Quantcast
Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Default Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

The fact that they constantly false advertise in their ads just to get you in the door. On many occasions have been caught trying to sell used stuff as brand new in box. And the fact they dont offer any returns or even exchanges! Even if you buy something, walk out the door, take it home and find out its DOA (Dead on arrival), they will not even swap it out for you even if it was bought 10mins ago. They will tell you to take a hike and go through the manufacturer.

I believe Alberta Law states that they have to present you with a full refund as long as it's in the original condition. You might have to do some research, but I'm quite certain there's something like that...or ask any Law student. It's in one of the first courses that they teach.

These guys get such a bad rep, I dont know why anyone would even set foot in there.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

agreed Soundsaround is shit

My Ride
    GTI

Default Re: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Originally posted by copynpaste
    On many occasions have been caught trying to sell used stuff as brand new in box. And the fact they dont offer any returns or even exchanges!
    I don't have anything good to say about them, but I find it strange that they're getting caught selling used stuff as new if they don't do returns or exchanges, unless they were all demo units.

When have they been caught doing this? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious and I like to see evidence of wrong doing before I tell people to stay away.

I'm pretty sure sales are legally final unless a companies policy dictates otherwise. I think it's under the Alberta Fair Trading Act.

Edit - Found. Here are examples of unfair trade for which you can complain about.

http://www.servicealberta.ca/1025.cfm
    Last edited by Hakkola; 05-16-2009 at 12:39 PM.

My Ride
    E92 Bimmer

Places like soundsaround still exist so that places like Visions, BB, and FS can stay in buisness.

To give you an example.. here at Visions we offer not only the Lowest Prices guaranteed but also 100% customer satisfaction guarantee as well..

What that means is. we will beat any competitors price by 5% of the total, NOT 5% of the difference like FS/BB.

Also full 15day money back returns, and 30day exchange as well as 60day price protection which is twice as long as the rest..

LOL.. thats enough of my speel.. however, i must admit, before i started working for Visions Electronics.. i used to love shopping at Soundsaround... there policies my have been crappy and the salesmen were mostly pushy-ass pricks but they definatly knew there stuff and always sold me what i needed nothing more.

That being said im sure some people out there hate shopping at Visions or BB/FS.. it all depends on your experiences with the store.. obviously. Some people say that when you have a good experience at a retail store you tell 1 or 2 people on average, however, if you have a bad experience you tell at least 10.. of which will tell another 10 and so on...

The point is that at the end of the day.. to each there own.. and as long as i can point out the weaknessess of other competitors to make buisness better.. I Will.. lol...

Seriously though... whats a warrenty worth too you??? if you dont mind saving some money and buying products blind out of the box Soundsaround would be the place to go.. But for a better sales experience and policies to help you out places like us, and even FS/BB are around for that very reason.. you pay more for peace of mind.

SORRY for the long ass reply.. im just bored at work lol..
    Last edited by ruffryder; 05-16-2009 at 12:42 PM.

My Ride
    V167

I saw that audio sales guy Firoz drivin his silver Accord coupe (on spinners) just 2 days ago. Does he still work there?

He will hook you up BROTHAAAAAAAAAAA. Extra special service if you are a BROWN BROTHAAAA

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    I saw that audio sales guy Firoz drivin his silver Accord coupe (on spinners) just 2 days ago. Does he still work there?

He will hook you up BROTHAAAAAAAAAAA. Extra special service if you are a BROWN BROTHAAAA

What the fuck!? I thought Firoz was MY brotha! And my cousin's brotha! Does that make you my brotha too?

Default Re: Re: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Originally posted by Hakkola

I don't have anything good to say about them, but I find it strange that they're getting caught selling used stuff as new if they don't do returns or exchanges, unless they were all demo units.

When have they been caught doing this? I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious and I like to see evidence of wrong doing before I tell people to stay away.

I'm pretty sure sales are legally final unless a companies policy dictates otherwise. I think it's under the Alberta Fair Trading Act.

