Quantcast
Dog shit season...get off my fucking lawn!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog shit season...get off my fucking lawn!!!

Default Dog shit season...get off my fucking lawn!!!

It's really shitty to see all the dog feces lying around your lawn when you don't even own a dog yourself.

What have you done to deal with this sort of problem?

I have deer shit and rabbit shit on my lawn. No dog shit though.

My Ride
    Audi

- Talk to the people who own dogs and be reasonable if you catch them (I offered one guy a co-op bag cause he forgot his)
    - called city bylaw enforcement
    - write to community newsletter, ask them to put in an article about it and that there is a fine if you are caught not picking up after your dog's shit.

This has mostly worked. I did catch this one girl who let her 3 dogs shit on my lawn, I know her mom cause she usually is the one walking the 3 dogs and ended up chatting with her about it one day. Haven't seen much dog shit on my lawn this year so far.

remember, it's not the dog's fault - it's the owner thats the problem. Don't do anything to punish the dog.

Yesterday, I saw this wigga type with 3 dogs dumping all over my neighbors lawn and he said he forgot to bring a bag. He didn't come back. It's just plain laziness. If your disgusted of picking up dog crap then you don't need to own a dog.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I can deal with dog crap...I just fling it back on my neighbors lawn. What I hate is the dead patches from the female dogs' piss that burns you lawns to crap. If you can catch it early enough, douse it with water and you should be okay.

Just found a nice new dinner plate sized patch of grass dying right in the middle of my front yard. Pisses me off.

To all you dog owners, please continue making an effort to keeps your dogs defications to your own property.

kthxbye.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Dog owners are the reason I would never want to own a corner lot. And l am happy that on my pie lot I only have about 6 feet of grass along the sidewalk because my entire front is basically driveway so I don't have to deal with it.

I do know one guy though that followed the dog owner home with the dog shit and smeared it all over the guys front door and garage door. He had been pissed about it for a while and even talked to the guy and then one day he just snapped. lol
    Last edited by blownz; 05-27-2009 at 02:34 PM.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

I've even used and old ratted newspaper to pick up my dogs shit. Sometimes she'll take more than one shit on a walk, this time it was the third one and I was out of bags.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

Originally posted by blownz
    I do know one guy though that followed the dog owner home with the dog shit and smeared it all over the guys front door and garage door.
    That's fuckin awesome! And I (well, my parents) own a dog.

I always pick up after my dog... except with this one shithead that has a loud as 5.0L mustang with a ridiculously loud exhaust that rips by my parent's house all the time. I do a "fake pick-up" whenever my dog shits on his lawn (ie: take the poop bag and pick up right beside the shit).

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Originally posted by Super_Geo

I do a "fake pick-up" whenever my dog shits on his lawn
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-13-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Can I get charged if I hosed the dog with water if I caught it taking a piss?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Just edge our your yard with some of that cheap 6" fencing; should keep them off your lawn
    Except that it looks ghetto.

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Dogs have surface and mineral rights thus are allowed to take shits freely anywhere they please, especially the dogs that were around when calgary was being settled. You can confirm this by calling the government.
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by Super_Geo

That's fuckin awesome! And I (well, my parents) own a dog.

I always pick up after my dog... except with this one shithead that has a loud as 5.0L mustang with a ridiculously loud exhaust that rips by my parent's house all the time. I do a "fake pick-up" whenever my dog shits on his lawn (ie: take the poop bag and pick up right beside the shit).
    Was it a 1989 coupe by any chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Audi 5000 QT

haha, build some custom thing-a-ma-bob, that when someone puts pressure on your front lawn say a dog steps on it. it will trigger the lawn sprinklers pointed directly at the sidewalk.. then it will get the dog away plus the awsomeness of soaking the owner..lol

www.boostedalberta.com
    =[[Beyonds Dirtiest Daily Driver]]=
    Originally posted by dj_rice
    OOP or whatever that Out of Province Inspection is called

Are you guys really that worried about your damn lawns? I'd recommend getting laid, it will solve the problem much faster.. although you may have to do it regularly or the problem will recur.

wow, i've had many, many, many dogs all my life (my parents breed and trial english setters and german shorthaired pointers) but have NEVER had to pick up a hot, steamy pile of shit in my hand (with only a thin plastic bag as protection). ick

seriously, dog owners should either 1) have sufficient land to let the dog out where it can roam and shit wherever so you dont' even have to worry about it, or 2) pour a concrete slab run with a buried tank so you can just hose the shit down the drain each day, like a septic.

and you guys who live in the cookie cutter sub developments really shouldn't own dogs anyways. didn't you realize that the first time you had to put a bag of hot shit in your pocket?!?!?!?

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Originally posted by nonlinear
    wow, i've had many, many, many dogs all my life (my parents breed and trial english setters and german shorthaired pointers) but have NEVER had to pick up a hot, steamy pile of shit in my hand (with only a thin plastic bag as protection). ick

seriously, dog owners should either 1) have sufficient land to let the dog out where it can roam and shit wherever so you dont' even have to worry about it, or 2) pour a concrete slab run with a buried tank so you can just hose the shit down the drain each day, like a septic.

and you guys who live in the cookie cutter sub developments really shouldn't own dogs anyways. didn't you realize that the first time you had to put a bag of hot shit in your pocket?!?!?!?
    You're just a pussy

Originally posted by nonlinear
    didn't you realize that the first time you had to put a bag of hot shit in your pocket?!?!?!?
    Use a clear produce bag and don't pocket it so everyone can see your dog's output.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I generally shoot the dogs with a pellet gun. It pisses off the owner, but it pretty much puts an end to them shitting on my lawn.

Ok... that's not true. And I live in a condo - I don't have much of a lawn. But if I did, that seems like a viable option.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast