn't take that very nicely and i was the only chinese person there, the rest were white boys.

Ended up having a fight in the restaraunt and cops walked in on their break, we got broken up and while the stories were being poured out the three white boys were like "we never called that chink a chinaman" than when the cops went to me the three white boys just sat there swearing and cussing me in racial slurs right in front of the cop.

The cop had to threaten them in order for them to shut up. I still got a public fighting ticket, which got thrown out. The three white guys got the same ticket and their ticket also got thrown out... which kind of pissed me off since they started it.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I never really got racism.... and I grew up in a small, racist town in the middle of nowhere.

for the kid..... for the kids who protested.

My Ride
    2005 F350

i wonder if 7thgenvic would consider this a waste of those students time too because according to him, you can't beat the system so why try?

good on the students for doing whats right.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by GQBalla

this still happens even in calgary.

This still happens BECAUSE we're in Calgary. It's hard being Asian anywhere.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

just get stronger guys....I am part Jap, and NO ONE messes with me.

6'1" 235 lbs...come and get it racist mother fuckers

btw...I don't run in a pose of other 'asians', I work alone.

should have kicked that kid in the junk so he couldn't copulate....
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    Taco

I can understand the fishing assaults. It has to do with Asians having a very bad reputation in the fishing community for keeping illegal fish, fishing in illegal waters and doing so without a license. I have personally seen many times in Alberta and when the Rangers come they just run away.

Not condoning it at all just explaining the fishing thing.

whether you are chinese, filipino, cambodian, korean, japanese or vietnamese we all still get called gook or chink atleast once in our lives
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by se7en
    just get stronger guys....I am part Jap, and NO ONE messes with me.

6'1" 235 lbs...come and get it racist mother fuckers

btw...I don't run in a pose of other 'asians', I work alone.

should have kicked that kid in the junk so he couldn't copulate....
    LOL, so what if a racist guy is like 6'9 and 500 pounds pure ripped and can fight MMA like a motherfucker...

Aside from that, good for him fighting back.

Aside from all of this, racism is going both ways a lot now so people can quit acting hard up from it. How many times have you said "fucking whiteboy" or something like that eh?
    Last edited by CUG; 05-01-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

this is really sad... i always hope that Canadians had moved beyond this barbarity and time and time again im proven wrong

Good for the kid and boooo for racism but the story was so fabricated and full of fake statements, my eyes hurt.

I swear this was a disney movie....

My Ride
    NC1

If he was getting in this much trouble anyway, it's too bad he didn't land a harder strike. Anyway, bully got what he deserved.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Good for the kid and boooo for racism but the story was so fabricated and full of fake statements, my eyes hurt.

I swear this was a disney movie....
    Racist.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by max_boost
    Anyway, bully got what he deserved.
    Ironic user title

Originally posted by CUG
    Racist.

Toooootally!

My Ride
    09 WRX

Dirty, it's so weird how Racism works, beyond double standards and such.
    There is a time and a place for racism and that's when joking with your friends about your friends...
    Calling someone a chink out of pure spite is wrong and always will be. If a fight was gonna happen then why even call a name be a man, throw a punch and walk away.
    Good on the kid for not taking shit from the bully, even better on the students for protesting a bullshit charge.
    It's blatantly obvious that the police are racist as well, seeing as how they only charged the asian kid with assault because he was DEFENDING himself.
    If this makes it to court, I bet it will have to go up to supreme court if it can, and I hope it does so someone gets in real big trouble.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast