Quantcast
do you guys ever wonder about meanings of your dreams? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: do you guys ever wonder about meanings of your dreams?

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by scat19
    My mind is so active. I remember a dream at least every 2 night. Sometimes I think I dont sleep well because my extremely active mind.
    i'm exactly the same. my dreams are so vivid and occasionally i can't distinguish what happened in my dream or if it was real

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

I only really seem to dream about giant crabs wearing loafers.

I've no clue what it means.
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    03 SVTF

Originally posted by Darkane

Doesn't it? I'm doing some reading on the works of Tolle Eckhart, The Power of Now to be more specific and he states it is in fact a separate entity.

Example, have you ever said to yourself "I cannot live with myself"

Think of that statement. There is an 'I' and a 'Myself'. That is not one. The 'I' is the true self, and the 'Myself' being what you cannot fathom or loathe.

Regardless without getting into full detail here's an example on the mind being separate:

Think when sometimes you're alone, or just not observing the world. Your mind is NOT thinking (this is important) and all of a sudden an idea pops into your mind. You weren't trying to conceive this idea. It was not YOUR manifestation.

How, why, or what brought that idea to the surface? Where did it come from? It definitely wasn't you, or what you perceive of "You"
    While I can't argue too much on the brain as an entity, I can agree that either of us may be wrong.

The statement "I cannot live with myself" is somewhat misleading as it is more allusive than the literal definition. Simply because no one would say "I can't live with I" and alternatively "I can't live with me" is poor English. The statement is not to be taken as a broken down definition, but an allusion to a feeling/meaning.

Since the avergae human uses between 8-12% of their brain, any philosopher/theorist/crazy person could be right about the majority of the rest.

Also, since we, as humans, have both vountary and involuntary movements. despite being prone and what you think of as thoughtless, the brain is still working.. and in that working, setting off electronic pulses. That can just as easily spark a thought. The brain is never not working (barring being dead of course)

To say that the brain is pre-disposed on ideas is to say that everything is predetermined for you. That can't be the way or people wouldn't learn anything ever. Which would be to say that everything you know at this point in your life, you already knew... but forgot how to remember it. The brain grows and learns.. while some things can't be consciously decided.. many things are. Therefore it is still you in charge.
    Normal people (if I can use that term) still maintain control of thier brain during conscious hours, but while sleeping, with no stimuli, the lighter firings of the brain (or misfirings) become more apparent to a basically bored mind. Hence it can float from dream to dream.. thought to thought, with no hinderance. Things mix, things become stronger, and yes, based on what your strongest desires/thoughts/wishes, new thoughts can be borne.

But really.. everything I said and you said could be wrong.. or a mix. But with no real solid findings, it comes down to what you personally believe (which is how i framed my first post).

I do respect the intelligence of your thoughts though.. since I enjoy discussing topics like these!
    Last edited by civiclvr; 05-08-2009 at 12:55 PM.

My Ride
    06 STG3+ SS

join my cult, smoke DMT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2