Quantcast
Best bubble tea in Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best bubble tea in Calgary?

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Default Best bubble tea in Calgary?

Searched but couldn't find a thread on this topic.

Best for me is Desert House, with Try Again coming in second ... any other recommendations? Desert takes too long and is a bit pricey. Try again doesn't have the same freshness and sometimes the line up is insane.
    Autosignature

peerless pearl house

green apple calpis

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Dessert House is such shit. I can't believe they "renovated" the old bakery for so long, and the best they could come up with was a big empty room that looked like a cafeteria.
    Service still sucks, drinks are still pricey.

Dessert House just thrives because there's a lack of good competition. If Try Again had a sit-down place I'd rather go there 100% of the time.

what happen to teh old bakery did they moved? one did i went thier and they were closed, i loved that place. back onto the topic pearless tea is good, but the dude straight up jack 168 tea shop in toronto menu everything is the same under a different name lol.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Try Again FTW
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by anhsicun
    what happen to teh old bakery did they moved? one did i went thier and they were closed, i loved that place. back onto the topic pearless tea is good, but the dude straight up jack 168 tea shop in toronto menu everything is the same under a different name lol.
    from what i was told peerless pearls and the previous 168 tea shop is the same owner (don't know about now)
    the only reason why he changed the name was because the franchise was too expensive, so he changed the name and kept the menu

i was just at dessert house, they're not that great anymore
    i think try again is the best so far in calgary...
    hopefully there will be more opening soon in calgary!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Try Again FTW
    Word, how do they compare in price to other places though?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    is Invisible

Not sure of the name...but Center st and 16ave Right on the corner in that big mall! That place is pretty decent, but then again i havent tried that many places!

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Word, how do they compare in price to other places though?

They are average...not the cheapest but not the expensivest either, but I always get the fresh fruit drinks so its always pricy
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

expensivest
    most expensive
    Alright thanks, thats good to know
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

most expensive
    Alright thanks, thats good to know

I'm Nammer, what can I say hahaha

And whenever I go BBT, I usually expect to pay around $5.25-6.00, anything above that is too expensive

My Ride
    1997 BMW 318i

Try Again. But they suck because I usually go downtown late at night and Try Again is usually closed when I go. I usually settle for Peerless which isn't too bad when I need a late night bubble tea fix.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by adidas
    Not sure of the name...but Center st and 16ave Right on the corner in that big mall! That place is pretty decent, but then again i havent tried that many places!
    APA or something like that?!

My Ride
    Exploded.

There's a lot of good ones in downtown like the one in Chinatown where you have to go down the stairs because their store is below street level...?

I always love Bubblelicious(?) in T&T NE especially after hauling out groceries, but my new favorite is Bubblemania in 16th!

Lots of flavors and fast service! *

* This comment was not paid for by Bubblemania and I am in no shape or form, in relation to any staff member and/or
    owner of Bubblemania. They're just that good.

Is that the place where BananaJaks used to be?...

My Ride
    is Invisible

Originally posted by LongCity

APA or something like that?!

Originally posted by flipstah

Is that the place where BananaJaks used to be?...

To be honest i am not sure of the exact name. Its fairly nice inside and the store is located in the SW corner of the intersection. I do believe that its the place where BananaJaks used to be.

I believe there opening time is Noon or 1pm. Did not look busy at all, had a wide verity of stuff including food. A nice seating section and the BBT was delicious.

Will try some of the place that have been mentioned in this thread!

My Ride
    RX300

To be honest i am not sure of the exact name. Its fairly nice inside and the store is located in the SW corner of the intersection. I do believe that its the place where BananaJaks used to be.

I believe there opening time is Noon or 1pm. Did not look busy at all, had a wide verity of stuff including food. A nice seating section and the BBT was delicious.

Will try some of the place that have been mentioned in this thread!

APM
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    NC1

They all taste the same to me I get mine without any pearls or jellies etc. but I have to say Try Again makes a wicked Cappuccino or whatever it is they put in there.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by max_boost
    They all taste the same to me I get mine without any pearls or jellies etc. but I have to say Try Again makes a wicked Cappuccino or whatever it is they put in there.
    Sometimes you can tell which one uses powder and the real stuff. Powder mixes are WAY too sweet IMO.

My Ride

Originally posted by flipstah

Sometimes you can tell which one uses powder and the real stuff. Powder mixes are WAY too sweet IMO.

Ughhh u know that you can choose to have your drink in either powder mix or fresh fruit eh....

My Ride
    Exploded.

Ughhh u know that you can choose to have your drink in either powder mix or fresh fruit eh....
    Totally. But sometimes, you gotta have the cheap stuff.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast