Quantcast
Lingenfelter 800hp Camaro upgrade - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Lingenfelter 800hp Camaro upgrade

Default Lingenfelter 800hp Camaro upgrade

http://www.motorauthority.com/lingen...camaro-ss.html

Makes Ferrari look weak and that's saying a lot. Wasn't that long ago that a 400hp was supercar territory.

Default Re: Lingenfelter 800hp Camaro upgrade

Originally posted by calstar

Makes Ferrari look weak and that's saying a lot. Wasn't that long ago that a 400hp was supercar territory.
    While that is a nice, powerful Camaro, at the end of the day you still have a Camaro parked in your garage. It is hardly comparable to a Ferrari just because it has 800 hp and could give most Ferrari models a good run for their money in a straight line. Throw some twisties into the mixture and then true pedigree will shine through.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default Re: Lingenfelter 800hp Camaro upgrade

Originally posted by calstar

maybe on the 1/4 mile lol. put them on a track and see what happens.

supercars aren't just defined by the horses their pushing. supercars also must have an exotic feel to them. such as a full suede interior.

at the end of the day your driving a chevy.

My Ride
    TRANS AM WS6

Default Re: Re: Lingenfelter 800hp Camaro upgrade

Originally posted by CMW403

maybe on the 1/4 mile lol. put them on a track and see what happens.

supercars aren't just defined by the horses their pushing. supercars also must have an exotic feel to them. such as a full suede interior.

at the end of the day your driving a chevy.
    That would make a F-40 not a super car....

If you're judging a supercar by track performance...the Camaro won't handle like a Ferrari, but it would put so much distance on it in the straights it might not have to.

That said, the two are totally different vehicles, the Camaro is a pony car, at best it's a muscle car... can't compare it to a supercar. Apples and oranges really....

My Ride
    can go anywhere

^^ i highly highly doubt that a camaro is gunna "put so much distance on it in the straits" you got to factor in aerodynamics, power to wait ratio as well as others. It aint all about whats written on paper. A camaro's corning entering and exiting speed is gunna be dramatically lower than a ferrari's.

My Ride
    TRANS AM WS6

Originally posted by Numi
    ^^ i highly highly doubt that a camaro is gunna "put so much distance on it in the straits" you got to factor in aerodynamics, power to wait ratio as well as others. It aint all about whats written on paper. A camaro's corning entering and exiting speed is gunna be dramatically lower than a ferrari's.
    That's why I chose my words carefully and said "may"... I'm sure there's tracks where it would and tracks where it won't. Keep in mind 800horses is considerably more then the average Ferrari...

Anyways, a 800hp Camaro is sick, I drove a 600hp LS1 yesterday and thought that was nutty.... this thing would just be insane.

Before you bash Camaro's keep in mind they are to road courses what the S2000 is to the quarter mile... both can get the job done but it's not what they're made to do.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

It will be a 4000lb bruiser like the GT500.
    600whp will get you mid 120's mph at the track, 130 at best.
    Neat car and all, but it's a special edition. The 430 scuderia is a special edition, and it runs the 1/4 in 11.0-11.2@126+mph, and would lap this camaro on most tracks.
    Apples to oranges indeed.
    It's the difference between a penis extension and a sock in your underwear!
    You get what you pay for.

My Ride
    Rear Wheel Drive

I have raced a camera before, they are fast! I drive an ap1 s2k NA, zero mods. It's quick. however not as fast as the Camero. The s2k is purpose built for handling and cornering speeds, where camero has an excellent balance of cornering ability and powerful acceleration.

Also consider 90% of the time we / us and everyone else is driving / cruising and probably 10% actually engaged in potentiating the vehicle to it's limits, ie during cat and mouse sessions.

with tremendous power is amazing accleration and quick handling. At the cost of fuel economy, maintenance and practicality.

Cameros are built for a specific purpose and function in mind. THey are amazing cars in every detail possible. Every car has it's own purpose and each is built to a specific function.
    <signature has not been setup>

My Ride
    You Crazy

Track this, track that....

LOL... who cares....

An 800hp Camaro would use a Ferrari as a mop on the street.... where 99% of the worlds cars are driven.

I love those greasy cheesballs in their expensive "exotic" penis extension, cruisn, thinking they are all that, and then pulling from them like they forgot to step on the gas....

They bought it for an ego boost, and they just got beat by a beater. Beautiful.

PS.... That Camaro will probably out handle and out corner a F40 on CALGARY streets.....

Originally posted by star-k
    I have raced a camera before
    . . . i have always wondered, how do they handle? What did you have the aperture set at?

My Ride
    Cummins F10

who cares?
    pretty useless power
    figure a way to actually plant the power
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    Mexi Poke EK, 636

fuck yea tdubbs you tell em
    Originally posted by SRT
    Toyota knows exactly what the problem is (well, atleast the acceleration one) and its a software issue.

They are just waiting until NASA plasters it for the media and that, my friends, will be the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Toyota.

My Ride
    is wild

This isn't the Camaro of the past, drive anything new performance wise from GM and you'll come away more then impressed.

I have no doubts that thing would be a monster on a road course, and putting the power down I'm sure won't be that big of a problem.

comparing it to a 20+ year old Ferrari is fairly pointless

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

How heavy will this thing be?
    Arguing over the internet is like cheering on the Oilers. Win or lose, you're still a dumbass.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    you mack daddy

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Toma
    Track this, track that....

LOL... who cares....

An 800hp Camaro would use a Ferrari as a mop on the street.... where 99% of the worlds cars are driven.

I love those greasy cheesballs in their expensive &quot;exotic&quot; penis extension, cruisn, thinking they are all that, and then pulling from them like they forgot to step on the gas....

They bought it for an ego boost, and they just got beat by a beater. Beautiful.

PS.... That Camaro will probably out handle and out corner a F40 on CALGARY streets.....

Yes, To be sure Calgary is entirely void of any cloverleaf/on or off ramp. Nothing but straight lines &intersections to be sure.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

i daily drive a camaro. i have quite a few friends who do as well. the most power i've seen from one around here is 780rwhp. i watched him put down a 10.2 at 144mph. he drives it almost every day. i've driven it and it handles better than my car(has bilstien suspension) which is pretty good. if you know how to control a posi-trac 6 speed you can RIP through turns. it handles just as good as my dad's z06. at the end of the day and end of the track an 800rwhp camaro is going to beat a ferrari. i've seen him do it twice.

edit: my friends is an '01 with an ls1.

My Ride
    2010 WRX Limited

There is a black Lingenfelter Corvette in town.. twin turbo.. Dyno'd over 1000hp tuned down below that mark... insane!
    Someone's dad on beyond here.
    Unreal car.

My Ride
    reebok Jams

Originally posted by bryans3.4 95
    i daily drive a camaro. i have quite a few friends who do as well. the most power i've seen from one around here is 780rwhp. i watched him put down a 10.2 at 144mph. he drives it almost every day. i've driven it and it handles better than my car(has bilstien suspension) which is pretty good. if you know how to control a posi-trac 6 speed you can RIP through turns. it handles just as good as my dad's z06. at the end of the day and end of the track an 800rwhp camaro is going to beat a ferrari. i've seen him do it twice.

edit: my friends is an '01 with an ls1.
    you compared an orange to an orange. Your story sounds great but all of your cars mentioned are heavy juiced up, straight line vehicles.

Jeremy Clarkson even took out the new ZR1 and it simply had too much horsepower to control for a normal driver. People keep saying oh that 800hp would use a Ferrari as a mop on the street, oh yehhh 800hp would kill a Ferrari.

Ok, and so would someones garage built 1/8th mile car. the comparison of cars on the "street" is ludicrous. Put them on what they have been designed for, a Ferrari was never designed for a 1/4 mile. It comes from the land of F1 so use your head. They are designed for finesse, cornering, precision, and beauty. Even the F40 which is gutted and stripped has a beauty associated with it.

Of course the Camaro has its place, but not next to a Ferrari or Lamborghini, a Zonda, or Koenigsegg.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I do like the new update, but like others have said you cannot compare this care to a Euro sports car. A Porsche,Ferrari, etc are in a league of there own. It would be like comparing a Lada to a mercedes.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yes, To be sure Calgary is entirely void of any cloverleaf/on or off ramp. Nothing but straight lines &amp;intersections to be sure.

He didn't say "last one around the cloverleaf, or to the bottom of the off ramp wins!!". He said "street"... typically light to light.
    Not from point A-B across town.

usually these street races happen when 2 sports cars are the first ones stopped at a red light or side-by-side on a highway (coincidently).

edit: ps- not that i condone street-racing, but rather stating the reality of things.
    Last edited by A3GTiVR6SC; 12-09-2009 at 01:21 PM.