Quantcast
Confessions of a YYC Travel Junkie - Page 56 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1300

Thread: Confessions of a YYC Travel Junkie

My Ride
    08 550i 6mt

Originally posted by gqmw
    Where do you guys check for last minute vacation packages? I'm looking for vacation packages to Cancun on Sept 5!
    I personally use:

www.tripcentral.ca
    www.travellastminute.ca

They are both decent sites as they include trips from all the major operators

whats a fair price for a vegas package fri-mon for hotels such as mgm, planet hollywood, caesars, etc? $800-$1000???

Originally posted by iCreep
    whats a fair price for a vegas package fri-mon for hotels such as mgm, planet hollywood, caesars, etc? $800-$1000???
    That's very expensive...

Originally posted by gqmw
    Where do you guys check for last minute vacation packages? I'm looking for vacation packages to Cancun on Sept 5!
    find anything yet?

flexible on dates and location?

Palladium Vallarta is like $700 if you leave tomorrow

Send me a pm for more info.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by iCreep
    on a long weekend last minute thats about right, i have gone thur-sun staying at THE hotel or other nicer hotels from 500-700 taxes in on a direct westjet flight (usually the most expensive option)

Originally posted by 2002civic

on a long weekend last minute thats about right, i have gone thur-sun staying at THE hotel or other nicer hotels from 500-700 taxes in on a direct westjet flight (usually the most expensive option)
    sorry ya i should have specified, this long weekend / october long

bumping up this useful thread.

I'm trying to help my mom find the cheapest flight to tokyo (narita NRT)
    departure: any day november
    return: any day march.
    she just turned 65 so she qualifies for senior discounts.

using the sites in this thread the best prices I've managed to find are in the 1100-1200 range. can anyone find any better prices that this?

TIA

Originally posted by mycroftxxx
    bumping up this useful thread.

I'm trying to help my mom find the cheapest flight to tokyo (narita NRT)
    departure: any day november
    return: any day march.
    she just turned 65 so she qualifies for senior discounts.

using the sites in this thread the best prices I've managed to find are in the 1100-1200 range. can anyone find any better prices that this?

TIA
    Hi Mycroft,

No, unfortunately you won't find anything cheaper than around $1100 roundtrip after tax at the moment. There hasn't been anything overly great to Tokyo in a while actually.

cM
    I used to have a travel thread on Beyond. I used to be somebody.

My Ride
    Upass

any deals for flights to vancouver for the remembrance day weekend in November? (leave on 11th, return on 14th)

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Originally posted by Nav13
    any deals for flights to vancouver for the remembrance day weekend in November? (leave on 11th, return on 14th)
    With AirCanada right now, flights to/from Van from $89 one-way, add that with promo code "NQPMBWP1" (last day to use it)....

Leave 11, return 14 = $80 + $89 + fees = $270 all in return.

Leave 11, return 15 = $80 + $80 + fees = $259 all in return.

Pretty good deal!

well im planning on backpacking AU for a year. anyone see any cheap flights in about two months? one way.

TIA
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

Originally posted by BlackRadon
    well im planning on backpacking AU for a year. anyone see any cheap flights in about two months? one way.

TIA
    One way flights to Australia from Calgary are often just as expensive as roundtrip.

One strategy is to look for the cheapest one way flight to Los Angeles ($200-$250) and then the cheapest one way flight from Los Angeles to Sydney. Air Pacific for example is usually around $750ish after tax.

Or on December 29, Air New Zealand has a Calgary -> Vancouver -> Auckland -> Sydney flight for $1087 after tax.

Roundtrip on the other hand can be had for not much more. United has flights in December for $1283 roundtrip after tax. (Often down to $1150ish in other months)

Actually, here's another option, take a look at Honolulu to Sydney on JetStar on December 4th. $526 after tax.

Calgary to Honolulu is $294 after tax on WestJet the day before. Break up the trip with a nice little layover in Hawaii.
    Last edited by cmyden; 10-16-2010 at 10:29 AM.

nice, i was just going to ask about flights between brisbane/sydney and calgary/edmonton/vancouver for around xmas time. thanks for the info

My Ride
    GSR

Any deals to Vietnam after Dec.20?

hey guys. Wondering if any is seeing anything to the UK for cheap. The dates im looking for are dec28th till about the jan8th. dates can change a few days here and there.

p.s, i want to thanks chris for posting up those ideas for me for my OZ trip. I ended up booking flights from here to LAX to AUS. So thanks a million for the suggestions man!
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

Originally posted by BlackRadon
    hey guys. Wondering if any is seeing anything to the UK for cheap. The dates im looking for are dec28th till about the jan8th. dates can change a few days here and there.

p.s, i want to thanks chris for posting up those ideas for me for my OZ trip. I ended up booking flights from here to LAX to AUS. So thanks a million for the suggestions man!
    Hey no problem! Unfortunately I don't think there's anything too cheap that close to the holidays.

Calgary to London or Manchester is almost always going to be the cheapest, and it looks like London is around $1090 roundtrip after tax (Dec 29 to Jan 10 for example) or $1150ish to come back a little earlier.

Thomas Cook looks to be $1200ish. Coming back on the 15th drops it down to $912.

Me and a few buddies (probably 6 of us) are looking for something AI leaving Dec 26 or 27 for a week. Seeing anything for around $1000 four stars or better or am I to early still?

Originally posted by s_havinga
    Me and a few buddies (probably 6 of us) are looking for something AI leaving Dec 26 or 27 for a week. Seeing anything for around $1000 four stars or better or am I to early still?
    You're not too early, or too late. The fact of the matter is, anything leaving between December 18 and the beginning of January is going to cost about 1.5 to 1.7 times as much as usual.

There's just too much demand for tour operators to offer great deals. At the moment you would have to hope for nearly a 40% discount off the cheapest 4* package to get something for $1000 (per person, after tax) leaving on those dates.

A 40% discount isn't unheard of, but around Christmas, well, chances are slim.

cM

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Looking to travel to Germany/France in July for a month. Looking at flights currently return to Frankfurt for $3300, do you think this is as good as it will get or should I wait?

Originally posted by USED1
    Looking to travel to Germany/France in July for a month. Looking at flights currently return to Frankfurt for $3300, do you think this is as good as it will get or should I wait?
    $3300 ? In economy class? For 1 person?

Check out Condor Air, they've recently started flying to Frankfurt again (direct) and have flights for as low as $937 roundtrip after tax. July 4 to Aug 1 for example.

Then just fly back and forth between Frankfurt and Paris for $126 roundtrip after tax on Air France. Any dates really.

cM

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 ... LastLast