Quantcast
Real estate course - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Real estate course

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

As a number of people mentioned, the Intro course and test were a joke. I am entering my last week of Phase 2 with the exam on August 4th. I am slightly nervous about this exam. I have attended and particated in every class. I have done review questions and studied, although lately I have been too tired at the end of the day to go over the material again. I also went to the site: www.agentexams.com

Any feedback from existing realtors on the Phase 2 exam? I think it is going to be the hardest of all because of the diversity and amount of information presented. Thanks!

Keep up the updates! I was thinking about taking this course over the summer, but I ended up not having the time. Good luck with it. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the whole course.

My Ride
    E36 M3

There's a lot of stuff to take in on phase 2, but at least they give you 3 weeks for it. Commercial is just as loaded and you have 7 days.....so get ready to be a sponge.

Do the review questions and make sure you learn all the key points. Contract law and agency relationships are big pieces of that phase, know them well.

The courses lay the groundwork for a business in real estate. Jumping right in to the 'biz right out of the course will make your head spin. If you want to do well, try and find an A+ agent to mentor with. Sure, you have to work for somebody for a while, but the rewards can be great (from both a knowledge and financial standpoint) and you'll see how the best do it. In time, it could very well be the ace up your sleeve.

My Ride

Hi Folks,

Update: I passed the Phase 2 exam by a fair margin, but it was even harder than I had thought it would be. I was scared to hit that "End Exam" button because I thought I was right on the bubble. Sigh of relief.

As was previously mentioned though, all 3 sections of Phase 3 will be hard as well because of the amount of info, and the short timeframe to absorb the said information.

Thanks to everybody for offering advice etc. on here and I will update this thread as I go along. Maybe I will get to work with some of you on a transaction one day

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride

Well another update, finished Phase 3 Residential test today. I thought it would be easier than the Phase 2 exam, but it turned out to be just slightly harder in my opinion. Now to finish up Rural and Commercial which will be the toughest challenges yet from what I have heard. I am excited to get done this stuff so I can start executing my business plan.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Thats great! Glad to hear things are coming along so well for you

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by msouther
    Well another update, finished Phase 3 Residential test today. I thought it would be easier than the Phase 2 exam, but it turned out to be just slightly harder in my opinion. Now to finish up Rural and Commercial which will be the toughest challenges yet from what I have heard. I am excited to get done this stuff so I can start executing my business plan.
    Good stuff

Whats your business plan?

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride

Good stuff
    Whats your business plan?

I am just interviewing with new brokerages and scheduling some secondary interviews with a few brokerages that I have already met with. As far as my business plan, I won't outline that here and I don't really want to share that regardless. I am confident that given my past experiences and knowledge that I have of the real estate industry and sales cycle, that I will be just fine.

My Ride

Do any new realtors (recent or within the past year or so) have any insight on the Rural exam for the REAP program? I have heard this is very hard and I am a little nervous about this one? I still have to take the Commercial one, but at least it has some overlapping material in it from other phases. Rural is like taking a science and biology course. Write the exam on Monday.

My Ride
    E36 M3

Rural is the toughest - I did high 90's on all the exams EXCEPT rural (88%). The biggest problem for me was that I had NO interest in it. I will NEVER do any business outside of Calgary.

Second problem is that a lot of the test seems like it has little to do with the actual real estate transaction, and more about knowing the farmer's/end user's business. Types of grains, where they grow, growing season, difference between growing season and frost-free season, cattle operations, chicken and dairy quotas, climate factors, soil types/classification systems, animal units......it's all in there.

You are also expected to know about the different types of septic systems, the "grid" land system which divides up the parcels, foreign ownership rules....which is a bit more relevant.

I didn't like it at all, but you have to remember that the rural guys had to sit through residential and commercial, so now it's your turn to sit through rural..... Part of it is familiarity, us city folks can wrap our heads around res/comm because in at least some way, we interact with it on a daily basis. For most of us, rural living/operations are an entirely nebulous concept...

Enjoy! PM me if you have any further questions.

My Ride

Update: wrote the Rural today and actually did better on this one than any of the others. I got 85% on the Phase 2 exam, 82% on the Residential Phase 3, and 88% on the Rural. I think it is because I didn't have that AgentExams site for this section, so I studied much harder. Taking orientation for the next three days, then Commercial starting next week and I will be joining the ranks in early October. Looking forward to working with some of Beyonds realtors in the future hopefully.

My Ride

My Ride

Well I am going to close the chapter on my updates on this thread, because I am now done and licensed. Tomorrow I will be a realtor once I register with CREB, AREA, CREA. Commercial was tough as well, but the math stuff was one of my strong points so I did well on the exam. Basically it can be summarized like anything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it. See you out there folks.

My Ride

GL

let me know who you end up with

My Ride
    BMW E70

Awesome, good luck! See ya out there!

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

good stuff....best of luck with everything....Hope to do a deal with yeah someday

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2