Quantcast
Window & Door Replacements - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Window & Door Replacements

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Red Deer, AB
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Window & Door Replacements

    I am going to have all of my windows replaced in my home and wanted to see if others here have any recommendations on who is the best company to do this, price & satisfaction wise.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '16 F-150 Lariat 5.0
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    20

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Raft
    Posts
    10,987
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    I used western windows a little more than a year ago to do two entry doors and about half a dozen windows. they were about middle of the pack in price terms. I was extrememyl happy with the service I got, and the windows had no problmes for the year I lived in that house beofre I moved.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've planted my flag on Nothingburger Hill. Can't walk back from that stance now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    WESTERN WINDOWS

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Check out Legacy Windows.

    http://www.legacywindows.net/

    Ask for Matt or Adam.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    depending on how many windows, how high it is not a hard job for most people to do themselves. ive done it many times on different houses and once you are set up it takes less than 15 minutes per window (average size, slider, casement etc. ) to level out and install with two people.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    99 1.6 EL
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Bump to see if anybody has more recommendations for door & window installers.

    Has anybody dealt with Lux Windows before?

    Also, do you guys look for installers with Window Wise certification?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    02 Blown X
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Billy2K
    Bump to see if anybody has more recommendations for door & window installers.

    Has anybody dealt with Lux Windows before?

    Also, do you guys look for installers with Window Wise certification?
    I used lux to do all my basement windows (three of them enlarged for fire safety) and things went well and I was pretty happy with the quality and install job.

    A year later I decided to get three windows upstairs replaced. Iím not a beyond baller and could only afford to do three. Lux called, told me everything was set up and ready to go. I took the day off work, the installer showed up with only two of the windows, told me lux had lost the third. It has now been about 4 weeks since that happened, no phone calls, no updates, still no third window. Iíll post if it ever shows up.

    My parents also had 26 windows replaced by lux, overall the job went smoothly, quality looked good. Their only complaint is that when the new trim on the inside of the house was installed, it was a little bit smaller than the old trim, so a tiny bit of old paint would appear around the edges.

    Hope that helps.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I had Gentek Windows installed in my house a few years back.

    Need a few small ones to complete it.

    Supplied and installed by a small company.

    I'm in the field right now but when I get back I can throw you the numbers and contact info.

    Albert did awesome work for us. Will use him again...
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2012 Honda Accord EX-L Nav V6 6-Spd

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    02 Blown X
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by 2LOW4SNOW

    A year later I decided to get three windows upstairs replaced. Iím not a beyond baller and could only afford to do three. Lux called, told me everything was set up and ready to go. I took the day off work, the installer showed up with only two of the windows, told me lux had lost the third. It has now been about 4 weeks since that happened, no phone calls, no updates, still no third window. Iíll post if it ever shows up.
    Time for an update to help out my fellow beyond home owners looking for windows.

    It has been 13 weeks now since lux showed up and only installed 2 out of the 3 windows they were supposed to.

    Today I noticed that they have now charged my Visa, for all 3 windows.

    Summary:
    - Took the entire day off work to have 3 windows installed
    - Lux shows up with only 2 windows, indicate that they lost window #3 and will call when they find it
    - 13 weeks later, still no phone call
    - Lux charges my Visa for all 3 windows, without my consent (Not even a phone call)
    - Call Lux and ask why they are charging my Visa without my consent, and for an item I haven't received.
    - Lux tells me that the accounts manager has just got back from vacation and can't get to this for at least a day or two. (Would it be safe to guess that they have customers they screwed over worse than me that are a greater priority?)

    I'll post up what transpires.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by 2LOW4SNOW


    Time for an update to help out my fellow beyond home owners looking for windows.

    It has been 13 weeks now since lux showed up and only installed 2 out of the 3 windows they were supposed to.

    Today I noticed that they have now charged my Visa, for all 3 windows.

    Summary:
    - Took the entire day off work to have 3 windows installed
    - Lux shows up with only 2 windows, indicate that they lost window #3 and will call when they find it
    - 13 weeks later, still no phone call
    - Lux charges my Visa for all 3 windows, without my consent (Not even a phone call)
    - Call Lux and ask why they are charging my Visa without my consent, and for an item I haven't received.
    - Lux tells me that the accounts manager has just got back from vacation and can't get to this for at least a day or two. (Would it be safe to guess that they have customers they screwed over worse than me that are a greater priority?)

    I'll post up what transpires.
    Is there a period of time that Visa requires you to dispute a charge otherwise you're SOL for waiting too long? Maybe let Visa know to put a note on your file so that you also have another option if Lux doesn't get around to refunding your money or replacing that third window.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    02 Blown X
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Amysicle
    Is there a period of time that Visa requires you to dispute a charge otherwise you're SOL for waiting too long? Maybe let Visa know to put a note on your file so that you also have another option if Lux doesn't get around to refunding your money or replacing that third window.
    I guess I didn't really explain it. they just put the charge on my visa last week, I noticed it today.

    So I'm not too concerned.... yet.

    I'm fairly certain that Lux will eventually make this right. But it was a pretty greasy move to just bill my card like that. Especially when they have yet to finish the job.

    Hopefully I don't have to get Visa involved, but will not hesitate to do so if I feel like I am getting the run around. Putting a note on file is a good idea.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    02 Blown X
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Spoke with Lux again. They claim that the infamous window #3 was never built because they didn't have the correct parts on hand to do so (It's just a standard rectangular casement window). I am told that they are making it now, and can install it in August.

    Lux is also telling me that the accounts manager is still on vacation (even though I was told earlier this week that he just got back from vacation). I'll give them 1 more day to sort out this un-authorized charge on my Visa.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 03-27-2007, 05:02 PM
  2. Decent Xenon Bulb Replacements

    By rip in forum Cosmetic and Styling Modifications
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 11-08-2005, 01:01 PM
  3. Where to get a KS with free replacements

    By mr2mike in forum Calgary MR2 Owners Club
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 06-22-2005, 01:46 PM
  4. does the rotary engine require replacements every so often?

    By KPDrag0n in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 08-04-2003, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •