Quantcast
Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Soundsaround is good for low prices and if you know exactly what you want. It also depends on the salesman too, but you might want to beware of them in general. I had a sales guy actually refusing to let me buy a bigscreen TV without the extended warranty (it was for my own good, apparently). Even after 30 minutes of arguing, I could not buy the TV until I left the store, walked back in, and talked to another sales guy.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Learned my lesson a long time ago ... never set foot in there for years
    Autosignature

My Ride
    W204

Default Re: Re: Re: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Originally posted by copynpaste
    A buddy of mines bro used to work there awhile back and whenever they got returns (before theyre policy change), they would always retape the items and sell them as brand new in box, to maximize their profits. Even for defective items, if it was a minor defect (as long as the item still works), they would reseal them and sell as new, to save them the sake of having to send it back to the manufacturer.
    Unfortunately your story doesn't lend much credibility. I've shopped at Soundsaround for about 15 years now. In that 15 years, they've never accepted returns. They *will* however, exchange, but only for the same item, and if the item you bought was defective. I've never had a problem with that.

Originally posted by nobb
    Soundsaround is good for low prices and if you know exactly what you want.
    Yes, this is *exactly* how to shop at Soundsaround. Don't go in poking around, asking what TV is good. Know what you need, and what you're willing to pay, and show the salesman that you're serious about walking out the door that day with it. Then they'll skip all the bullshit. I've gotten tons of deals this way.

I've been to Visions, and I can say they are basically a Soundsaround with a return policy, shitty prices, crappy electronics (Soundsaround carries high end stuff like Elite and at one point, Martin Logan), and free pop.

I don't work at Soundsaround (although the manager offered me a job on the spot one time cause I knew way more than their sales guy LOL), but it's definitely my preferred place if I need something and know what I need. I don't think I've ever gone in there to browse before (Future Shop and Best Buy are good for that).

My 2 cents.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-13-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Soundsaround - how are these crooks still in business?

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

How long ago would this be??
    Few years.

I remember buying a VCR from them wwwwwwwway back in the stoneage, and wanted to return it cause I didnt like it and had to go through hell and endless pointless arguements with dude after dude to get my money back.

Never been back since.

What I dont like, is how even when you call a S.A. store, the sales guy will hound you on when youre planning on going in. Giving your name and asking for your name over the phone is fine, but asking when youre coming in or even worse trying to force the guy to come in right that day is poor and unclassy business. In fact its downright appaualling.
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

What I dont like, is how even when you call a S.A. store, the sales guy will hound you on when youre planning on going in. Giving your name and asking for your name over the phone is fine, but asking when youre coming in or even worse trying to force the guy to come in right that day is poor and unclassy business. In fact its downright appaualling.
    Stop calling them then

My Ride

If you can't handle buying from a commission salesman, go to a place like Best Buy where you don't have to deal with it. Your whole story is bullshit. Big box electronics stores do not keep boxes of stuff that would be delivered like TV's, speakers or receivers. How can a place that does not do refunds deliver repacked "demos"? If you buy a demo TV and have it delivered, they don't even use the same delivery SKU, they use one called "DEMO DELIVERY".

I think you're just a pissed off customer that was denied a refund, and trying to start shit online. Next time don't sign a contract you don't agree with and you won't have these issues.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride

I learned my lesson 3 years ago, haven't set foot in a soundsaround since, and i know i've steered quite a few people away from it.

Originally posted by ruffryder
    Legend has it that he sold a 55" 1080P High definition Plasma to a blind guy once.. lol.
    Pfffft, my friend recently sold a 7.1 to the Deaf Foundation

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by tictactoe2004
    I think you're just a pissed off customer that was denied a refund, and trying to start shit online. Next time don't sign a contract you don't agree with and you won't have these issues.
    LOL yeah apparently a VCR that he didn't like. It's guys like him that makes everything more expensive for everyone else.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

I just bought a nice TV from the people (Curtis) in Crowfoot soundsurround. I was very impressed with the shopping experience overall. I mean we haggled quite a bit from them (we haggled off more than 17% worth of its retail price and 11% off the MSRP). I doubt I can get that kind of deals in Futureshop or BB, even on boxing day.
    Last edited by KLCC; 06-03-2009 at 10:10 AM.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

The funny thing about these places is how good they make people feel about the "deals" they get. A lot of times the prices are marked up just so they can take large discounts off the price and make the customer feel like they were treated special. You don't really get this kind of insight until you know the cost of the item to the company, but I can tell you that TVs at places like BB and FS have a minimum of 20 points on them.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride

Originally posted by HyperZell
    The funny thing about these places is how good they make people feel about the "deals" they get. A lot of times the prices are marked up just so they can take large discounts off the price and make the customer feel like they were treated special. You don't really get this kind of insight until you know the cost of the item to the company, but I can tell you that TVs at places like BB and FS have a minimum of 20 points on them.
    You have no idea how this industry works. There is no way you can "know" that BB and FS have that kind of margin in their TV's because they don't... Tv's have 15-20 points margin when they first come out before the ad's start coming out and they go on sale. A good priced lost leader may have anywhere from 2 or 3 points margin on the upper end to 5 points below cost.

I would say that on average most people in calgary pay 8-12% over cost. Take off 1-2% for the credit card transaction and the wage of the person selling you the TV and you don't have much left.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2