Quantcast
40 km/hr speed limit in residental community - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 40 km/hr speed limit in residental community

My Ride
    1985 Fleetwood

Originally posted by msommers
    ... I find it all too funny that this list was created by the same aged parents that raised the first, so called pussy-generation of kids.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this list was created by someone who had pampered 'yuppy-puppies' for grandchildren.
    "I know a guy who confronted a thief breaking into his Jeep. The thief pulled a knife, so buddy hit him in the head with a 4' Jack-All.
    "Moral of the story: Some people are gullible pussies who'll give you money for trying to rob them, and some people will fuck your shit up with a HiJack.
    Since you can't tell which is which without it being too late, it's probably best to err of the side of caution and not fuck with other people's property." ........ TKRIS

Originally posted by cloud7

IMO, the issue is not speed. The issue is that we (as pedestrians) need to not get hit as much as we are in Calgary. I don't have fancy stats that no one can verify like the police when they want to get their agenda across, but I think it is a no brainer to state that No collision = no fatalities.
    I fully agree pedestrians need to be more careful. Just relaying a fact that I read somewhere and a quick internet search showed that many European and Asian Pacific jurisdictions are doing this for the reason that fatalities drop significantly with a 10km/hr reduction.

Personally I find most people drive at a comfortable speed. Tight residential streets like MacKenzie Towne and people are doing 30-40 while speeding up to 50-60 on the wider boulevards.
    Last edited by DayGlow; 05-30-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by Kennyredline
    The best part of a 40km/hr zone is having a playground zone in the middle of it; the best one is along the stretch of Elbow drive just west of 4st SW...a retardedly long, redundant playground zone, and then...when it finally ends....40km/hr....
    Drove through it 30 mins ago and what do you know, theres a cop towards the south end of it with a radar gun. No playground within 300 meters of him. BS area.

Originally posted by Kritafo
    Tons of traffic circles have been removed in ON.

Now we have a traffic circle...it's most entertaining to watch the firetrucks get around it quickly.

and we all know I am a stay at home mom. I am totally against the traffic calming. Keep your children in the backyards and on the sidewalks, and in the playgrounds.

We have a neighbor that puts signs out on the road saying...slow down children at play, and another one that put pylons out so you have to drive in the middle of the road so her kids can ride their bikes on the road.
    The parents of these stupid kids I almost smoked shouldve had this pylon idea on the road.
    I was heading to the cochrane golf course driving along the main blvd at 45kph cuz I was looking for the turnoff to the parking lot (first time at this course). These 2 kids were throwing a football in between 2 houses. 1 in the back and 1 in the front. The kid in the back over threw it and the kid in the front books it out onto the street to catch it not even hesitating to stop and look, the little shit ran in front of my car, I braked, squeeled my tires honked the shit out of the kid and started to flip fucking balls on him. Idiots.

I just don't understand why kids/teenagers even parents ball toss between houses when we live in areas with more green spaces than ever.

We had our parade of garage sales today. Kids and parents were just crossing whenever and where ever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3