Edit - Found. Here are examples of unfair trade for which you can complain about.

http://www.servicealberta.ca/1025.cfm
    Ive known a few people who bought tvs from them a while back, included their setup and delivery. Guys show up, unbox, only to find out that the tvs were demo units or returns.

A buddy of mines bro used to work there awhile back and whenever they got returns (before theyre policy change), they would always retape the items and sell them as brand new in box, to maximize their profits. Even for defective items, if it was a minor defect (as long as the item still works), they would reseal them and sell as new, to save them the sake of having to send it back to the manufacturer.
    Last edited by copynpaste; 05-16-2009 at 01:02 PM.

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

hahaha I saw Firoz at chinook mall the other day... i have to admit he is damn hilarious and a VERY good salesman... but Soundsaround has gone down the shitter so incredibly hard.

My Ride
    GTI

Hah, yeah Firoz is funny, I got brown treatment even though I'm white, haha. I dated his daughter though.

^^ That's pretty shady that they would do that.

My Ride
    E92 Bimmer

haha Firoz is awsome.. he's the only reason i still step foot in Soundsaround lol, VERY good salesman for sure..

i bought my first soundsystem for my car from him when i was 16.. he's definatly an intense sales guy.

Legend has it that he sold a 55" 1080P High definition Plasma to a blind guy once.. lol.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Originally posted by ruffryder
    Legend has it that he sold a 55" 1080P High definition Plasma to a blind guy once.. lol.
    AHahahahahaha
    Go Flames!

My Ride

Depends where you go I guess. Head to Soundsaround in Crowfoot. I've got some good buddies there who are very knowledgeable and won't fuck you around.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Default Re: Re: Re: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Originally posted by copynpaste

Ive known a few people who bought tvs from them a while back, included their setup and delivery. Guys show up, unbox, only to find out that the tvs were demo units or returns.

A buddy of mines bro used to work there awhile back and whenever they got returns (before theyre policy change), they would always retape the items and sell them as brand new in box, to maximize their profits. Even for defective items, if it was a minor defect (as long as the item still works), they would reseal them and sell as new, to save them the sake of having to send it back to the manufacturer.

How long ago would this be??

Hahaha. I always had decent service and good deals from Firoz. He is a total cheeseball though.

The last time I walked into a Soundsaround, the salesman was sitting on his butt pointing to audio items acting like he was doing me a favor. Haven't been back since.
    Last edited by blackteg2; 05-16-2009 at 02:49 PM.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Last time i was in a soundsaround store was 6-7 years ago!

The Sales guy had no clue how to hook up a receiver to a tv...so i knew what time it was!

My Ride
    NC1

OMG. Classic. LMAO.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I tried to buy a set of amps there a while back that they had on sale. Came in and they only had 1 set left of what I needed, almost pulled the trigger but then I read their policy on the back wall that says no returns or exchanges. I was like...wtf kind of place is this and didn't pull the trigger. I jumped into my car and went to Visions and the guys in audio department (says he was the manager of that department) hooked me up with the exact same amps for like $50 cheaper + i got the return or exhcange policy on top of that. Ever since I have been going to visions for my car audio and always got a sweet deal

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

They are fucktards....nuf said!

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

My parents got a bunch of their stuff at Soundsaround. Sure their policy of no return might suck, but the TV we were looking at, Visions quoted $100 more and that was with haggling, don't even talk about FS or BB. We got there, the price was $100 less than the 2nd cheapest place and the salesman dropped it another $150 for us and threw in a bunch of HDMI cables and other accessories. Never had a problem with the TV and the salesmen know what they're talking about... unlike FS or BB.

Visions is good too, went in to the Lethbridge one to look for amps, manager came up to me, asked me how much I wanted to spend and gave me a BNIB JL Slash 250/1v2 for under their cost, $300 with tax included, brand new price is $600 still on their site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast